Podcast Joe Rogan Experience

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
But he wades into deeply political issues. I agree, he should steer clear of that, for the most part, but when he gets involved, people are going to critique him on those terms.

For example, when he hosts Dan Crenshaw and lets him spout GOP talking points unchallenged, people are going to criticise him for that. He's got an explicitly political, explicitly partisan guest. Why? Why do that if "Joe doesn't do politics"?

I think Joe is a relatively honest fellow who is open to hearing a spectrum of opinions. But I've seen RWers take advantage of his eagerness to find common ground. They roll in and pretend to be super reasonable, while misrepresenting their positions and the positions of "the left".

Occasionally he pushes back (Dave Rubin, Candace Owens), and you can see the ridiculousness of their grift. But all too often he lets it go because he doesn't know enough to challenge them on the details.

He had Bernie Sanders, Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard on.

So he provides a platform for all sorts. But then it highlights what an utter bunch of campaigners the Democrats are as a whole as they turned on both Gabbard and Yang from within not because they were radicals, but because as soon as they appear to be trying to connect with all types of people (like Rogan) they turn on them.

So is it an issue when he has GOP people on but not Democrats? He actually got along very well with all three of those Democrats to the point he declared he was voting for Bernie Sanders. Has he ever declared he's voting for a GOP politician?

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rogan has a bit of a Peterson phenonmem . In that people try and ascribe them a role or a label when that is not what their role is. Peterson (a psychologist) puts his findings out. Don't really care what his political view is.

Rogan is excellent at what he does. While interviews and podcasts have been around he has combined and perfected both. A merger. His role is to have guests on and engage with conversation to tease out their experience and expertise. He brings in his own personality and experiences where necessary but always gives them the floor. He is also a good conversationalist so can wade through dry bits. (His best guests are sport doctors/trainers where he also has experience).

Now combine this with someone like Sam newman (love him or hate him he is a good interviewer) but can't get into his podcast with Don Scott as it is too rambling and crowds out the guest.

His role is to have guests on and engage with conversation to tease out their experience and expertise.
He lets them blather on and nods along almost completely uncritically.

In the case of subjects he doesn't know about - almost all of them - he has no idea how to chase down the obviously rubbish claims. He needs to host debates between experts, not take on the role of journalist. It looks to me like he does almost no research or preparation on his guests. He has nobody there to explain the topic or the issues at hand.

He wants the air of a cerebral show while doing none of the work that should go into it.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal

In the case of subjects he doesn't know about - almost all of them - he has no idea how to chase down the obviously rubbish claims. He needs to host debates between experts, not take on the role of journalist. It looks to me like he does almost no research or preparation on his guests. He has nobody there to explain the topic or the issues at hand.

He wants the air of a cerebral show while doing none of the work that should go into it.
He’s not a journalist though.. he’s a comedian/podcaster and ufc colour commentator
People can’t seem to work that part out for whatever reason

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
He’s not a journalist though.. he’s a comedian/podcaster and ufc colour commentator
People can’t seem to work that part out for whatever reason

And people can't seem to work out that exactly why so many people enjoy listening to him.

He's not a pretentious culture wars dickhead and people like that.

You use the word Journalist like it means anything these days. There's so few independent unbiased journalists out there now that nobody respects that profession anymore as they did in the past.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

He hosts a pod cast. Letting the subjects blather on is part of it while steering the conversation so they are at least entertaining. It is not A Current Affair or even a 730 report. He builds an audience by having guests that entertain his followers. Like the guests or loath them. Fair better way of getting to the flesh of an issue and the claims the guests really make than shock jock or ACA/730 report type gotcha or agenda pushing interviews.

The big issue with Rogan is that he has a massive audience. It's more attractive for sponsors and advertising than the big media companies that spend a fortune to get a quarter of the impressions.

The usual pressures keeping the wrong ideas out of the public discussion don't work, he doesn't care, they can't end his career because he talked to the wrong person.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Not if you're losing your share of key demographics like CNN losing 90% over this time last year with barely 100,000 views in the demo.

Well that's what they get for peddling lies and disinformation. Self inflicted damage.

The difference is Rogan will put his hand up and admit if he was wrong about something, the likes of CNN just double down.

Anyone who watched Rogan have Dr Gupta on his podcast and saw how he acted in that and then how he acted after that on CNN no wonder that garbage network in losing viewers in such large numbers.

he doesn't care, they can't end his career because he talked to the wrong person.
It's not about talking to the wrong person.

It's about not pushing back on obvious falsehoods. Not having the chops as an interviewer, and not having the knowledge. This is fine if you're talking about which brand of kettle bell to use, but he's spreading unfiltered bullshit about health matters that is hurting people.

