Streaming Station Eleven

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

You reacted to my comment re a moment in ep 5 in the what are you watching now thread.
It is a good show no doubt but the Hollywood preach can go.
Yes I watched Ep 1 when it came out and struggled to keep going. I read your post and wow what a show. Makes you tune in. I look DT to Ep 5.

Up to Ep 4 and whilst it’s a slow burn and at times have to listen and concentrate, it is starting to pay off

I watched the first three eps and enjoyed them while struggling to understand what was going on. So I went back and rewatched the first ep and it made more sense although there's still a good amount of mystery. Yes, it's definitely worth paying attention when you watch it.

I watched the first three eps and enjoyed them while struggling to understand what was going on. So I went back and rewatched the first ep and it made more sense although there's still a good amount of mystery. Yes, it's definitely worth paying attention when you watch it.
Same

You just have to. But sheesh it’s rewarding when the jigsaw puzzle fits together

Ahhhhhhh I get it moment in Ep 5

A particular scene in the airport between mother & son when he says something like "This is the last thing I downloaded should I just delete it?" The camera shows what is on his little computer screen and that was the massive eye role moment for me.

A particular scene in the airport between mother & son when he says something like "This is the last thing I downloaded should I just delete it?" The camera shows what is on his little computer screen and that was the massive eye role moment for me.

I couldn’t figure out the link to the clicking of the cigarette lighter and then I think it was about when Zombie man turned up I thought wait a minute, wait a MINUTE!!!

Up to Ep 6 now

I couldn’t figure out the link to the clicking of the cigarette lighter and then I think it was about when Zombie man turned up I thought wait a minute, wait a MINUTE!!!

Up to Ep 6 now

Just watched ep 5 and put together the cigarette lighter thing and how he knows the book. I slapped my forehead thinking how could I have not seen it - but it's actually a sign of good writing when that happens.

What a great show! I'm still trying to work what it was all about.

Structurally, they nailed it with the timeline shifts. Sometimes you would get a whole episode and other times a flash forward of a couple of seconds. But it all felt connected - by the themes from the graphic novel, the repeated lines across time, the relationships between the characters.

There were so many good performances but Matilda Lawler deserves a mention. She was very expressive and natural for someone so young.

I'm not someone who usually notices wardrobe but it really stood out - whether it was the Shakespearean outfits made of golf gloves or improvised spacesuits from cardboard and squeezy bottles.

I kept noticing Lori Petty in the credits then finally it twigged. She was Tank Girl!

1642166227709.png

Just watched the finale and what a brilliant end to an amazing series. My only gripe was miranda calling the pilot of that plane- not every single character needs to be directly involved in the ending. I'm pretty sure I liked just about every other thing this show did. The music was incredible throughout, whether it was the background score or the characters singing classics. The actors were all incredible and the story telling was immense. Who the * writes the first 8 episodes of this show, then thinks we're going to forget everything and show a bunch of women having babies in harvey norman? And even more ridiculously, makes it another wonderful episode.

I read and really enjoyed the book a few years ago. Pretty sure this story was changed massively but it worked perfectly.

In the very top echelon of limited series tv shows for mine.

I kept noticing Lori Petty in the credits then finally it twigged. She was Tank Girl!

She was also kit in a league of their own and tyler (the surfer chick) in point break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ended up watching 1-9 again before watching the finale, wanted to savour this extremely beautiful and affecting series for just a little bit longer.

Each episode is special, the finale isn't explosive but it gives you catharsis to the story they've been telling in a really satisfying way.

Can't say enough great things about the cast from the leads to the travelling symphony. Matilda deserves to get award recognition.

And like the Leftovers, if they wanted to tell more stories about these characters - even the ones who aren't with us at the end - I would absolutely be there for it.

What a great show. Had me totally riveted.

It has a real Leftovers type vibe, yet different. I reckon anyone who loved Leftovers would love this too.

It’s quite perfect, the cinematography, direction, editing and the incredible sound effects. The clicks, scrapes etc.

The acting is first rate. That Matilda Lawler is the best child actor I reckon I’ve seen (I saw her in an episode of Evil just one week ago and she was a standout in that too).

Anyway, I recommend this highly.

I admit I cried like a baby in the final episode.

And finished.

Slightly underwhelmed with the ending especially around Tyler.

The play distracted me.

The Kristen catch up was great.

Overall it was a great summer series for me. I am glad I watched it over the last two weeks and not week by week because I could follow the links between episodes

I read the book back years ago and pretty much had forgotten all but the basics, but remembered thinking that it was a great page-turner, with great cliffhangers and some serious high points, but was also quite frustrating at times. The TV show was the same. Its best episodes and moments were brilliant and I wanted to keep watching to see what would happen next, but man it was hard at times to get through some eps (the Arthur/Miranda ep was so bad, having it be the third ep really made me question whether to keep watching...) and there were of course plenty of eye-roll moments along the way - 'Mum, what if we deleted capitalism?', the weird Lost-style phone call from Miranda to the pilot - just like there would've been in the book.

But overall it was good and I'm glad I watched it. The relationship between Kirsten and Jeevan was enjoyable (which turns out wasn't even part of the book?), it had some other really good performances, and it was definitely whatever the TV version of a page-turner is. Just feels like it could've been so much better with some tiny changes...

I read the book, and then went straight to watch the show. A LOT of changes. Even in episode 1 things were changed from the book, and sometimes only small things, like Jeevan was actually a paramedic in the book and tried to save Arthur on stage. Jeevan and Kirsten did not stay together post plague, and certainly never met again. I could go on, because by halfway through the series nothing from the book really related anymore story/plot wise.

However, did like it, was certainly something different.

What a great show. Had me totally riveted.

It has a real Leftovers type vibe, yet different. I reckon anyone who loved Leftovers would love this too.

It’s quite perfect, the cinematography, direction, editing and the incredible sound effects. The clicks, scrapes etc.

The acting is first rate. That Matilda Lawler is the best child actor I reckon I’ve seen (I saw her in an episode of Evil just one week ago and she was a standout in that too).

Anyway, I recommend this highly.

I admit I cried like a baby in the final episode.

Yep, I'm with you on all of your comments here Kirby... Except crying in the final ep... You big baby.

"Mesmerising" was the first word I came up with when trying to put a single descriptor to this show, but I think "riveting" is indeed more apt.

I'm a little disappointed that it didn't get more acting or overall Emmy nominations. Although, Himesh Patel, the Cinematography, Editing & Direction all got nominated... Unfortunately, I doubt any of them win though.

Fantastic show that is higly recommended and gone very much under the radar.

Yep, I'm with you on all of your comments here Kirby... Except crying in the final ep... You big baby.

"Mesmerising" was the first word I came up with when trying to put a single descriptor to this show, but I think "riveting" is indeed more apt.

I'm a little disappointed that it didn't get more acting or overall Emmy nominations. Although, Himesh Patel, the Cinematography, Editing & Direction all got nominated... Unfortunately, I doubt any of them win though.

Fantastic show that is higly recommended and gone very much under the radar.
Well look I’m a big tough guy and I was going for some hyperbole, but some moisture leaked out one eye hole….😛

Remove this Banner Ad

Back