Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How do we know whether or not vaccinated people will still suffer long covid? We don't yet know that.

They won't.

Today is the anniversary when we genomically sequenced the first strain of Sars-covid-2. People have been vaccinated for nearly two years. They are fine.

I don't want to sound condescending here, but it sounds like you watch the news.

If so, that's the first thing I'd stop doing. I'd also steer clear of social media.

The world actually isn't that bad.

Funnily enough, I caught the Ch9 news a couple times last week as it came in straight after the cricket. OMG. No wonder people are ******* wigging out!!

What a disgrace the news is. It's shameful on us all as a society that the 'news' has such a huge nightly audience.

The MSM is the main problem when it comes to anti-vaxxism.

Sure anti-vaxxers end up in rabbit holes, but even those who aren't an anti vaxxer have had trepidation when it comes to the vaccine for due to the media reporting bullshit, ill-informed stories and biases about adverse events.

They won't.

Today is the anniversary when we genomically sequenced the first strain of Sars-covid-2. People have been vaccinated for nearly two years. They are fine.
I think he meant: does the vaccine protect against long covid in breakthrough infections?

Phentermine is very effective even if it's not a vaccine.
I believe there are significant side effects/ risks

pretty much like using amphetamines

I don't want to sound condescending here, but it sounds like you watch the news.

If so, that's the first thing I'd stop doing. I'd also steer clear of social media.

The world actually isn't that bad.

Funnily enough, I caught the Ch9 news a couple times last week as it came in straight after the cricket. OMG. No wonder people are ******* wigging out!!

What a disgrace the news is. It's shameful on us all as a society that the 'news' has such a huge nightly audience.
I don’t really watch the news personally, but I do use social media and read articles (from various outlets). It’s just hard to avoid COVID news (twitter, Reddit etc.) because it’s talked about almost everywhere including at work.

I don’t like watching the news on major outlets like Channel 7 etc. because I think of them as fear-mongering devices. They sometimes exaggerate when reporting. I somewhat blame those major outlets for the COVID vaccine hesitancy in Australia to begin with. The way they covered the blood clots and other side effects of the vaccines (AstraZeneca and even Pfizer) was terrible and led quite a few people to believe that they’d get side effects when in reality it’s really no different to other vaccines and medication. Therefore, I do not recommend people to just rely on the television ‘news’ to tell them about what’s going on in the world

I don’t really watch the news personally, but I do use social media and read articles (from various outlets). It’s just hard to avoid COVID news (twitter, Reddit etc.) because it’s talked about almost everywhere including at work.

I don’t like watching the news on major outlets like Channel 7 etc. because I think of them as fear-mongering devices. They sometimes exaggerate when reporting. I somewhat blame those major outlets for the COVID vaccine hesitancy in Australia to begin with. The way they covered the blood clots and other side effects of the vaccines (AstraZeneca and even Pfizer) was terrible and led quite a few people to believe that they’d get side effects when in reality it’s really no different to other vaccines and medication. Therefore, I do not recommend people to just rely on the television ‘news’ to tell them about what’s going on in the world
unfortunately they use extreme language to generate clicks/viewers and a lot of people believe everything they read/hear. No wonder people get scared. It’s also stirred up hate and distrust towards the authorities, who are doing their best (imho). None of us could do any better. (No we couldn’t).

Just catching up on Walsh's descent into anti-vaxxer rhetoric. They all follow the same path with this crap.

Being obese and living an unhealthy lifestyle is almost infinitely more dangerous to an individual during this pandemic yet being obese and living this way is more accepted than living a healthy life otherwise but choosing not to vaxx.

I'm obviously against the mandates but can anyone on the opposite side of the discussion tell me why these people haven't been demonised and expelled from the workforce the same way as the unvaxxed have?

Classic anti-vaxx move to equate a non-contagious medical condition with a transmissible virus.

No being obese isn't contagious you are correct, but they do strain our hospital system more than any other. They require billions in medical treatment as a collective and also make operations and procedures more difficult and dangerous as well as requiring more nurses and surgeons in general.

I believe there's been statistical data to show that a booster vaxxed obese person with the general co- morbidities that come with it is still vastly more at risk of requiring medical treatment than a fit and healthy unvaxxed person

We hear so much about the strain on the health system but for decades prior and still to this day Obesity is the number 1 strain on hospitals.

