State of Origin State of Origin XVII Round 5 - Allies vs Victoria Metro at Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

kdavva

all-time #2 sweet fa podcast host
Oct 19, 2021
Darwin
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fighting Furies, BHA
RNLw45f.png

ALLIES vs VICTORIA METRO
giants-stadium.jpg

SERIES XVII STANDINGS
1642210254391.png

We're heading into the last round of State of Origin Series XVII with the championship delicately poised. The Allies, who have already clinched the wooden spoon after 3 straight losses, will host Victoria Metro at the Sydney Showgrounds and look to at least have a say in the final make-up of the table.

There's everything for play for for the Melbournites who enjoy a percentage gap over their country rivals and a game in hand over current ladder leaders South Australia. Barring a draw in the other game, a finals berth is all but guaranteed but Metro know a comfortable win will all but secure a berth in the Grand Final. The Allies are already assured of their final position at the bottom of the ladder, but there's still plenty of pride to play for, especially at skipper PMBangers' home base in GIANTS Stadium.

Marlowe disappears immediately after being given the captaincy of anything.

Thanks for driving a good poster out of the SFA Vic Metro.

Really?

Marlowe is quintessential dross weasel

An inner Melbourne tofu curtain kind of perthey.

(perthey is a word I just imagined)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have too many posters making contributions for the Allies. Meanwhile, your team needs to trot out half a dozen retired hacks who no longer post in the SFA just to field a team.

Not one person signed up to VicM this series :cry:

This is coming from the scrappy left overs from the remaining states, imagine not even having enough to field a team seperately.
We would be perfectly capable of naming 3 separate teams if we were allowed just name retired inactives in the side like Metro do.

What is wrong with Vic Metro? Comrade Kennedy Parker is so polite (apparently*) he refuses to state the obvious. As a leader NaturalDisaster is Jo Root minus the runs, the height and hair.

Nice work on putting your AFL team's home ground in as an SFA SOO venue PMBangers.

I remember when I was in the Vic Metro LG, leading the push for us to play a game at Princes Park...
If we're going to lose we may as well do it in the comfort of my own home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back