Position 2022 Defenders

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
FMJ0F5IVgAMd3BX

OK A Bit Dusty you splendid kenty, whos a better bet to score total points(i think I know the answer)
Short vs Dusty, my team has these 2 currently cycling In and Around my team. (Shart costs me a needed mid.)

Ta in advance
Both are good value IMO

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
OK A Bit Dusty you splendid kenty, whos a better bet to score total points(i think I know the answer)
Short vs Dusty, my team has these 2 currently cycling In and Around my team. (Shart costs me a needed mid.)

Ta in advance
Dusty is very skinny at the moment after last years massive injury. Its hard to count him out as he is a gun.
31 this year has to be a worry also. An ageing tigers midfield may not feed him as well as it did in there prime.
on the other hand.
Short is reaching his prime age wise.
He has traditionally scored much higher with Houli out of the team.
The Tigers are not as strong as say 24 months ago. The ball may be in the back half more often.
I would take Short. But Dusty clearly has the higher ceiling.

Ta in advance

I'm talking with my heart more than my head with Tigers players but my gut says Short will average more. No Houli now he should score well but can go missing after Halftime. Dusty will be Dusty hewill have some massive games and then a 70 thrown in.

why-not-both-why-not.gif

I'm talking with my heart more than my head with Tigers players but my gut says Short will average more. No Houli now he should score well but can go missing after Halftime. Dusty will be Dusty hewill have some massive games and then a 70 thrown in.

View attachment 1311244
Houli gone, is Rioli locked into that role after impressing late last year?

HoulI gone, is Rioli locked into that role after impressing late last year?

Yep it's his spot now. I doubt he will score as well as Houli but he is a lock for me. His last 6 games down back went at 85 and he is priced at under 62. He is Def/Fwd as well he won't average 100 but he will score well enough to hold until the bye rounds and be an easy upgrade to a premo either forward or back.
He is 100% lock for me. :padlock:

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep it's his spot now. I doubt he will score as well as Houli but he is a lock for me. His last 6 games down back went at 85 and he is priced at under 62. He is Def/Fwd as well he won't average 100 but he will score well enough to hold until the bye rounds and be an easy upgrade to a premo either forward or back.
+1.
Never left my side.

Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
Should see a fair bit of the ball if he plays down back :p

Didn’t realise he was still a forward. That changes things.

Last edited:

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is 90 avg still enough for a D6?
27 players averaged over that last year
14 over 95
7 over 100
5 over 105
I suppose if you have a midpricer average 90 its acceptable as a keeper. But otherwise I think the bar has been raised.
Plan for 95+ at a minimum.
Thoughts?
No one ever finishes with a perfect team.

At the end of the season, show me a team with a D6 averaging 95 and I bet their F6 or their M8 is a shittruck - or both.

I started Aliir at 320k, he ended with an average of 87.6, he was my D6 and I'd do it again every time.

turtles

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
14 over 95
7 over 100
5 over 105
I suppose if you have a midpricer average 90 its acceptable as a keeper. But otherwise I think the bar has been raised.
Thoughts?
Last years winners finishing defence;
Laird 116.2
Stewart 107.6
Ridley 98.7
Short 98.3
Whitfield 92.3
May 90.5

Never owned 4 of the top 6 by average;
Mills 112.3
Lloyd 107.8
Rich 107.0
Crisp 104.9

14 over 95
7 over 100
5 over 105
Thoughts?

Yes, plenty high enough, but you don't pick a player at the start of the season if you think they will just be a 90ave player.
You pick them up when they bottom out at some stupid price and you are running low on trades and $

Battlepants

All Australian
Feb 6, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
I'm really starting to come around to Jayden Short as an option.

Averaged 105 in games without Houli, and every one of his really poor score (60's and 70's) came when Houli was in the team. Now he's surely gotta be the main guy in defence. Also I can see the ball being in that half of the ground for Richmond a lot this year :p

Averaged 105 in games without Houli, and every one of his really poor score (60's and 70's) came when Houli was in the team. Now he's surely gotta be the main guy in defence. Also I can see the ball being in that half of the ground for Richmond a lot this year :p
Dan Rioli might affect him

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

Great pick and probably the only relevant premo we have these days
Safe as houses to play 22 which is probably more important then ever from starting picks these days

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Untitled-design-2.jpg

There is an update on the role for Lachie Ash in 2022, a role in the midfield this season is again on the cards.

He was moved into the midfield in 2021, part of his role was to identify & run with specific opposition players.
It appears he will continue through the middle of the ground at some level in 2022, Phil Davis provided an update this week.

“Really love what Lachie Ash is doing,”

“I think he’s in really good shape.”

“Spending more time in the midfield which I think is really exciting.”

1642413938414.png

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Untitled-design-2.jpg

There is an update on the role for Lachie Ash in 2022, a role in the midfield this season is again on the cards.

He was moved into the midfield in 2021, part of his role was to identify & run with specific opposition players.
It appears he will continue through the middle of the ground at some level in 2022, Phil Davis provided an update this week.

“Really love what Lachie Ash is doing,”

“I think he’s in really good shape.”

“Spending more time in the midfield which I think is really exciting.”

View attachment 1312444

My team never not had him featured in it

Back