vidwhal

Grade A Douchebag
Oct 4, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New York Knicks
Poor Liam Henry, getting big Alex Pearce's knee right in his nose...

View attachment 1310882
Great to see zero bandaging too...

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Roy George.

Guy always goes missing, or is it that I can’t see him amidst the Karma.

I feel I should acknowledge this as I made a similar comment about the culture of our club when I saw Roy's name in the mid season draft, but this kind of punning is much too lowbrow for the sophisticated bigfooty set.

The story goes that he arrived at training in a Peel jumper but by the time he lined up for scratchie he was in Fremantle colours and nobody saw him swap jumpers.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wonder if Treacy's groin issue is a result of the high intensity training he was doing in his break. Just seems strange he trained all through his break no problem but is now cooked.

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
To me, with Brodie, if he can make contest after contest and have input into the out put from contests, then he will be value.
I only watched a small amount of the training yesterday and missed the match simulation, but I reckon that if we were playing today or tomorrow, most of those in rehab would be selected.
But it is also pleasing to see the thunder cloud wearers are out again. It would not be a season to see some Fred Blyxfuts out there.:cool::cool:;);).

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
How are you all gonna see Touk Miller and Will Brodie in the same team, and deduce it's Gold Coast's fault and not Will's that he's unfit? Why do you think they discarded him for trading into next year?
Because they’ve been given so much charity in the form of extra picks in recent years they literally would have had no room on their list or cap to participate in the draft and recruit Mac Andrew had they not?
Comparing two players and then using one to conveniently make your argument is about as fingernail deep analysis as you can get.
I feel I should acknowledge this as I made a similar comment about the culture of our club when I saw Roy's name in the mid season draft, but this kind of punning is much too lowbrow for the sophisticated bigfooty set.

The story goes that he arrived at training in a Peel jumper but by the time he lined up for scratchie he was in Fremantle colours and nobody saw him swap jumpers
Because he’s a Karma Chameleon right?
Sorry, this took me a while to figure out and I just want to spare everyone else the effort 😂

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Serong

Attachments

• 6686B899-00E0-4E7E-8B1B-8937EC583E9F.png
    6686B899-00E0-4E7E-8B1B-8937EC583E9F.png
    768.9 KB · Views: 314
  • 1E42AFEE-8424-4F56-A3EC-E08191EB6F43.png
    1E42AFEE-8424-4F56-A3EC-E08191EB6F43.png
    728.6 KB · Views: 310

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers

I don’t know if most coaches do it with young players, but putting Serong on some the games best was not great for his on field production but it’s paying dividends moving forward. Really seems like a smart coaching move. It sounds like he really learned a ton, which will help raise his game to the next level. Get ready for my Buddy to rack up some Brownlow votes this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Channels

All Australian
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wonder if Treacy's groin issue is a result of the high intensity training he was doing in his break. Just seems strange he trained all through his break no problem but is now cooked.
I’m hoping he hasn’t gone too hard and now suffering OP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
That actually is messed up. I was ready for him to step up his game this season but now that's been pushed back.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
To me, with Brodie, if he can make contest after contest and have input into the out put from contests, then he will be value.
I only watched a small amount of the training yesterday and missed the match simulation, but I reckon that if we were playing today or tomorrow, most of those in rehab would be selected.
But it is also pleasing to see the thunder cloud wearers are out again. It would not be a season to see some Fred Blyxfuts out there.:cool::cool:;);).
His tackling and clearance work get mentioned regularly, but marking and kicking also get some positive comments. There is clearly something there.

kp junior

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
I like the article on the second page about Fyfe displaying an almost flawless kicking technique to get 5.1 from his set shots. Please Nat no more kicking around the body from 25m directly in front, go back, take your time and slot it home.
Good to here they are doing regular goal kicking training, in a competitive situation, with scores recorded and compared. Like we suggested they do about 5 years ago on here.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brodie would be guaranteed A-grade if he had a tank.

He was usually last or close to it in all the Suns running as well.

Dew didn't play him for a reason, and it's not because he doesn't have great offensive ability (although Dew is a bit of dummy and struggles to see this sometimes anyway). Suns have got rid of Lyons for similar reasons (can't run and it doesn't fit with Dew's tremendous gameplan), and left Fiorini to rot in the 2's for one and a half seasons because of similar reasons.