"I believe" okay where is this data? Once again anti-vaxxers love a good anecdote or unproven piece of information.

Monoclonal antibodies have had fantastic effects in treating covid in other countries, (however early signs are that they have been less effective on Omicron according to reports) as far as I know the TGA has only bought over 7700 units from other countries which won't get us far - happy to be corrected but thats the only order I've heard in regards to it re Australia.

Investment into more ICU beds - which happened to be promised by the Andrews government but never delivered - In China they actually built 2 covid hospitals within 2 weeks. We have not attempted anything similar - not to say we'd do it in 2 weeks but while the construction industry had jobs put on hold and workers laid off due to restrictions and a lack of work this would have provided opportunity for many trades in need and would help us in the beef up the hospital system during and after the pandemic.

An effective plan to keep nurses and health care workers on without the need for a vaccine mandate - invest in a system which would allow the use of RAT tests and PCR tests or something entirely new which could allow us to keep these workers in the field without risking patients and co workers safety. What that system is I have no idea but there are other countries who have not implemented these mandates and their health systems have no collapsed as of yet.

Then theres a whole heap of other medicinal drugs which im not going to bother naming as I'm not a pharmacist, nor am I a scientist and nor do I claim to be. However the main focus of the Australian model has been on importing the covid vaccines rather than trialling and creating treatments for people who actually have covid.

The current advice in Australia is to isolate at home until your symptoms are so terrible that you need to head to the hospital - some other countries have been sending out treatment packages to citizens who test positive and while they differ all across the world they are rumoured to include vitamin drips, anti HIV medications and the infamous ivermectin (plz for the love of god im not telling anyone to take it) amongst other things. These drugs have already been approved by their drug administrations as safe for use and even if their benefits may be limited I believe it is better to try something than sit around doing nothing.

Now regardless of my scientific understanding of these drugs or the vaccines... I know that it is not effective to wait until someones symptoms are bad enough to go to the hospital, early treatment and prevention is the best thing you can do in any case.

While I have no issue with the vaccine program aside from the mandate, I believe it has led to a situation where all talk of other treatments has been unfairly dismissed without proper investigation and now we are stuck in a situation where the vaccines we were promised turned out not to be as effective as initially thought and we have no effective treatments of active cases arriving at the hospital. Many scientists and doctors pointed out quite early on that we needed to invest in other means of dealing with the pandemic, to make sure we have multiple options... instead it seems like Australia has put all their eggs in one basket without any real effective means of dealing with rising hospitilizations and heaven forbid if we end up with a strain which the vaccines have no effect on.

And here is the classic alternative treatments, none of which have the effectiveness of the jab. Been listening to Mr. Rogan have we?

A few people in here are so quick to just label anything they've heard a single negative story about on the news as Anti Vaxx. It's embarrassing that you believe your views are so full proof and that anyone who disagrees with them must automatically come under the same stereotypes as the lunatics of society preaching this is all Bill Gates fault.

I can be wrong about everything I've typed as maybe the limited data I've read online or heard on the news isn't up to date with the leading trials and research, that's okay. I'm always fine accepting I was wrong if it turns out to be the case. But to be labelled an anti vaxxer so willy nilly is honestly as low as it gets from your vitriolic hate mob

You must think your own sh*ts don't stink

Making yourself the victim. Another classic in the playbook.

Also admitting you haven't actually read into this properly and are talking out your ass.

That's where you're wrong. They are your opinions and you are not the be all and end all in the world of science. You're a keyboard warrior on bigfooty as is just about everyone else on this site - it's something I'm happy to admit too.

Get over yourself and stop acting so righteous and mighty, it's a terrible trait.

So do you believe in science or not? Because if you did believe, you'd realise how idiotic it is to be against the vaxx.

Do tell me how i meet your quota of an anti vaxxer?

My understanding of the world is my own. Do you know if im fat, thin, old or young? No. You have no understanding of my existence and instead choose to categorize and stereotype me based on the small amount of discussion I have on an online footy forum.

Bigotry at its finest.

I'm gonna trust a scientist over your worldview.

For something I do not have knowledge of, are local GPS able to administer IV infusions or Hospital/clinics only?

Hey look! You're not an expert in this field yet spruik bullshit alternatives to a safe vaccine!