Same with Oprah, and her pets Dr Oz and Dr Phil.

It's not about talking to the wrong person.

It's about not pushing back on obvious falsehoods. Not having the chops as an interviewer, and not having the knowledge. This is fine if you're talking about which brand of kettle bell to use, but he's spreading unfiltered bullshit about health matters that is hurting people.

Same with Oprah, and her pets Dr Oz and Dr Phil.

Perhaps it's a great symptom of the market being tired of journalists who aren't experts cutting off actual experts when they start talking different to the accepted narrative and just want to hear what they have to say.

Perhaps it's a great symptom of the market being tired of journalists who aren't experts cutting off actual experts when they start talking different to the accepted narrative and just want to hear what they have to say.
I don't think Rogan's audience is that type of person.

I don't think Rogan's audience is that type of person.

You are far superior to them, thats without question.

Just like how all, literally all, of the journalists of liberal media are from and live in wealthy heavy +10 blue districts, from wealthy families that supported them through their low paid interships. Real salt of the earth, in touch with real people sort.

No wonder they were so shocked when Trump won in 2016.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
I listened to his show with the Aussie guy who was calling him out on a few things but he completely stood his ground and argued against it - he never did that for people being against vaccines etc.

He also seems to “know” someone who had this reaction from a vaccine or who got “deltacron” when it was only reported in Seychelles or something.

yeah he’s not a journo but he’s definitely biased and that misinformation doesn’t help.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
I listened to his show with the Aussie guy who was calling him out on a few things but he completely stood his ground and argued against it - he never did that for people being against vaccines etc.

He also seems to “know” someone who had this reaction from a vaccine or who got “deltacron” when it was only reported in Seychelles or something.

yeah he’s not a journo but he’s definitely biased and that misinformation doesn’t help.

That dude came across as weak as piss. Every time Joe stood his ground, he changed/weakened his opinion. Absolute gutless coward and indicative of Australian journalists.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
That dude came across as weak as piss. Every time Joe stood his ground, he changed/weakened his opinion. Absolute gutless coward and indicative of Australian journalists.
Yeah he wasn’t amazing. He definitely tried to say he was wrong a few times but kind of caved quite easily. I think they get intimidated a bit in trying argue.

I listened to when he spoke to Malone etc and he never pushes back against what they say so my issue is that he’s wearing his biases quite openly - which is fine, I know he’s not a journo - but it’s hard to take those interviews seriously if he doesn’t challenge what’s being said.

The link that Chief posted earlier where the scientist goes through all of Maloney points is what I would like to see and offers more credibility.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Yeah he wasn’t amazing. He definitely tried to say he was wrong a few times but kind of caved quite easily. I think they get intimidated a bit in trying argue.

I listened to when he spoke to Malone etc and he never pushes back against what they say so my issue is that he’s wearing his biases quite openly - which is fine, I know he’s not a journo - but it’s hard to take those interviews seriously if he doesn’t challenge what’s being said.

The link that Chief posted earlier where the scientist goes through all of Maloney points is what I would like to see and offers more credibility.

Josh also called out Rogan for the myocarditis misinformation and it turns out Joe was right as the study the guy sourced conflated all demographics and it myo is higher in men under 40 from the vaccine.

Rogan brings these guys on because the others don't. He's admitted he's biased because he's intentionally trying to show the other side of the story that msm is trying to censor. Whether or not they are right isn't the point. His argument is more a free speech one than it is a vax one.

And that guy said he had a list of people who helped him get all the information needed to respond thoroughly.

It really is a case of Malone making stuff up - which requires little to no work - and then debunking him takes a lot of work.

This is how misinformation crowds out good information.

Josh also called out Rogan for the myocarditis misinformation and it turns out Joe was right as the study the guy sourced conflated all demographics and it myo is higher in men under 40 from the vaccine.

Rogan brings these guys on because the others don't. He's admitted he's biased because he's intentionally trying to show the other side of the story that msm is trying to censor. Whether or not they are right isn't the point. His argument is more a free speech one than it is a vax one.

What's the other side of the gravity story?

The other side of the germ theory of disease story?

The other side of the electricity story?

The other side of the spherical Earth story?

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
What's the other side of the gravity story?

The other side of the germ theory of disease story?

The other side of the electricity story?

The other side of the spherical Earth story?

WTF are you on about?

WTF are you on about?
You don't understand that these anti-vaccine people are as non-sensical as the flat Earthers? That the stuff Malone says is as false as saying that gravity doesn't exist?

You don't have to ask grifters and liars for their opinion to get a balanced view. That is false balance.

Back