Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Touk Rowell Anderson
Fiorini Swallow Bowes

Rotations, Bowes has probably the most composure out of the lot and is probably the smartest ball user
I’m rocking Bowes at D4 currently. If he fails I’ve always got you to blame. 😍

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Can any GC fans shed light on who fills the roles of Bowes and Luko if they supposedly move into the midfield and forward line respectively? That’s a quarterback type role and a wing role up for grabs. Could be a couple guys who are tremendous value
Sharp and Powell maybe

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Can any GC fans shed light on who fills the roles of Bowes and Luko if they supposedly move into the midfield and forward line respectively? That’s a quarterback type role and a wing role up for grabs. Could be a couple guys who are tremendous value

Powell is already in that role, but I’m really unsure right now because our social media team doesn’t post s**t so hard to say.

Jeffery apparently switched to the backline. Need to fit in Atkins, Budarick, Uwland & Weller somewhere.

Sharp, Ellis, Weller, Atkins seems to be the wing rotations.

Personally I would be using Weller as the quarterback as he’s one of our better ball users, but I’m not Dew so he’ll probably chose Casboult

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Powell is already in that role, but I’m really unsure right now because our social media team doesn’t post sh*t so hard to say.

Jeffery apparently switched to the backline. Need to fit in Atkins, Budarick, Uwland & Weller somewhere.

Sharp, Ellis, Weller, Atkins seems to be the wing rotations.

Personally I would be using Weller as the quarterback as he’s one of our better ball users, but I’m not Dew so he’ll probably chose Casboult
Is Uwland likely to play much?

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Is Uwland likely to play much?
He's the same mould as Budarick and Budarick coming off an ACL. So i'm sure he wouldn't be that far off.

Uwland's suppose to have good kicking penetration which is key for a half back role.

As i said before the Suns social media post like 8 pictures a week it's super hard to know anything until a random article comes out or a poster goes to training

Hillsy13

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Thinking of starting Newman at d2 with no doch, does someone want to talk me out if it?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
Thinking of starting Newman at d2 with no doch, does someone want to talk me out if it?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I was about to post in "Player X v Y" for similar priced defenders.
I'm liking one defender in the $650-$800K and I have players like Short, Maynard, Bowes and Dawson in the mix, all of which are more likely to score and play that NN IMHO

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Al those guys priced around 80 present upside, but still have risks

I’m considering running a defence like

Lloyd, Whitfield, Sicily, Milera, Sinn, Chesser

Sicily at D3 might be a touch weak, but I’m pretty confident in him and Milera

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Al those guys priced around 80 present upside, but still have risks

I’m considering running a defence like

Lloyd, Whitfield, Sicily, Milera, Sinn, Chesser

Sicily at D3 might be a touch weak, but I’m pretty confident in him and Milera
Just a heads up that Chesser has only just started training with us (this week) due to border closures, naturally he’s being eased in. I imagine we will see him at some point this year but doubtful that it’ll be early on. More likely Foley takes Sheps vacated spot

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Just a heads up that Chesser has only just started training with us (this week) due to border closures, naturally he’s being eased in. I imagine we will see him at some point this year but doubtful that it’ll be early on. More likely Foley takes Sheps vacated spot

I heard he’s taking the other wing?

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I heard he’s taking the other wing?
Technically we have that spot available but I’m dubious. He’s only played half a dozen games in two years at junior level and is starting pre season on the back foot. Training with the mids though which is a good sign. Will be interesting to see where he lines up in our intra and pre season game. We don’t really have anyone to take that spot so it’s a watch this space currently

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Thoughts on Daniel Rioli? Priced at 56 and in the last 5 games of 2021 he went at 79 average playing at half back.

He's a pre-season watch for me but if he's playing in the back line I can see him going at 80 which is enough upside for me to pick him.
I see the logic behind it, but this really does scream a round 3 'How the * is this guy in my team? What was i thinking? I don't care that i have 6 outs this week i am trading him and copping the 0's' sort of a pick.

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sounds like Flynn Perez is one to watch at 292k at North.

Apparently smashing down the door at training after missing last year with an ACL I think. Played a couple games in 2020 and found a bit of the ball. If he gets a spot in the team and links up with Hall across the back lines he could be a real steal.

Also currently only in 86 teams so super unique!

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Sounds like Flynn Perez is one to watch at 292k at North.

Apparently smashing down the door at training after missing last year with an ACL I think. Played a couple games in 2020 and found a bit of the ball. If he gets a spot in the team and links up with Hall across the back lines he could be a real steal.

Also currently only in 86 teams so super unique!
inb4 all he really does is * the Aaron Hall owners :huh:

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
inb4 all he really does is fu** the Aaron Hall owners :huh:

That concerns me too. Reading the training reports apparently he is a more attacking back flanker so perhaps if he plays they will look to get him involved rather than chipping around between Hall/Ziebell.

Certainly a big PS watch for me as a Hall owner

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
That concerns me too. Reading the training reports apparently he is a more attacking back flanker so perhaps if he plays they will look to get him involved rather than chipping around between Hall/Ziebell.

Certainly a big PS watch for me as a Hall owner

Ziebell's the one who chips it around, Hall's the one who demands the ball in a piggish fashion, and always looks to attack. It's why they looked like they disliked each other so much last year, haha.

I'm not concerned about Hall at all - as he links up down the field too when they're attacking. He's always been a bit of a pig, so that doesn't seem to have changed now he's in a defender role - as evidenced by last year

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ziebell's the one who chips it around, Hall's the one who demands the ball in a piggish fashion, and always looks to attack. It's why they looked like they disliked each other so much last year, haha.

I'm not concerned about Hall at all - as he links up down the field too when they're attacking. He's always been a bit of a pig, so that doesn't seem to have changed now he's in a defender role - as evidenced by last year

I think it could still have a negative effect on Hall (slightly I’ll add).

Although I know absolutely nothing about this Perez guy apart from a few posts on their board but if he is also an attacking back flanker and plays similar to Hall, I can only assume that he will take a few of the points Hall would usually be getting.

After all, there is only so many opportunities in a game to get the ball in the hands of your attacking flankers. If last year Hall was the only option, he got an endless supply. If he’s now competing with another player in a similar role, naturally he will get less of it. How much less who knows but it could have some impact.

Regardless I’ll be starting with Hall as if he does continue banging out 120s week after week I’ll be kicking myself for not having him. While on the other hand if he does loose some points, he’ll still likely be a top defender.

I don’t think there is many teams where having 2 attacking back flankers doesn’t affect the scoring of one another. Look at the tigers with Short and Houli. When Houli played, Shorts scoring dropped almost instantly by 10-15pts a game. As soon as Houli was injured, up his scoring went. Perez could have a similar affect on Hall I think if he takes an attacking back flank role. Just means instead of averaging 125 he may only go at a measly 110 🥴

Back