I tried my best to read through as much of it as I could so thanks for the link. Seems to support my post about other countries attempting to provide treatments in the form of at home medical kits filled with similar medicines. As I said, I'm no scientist so much of the data I simply cannot understand unless it's been simplified, but it highlighted ivermectin has shown some minor benefits in some places and next to none in others?

Australia instead went ahead and banned its use for covid altogether and added to the infamous reputation it has already, yet as far as I am aware it's one of the safest drugs on the market as it takes huge over the top dosages to cause severe side effects.

Even in the case that these countries were providing it and it didn't end up helping enough to cause a difference, I think that's a great system and if they had managed to identify more effective medicines which patients could self treat with it would have been a brilliant solution.

I'm not suggesting anyone take it. But I think the idea itself was fantastic, just turned out much like our vaccines, hasn't had the desired outcome we wanted or at minimal has been less effective than we hoped

Once again admitting you know nothing. And your arguments are all over the shop.

Just catching up on Walsh's descent into anti-vaxxer rhetoric. They all follow the same path with this crap.

Classic anti-vaxx move to equate a non-contagious medical condition with a transmissible virus.

"I believe" okay where is this data? Once again anti-vaxxers love a good anecdote or unproven piece of information.

And here is the classic alternative treatments, none of which have the effectiveness of the jab. Been listening to Mr. Rogan have we?

Making yourself the victim. Another classic in the playbook.

Also admitting you haven't actually read into this properly and are talking out your ass.

So do you believe in science or not? Because if you did believe, you'd realise how idiotic it is to be against the vaxx.

I'm gonna trust a scientist over your worldview.

Hey look! You're not an expert in this field yet spruik bullshit alternatives to a safe vaccine!

Once again admitting you know nothing. And your arguments are all over the shop.
Stopped reading after u labelled me anti vax. Ur narrow view of the world isn't worth the time of day.

"I'm not racist, but..."

I'm not anti-vax, but:
  • It is dangerous gene therapy
  • It is experimental and unproven
  • Side effects are common and significant
  • It doesn't stop transmission
  • It doesn't stop infection
  • It doesn't stop hospitalisation
  • You can still die from COVID
  • You can still die from vaccines
  • There has never been a successful vaccine for coronaviruses
Yes, you are anti-vax.

Stopped reading after u labelled me anti vax. Ur narrow view of the world isn't worth the time of day.

Can you explain to me how wanting people to not die from COVID is a narrow view of the world? You realise the vaccine has saved potentially millions of lives worldwide?

I'm not anti-vax, but:
  • It is dangerous gene therapy
  • It is experimental and unproven
  • Side effects are common and significant
  • It doesn't stop transmission
  • It doesn't stop infection
  • It doesn't stop hospitalisation
  • You can still die from COVID
  • You can still die from vaccines
  • There has never been a successful vaccine for coronaviruses
Yes, you are anti-vax.

For a three letter word, but really says a lot about the intentions of the speaker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's heaps of people that aren't actually anti-vax - but due to political leanings and/or religious views find themselves watching Sky News or reading the Herald-Sun. And therefore by default they end up getting exposed to the same nonsense and bullshit that anti-vaxers do. They end up down the same rabbit hole alongside the hardcore anti-vaxers.

As a result, most of the lies and misleading rubbish that you're posting, has already been posted 100's of times already by anti-vaxers on here.

That's why you get lumped in with them.

There's heaps of people that aren't actually anti-vax - but due to political leanings and/or religious views find themselves watching Sky News or reading the Herald-Sun. And therefore by default they end up getting exposed to the same nonsense and bullshit that anti-vaxers do. They end up down the same rabbit hole alongside the hardcore anti-vaxers.

As a result, most of the lies and misleading rubbish that you're posting, has already been posted 100's of times already by anti-vaxers on here.

That's why you get lumped in with them.
Sky News isn't quite what people on here believe it is. Sure there are a couple of night time programs that don't always follow the orthodox narrative but there is also food for thought. The daytime news shows are just that - news, and often far more in depth and informative in a positive way than MSM. All sides of politics and world events are criticised when warranted.

Sky News isn't quite what people on here believe it is. Sure there are a couple of night time programs that don't always follow the orthodox narrative but there is also food for thought. The daytime news shows are just that - news, and often far more in depth and informative in a positive way than MSM. All sides of politics and world events are criticised when warranted.
Its exactly what most people believe it is

News isn't meant it be 'food for thought'.