FWIW, the opinion is that the Suns training standards are more than adequate; in the past - not so much, but now, very much so; so, yeah, it's not really a Suns thing, he is just not too well endowed with cardio, but hopefully he has a coach now who can find a way to make his skills work because he does have a lot of them, IMO.

Cripps apparently has no tank either, so if teams can make it work with one player, I can't see why an instant line has to be drawn through someone like Brodie, as as I said, he really does have a lot going for himself otherwise.
Appreciate the insight. It does seem like he has made some inroads this article below dated 15 Dec 2020 indicates he really improved his 2km time trial but coming from a way back it seems.

“Brodie ran a huge 30-second personal best in his 2km time trial”

His performance in the Freo repeat 1km wasn’t great but he did come off limited training base after only having a weeks or so training following 2 weeks of hard quarantine. Looking Michael Frazier II for the Wildcats he is still building fitness after quarantine and then injury. Be interested to see if his Time Trail has since improved.

Also when recruited the rhetoric coming out of the club was they would use him in the middle with stints up forward because he can take a good mark and has good athletic traits. Perhaps a way to manage his not so good tank.

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos

From that article for the last seven games of the 2021 season Serong was one of only six players in the AFL to average at least 25 disposals, 15 uncontested possessions, 6 clearances and six score involvements.

From round 17 onwards Serong had a 32% increase in disposals, a 31% increase in score involvements and increased his clearances by 45%. During that period he took a huge step up to become a very good player rather than just another promising player.

About to turn 21 he is well on the way to becoming a Freo champion. I am looking forward to the next ten years of his career.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
From that article for the last seven games of the 2021 season Serong was one of only six players in the AFL to average at least 25 disposals, 15 uncontested possessions, 6 clearances and six score involvements.

From round 17 onwards Serong had a 32% increase in disposals, a 31% increase in score involvements and increased his clearances by 45%. During that period he took a huge step up to become a very good player rather than just another promising player.

About to turn 21 he is well on the way to becoming a Freo champion. I am looking forward to the next ten years of his career.
He is a gem

May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Appreciate the insight. It does seem like he has made some inroads this article below dated 15 Dec 2020 indicates he really improved his 2km time trial but coming from a way back it seems.

“Brodie ran a huge 30-second personal best in his 2km time trial”

His performance in the Freo repeat 1km wasn’t great but he did come off limited training base after only having a weeks or so training following 2 weeks of hard quarantine. Looking Michael Frazier II for the Wildcats he is still building fitness after quarantine and then injury. Be interested to see if his Time Trail has since improved.

Also when recruited the rhetoric coming out of the club was they would use him in the middle with stints up forward because he can take a good mark and has good athletic traits. Perhaps a way to manage his not so good tank.

Yeah, that "PB time" was after at the behest of Dew he lost 5kg or so in the off-season so he could run better and reached a weight that was less than his draft weight or something 😂.

I believe he put it all back on before he headed over to you guys because he didn't like how it changed his game or something like that, which is fair enough.

May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
thanks for the insight, genuine question and not having a dig at the suns, but what do you attribute the second half of the season fade out to? It’s been an issue for a few years now, is it simply because you play too many kids who aren’t ready for a full season or something else?
we had a similar issue from 2015-2019 and many put it down to our taxing game plan that required 100% effort to be effective.
I don't know man, I don't really follow the Suns that closely; I'm not a die hard or anything.

I always felt it was that they got really soft draws to start seasons. Almost all the wins that the "strong starts" consisted of were to teams who would end up finishing in the bottom 4.

I think also they are the worst list in the comp - then and still now, and the disappointment of trying hard and banging your head against a wall week after week as the season goes on and not getting any result, and staring down the barrel of another failed season is just very tiring and deflating after all the hope and hard work.

IF Brodie has a good career at Freo it is a bonus. Pick 19 is what we wanted, taking Brodie out of GC’s salary cap was the price for it.
Exactly right.

I see him as an upgrade to Blakely and crowden, and a downgrade on Fyfe and Mundy. So an improvement to our 25/26th man.

The real gem out of that deal is Johnson.

Back