The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to see a bit of fight finally. Have barely watched any of this test, havent really bothered considering how inept England have been. I did see a replay though of that ball that hit Stokes’ off stump however failed to dislodge the bail. Not sure I’ve ever seen it like that before, amazing.

Can almost not tell where the pitch starts and ends it's that green
Maybe that’s why Marnus was so confused where his stumps were?!

Quite a green tinge but been a little over exaggerated in the media…

2F696630-3F7B-453E-BF92-3C70B72814F2.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why's that?
That post was a more of a reaction to Warner falling again. Realistically though, we've struggled there for ages (even a weak Sri Lanka managed a 3-0 whitewash in 2016) and Warner will effectively have us one player down. I'm confident in our bowlers, but I have concerns over our batting. Hopefully Smith can get back to some form, and Labs, Head and Green can handle the condition (all three are unproven there in tests).

I’ve had to do a double take, wtf. Switched it off with England 0-60 something, and fully expected some wickets in the night session. But bowled out? 10 wickets in 20 odd overs? That’s utterly embarrassing.

Won’t get a better opportunity than that to win an Ashes Test here, and they absolutely ****ed it up. Couldn’t believe the scorecard when I checked it, but in a way, it’s actually very believable.

for the sum of its parts its the worst side i can recall seeing. unfit, underprepared, tactically woeful, no ability to play the bounce or turn and no willingness to stay in and fight. and it's not like this is an all time great australian team, yet still got flicked aside with relative ease. one wicket short of a whitewash, no score above 300 in 10 innings. what a mess

Surely, it's just a marketing gimmick to label any women's games between England and Australia as 'The Ashes'.

The origin of the term refers to a satirical obituary published in a British newspaper, The Sporting Times, immediately after Australia's 1882 victory at The Oval, its first Test win on English soil. The obituary stated that English cricket had died, and "the body will be cremated and the ashes taken to Australia". This tradition is about men's cricket.

The term has no relevance to women's cricket between the two countries, moreso when it is being extended to One-Day Internationals and Twenty20 International matches.

Only positive from this seeing his former teammates/current mates go in to back up their mate. Terribly mishandled and seems like a great coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back