It's just supposed to report what happened. Fact. Not views.

And that's what people that watch that nonsense often fail to understand. It's opinion - not news.

All 'news' is mostly opinion really. But Murdoch's s**t is almost 100% opinion. Not only is it just opinion, it's opinion on things that they want you to be scared of, or angry about. Mostly, it's completely ******* irrelevant to us.

I talked to a guy the other day who was justifying his world views because he balances his news intake. He told me he watches Skynews, but also the Project.

WTF??!! He, and many, many others genuinely think that these opinions are actually news. They take it as fact.

They think that half the s**t people spend their time whining and screaming about is actually news worthy.

Last edited:
Can you explain to me how wanting people to not die from COVID is a narrow view of the world? You realise the vaccine has saved potentially millions of lives worldwide?
Why would I bother responding to ur questions when you've already mischaracterized me and labelled me a derogatory term?

You've made up your mind and I have no interest in trying to change it as ur actions suggest ur an absolute wank*r

Why would I bother responding to ur questions when you've already mischaracterized me and labelled me a derogatory term?

You've made up your mind and I have no interest in trying to change it as ur actions suggest ur an absolute wank*r
So what you're saying is you have no answer to a simple question?

Is that perhaps because your true feelings have been brought to the forefront in this thread and they are difficult to deal with?

Again, without any labels, I ask you, why are you not supportive of a safe and effective vaccine?

Its exactly what most people believe it is

News isn't meant it be 'food for thought'.

It's just supposed to report what happened. Fact. Not views.

And that's what people that watch that nonsense often fail to understand. It's opinion - not news.

All 'news' is mostly opinion really. But Murdoch's sh*t is almost 100% opinion. Not only is it just opinion, it's opinion on things that they want you to be scared of, or angry about. Mostly, it's completely ******* irrelevant to us.

I talked to a guy the other day who was justifying his world views because he balances his news intake. He told me he watches Skynews, but also the Project.

WTF??!! He, and many, many others genuinely think that these opinions are actually news. They take it as fact.

They think that half the sh*t people spend their time whining and screaming about is actually news worthy.
Well I suggest you watch News Day, Afternoon Agenda and News Night for just plain old news, reporting what happened. Not opinion. The evening shows are the opinion pieces. So is The Project, avoid it like the plague.

Well I suggest you watch News Day, Afternoon Agenda and News Night for just plain old news, reporting what happened. Not opinion. The evening shows are the opinion pieces. So is The Project, avoid it like the plague.

Why? It just falls under the same category as I mentioned earlier.

It's a bunch of s**t that is probably 90% irrelevant to me.

And, even if it was relevant to me - it's purposely reported from an angle designed to ignite my emotions. Fear, anger, sorrow.

Why the * would I watch that s**t?

Why? It just falls under the same category as I mentioned earlier.

It's a bunch of sh*t that is probably 90% irrelevant to me.

And, even if it was relevant to me - it's purposely reported from an angle designed to ignite my emotions. Fear, anger, sorrow.

Why the fu** would I watch that sh*t?
You don’t watch news anywhere then? Ok. No angles, by the way.

So what you're saying is you have no answer to a simple question?

Is that perhaps because your true feelings have been brought to the forefront in this thread and they are difficult to deal with?

Again, without any labels, I ask you, why are you not supportive of a safe and effective vaccine?
Refer to your posts above. You cannot retract the labels you already used.

Everything you have written about me is untrue, misrepresented and misinformed. At no point have I held the views you've accused me of having.

So as I said... you aren't worth the time of day to respond and answer your questions.

Being obese and living an unhealthy lifestyle is almost infinitely more dangerous to an individual during this pandemic yet being obese and living this way is more accepted than living a healthy life otherwise but choosing not to vaxx.

I'm obviously against the mandates but can anyone on the opposite side of the discussion tell me why these people haven't been demonised and expelled from the workforce the same way as the unvaxxed have?
Just felt like bringing this one back because being am amtivaxxer moron recently became topical again

More to the point what the hell has happened to the “yellow slash”. Has he/ she been booted of all covid threads? Conversations do seem a bit more civil last few days.

Back