The pressure on the WA government to relax it's rigid border rules

Do you agree with the rigid border rules or do you agree there is room for flexibility?

• Yes border rules are keeping WA safe

Votes: 45 53.6%
  • No there needs to be flexibility

Votes: 39 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate i ran a advertising campaign all through the footy in country wa including the gf last year. You think i would have had the confidence to do that in any other state?

I knew he would go as hard as possible - gave me the confidence that my outlay would get a return unlike other states where it could have been wasted in lockdown or as it now is as people are unable to work as they are close contacts etc.

Fair point but this reflects how you feel where my statement was about the facts

There was more than one way to deliver good outcomes

Let’s revisit in another 12 months

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Fair point but this reflects how you feel where my statement was about the facts

There was more than one way to deliver good outcomes

Let’s revisit in another 12 months
But we have had by far the best outcome.

Zero local transmission deaths.

Best economy in the world

These things arent unrelated.

But we have had by far the best outcome.

Zero local transmission deaths.

Best economy in the world

These things arent unrelated.

Agree but that doesn’t impact my original post

Let’s revisit in a year

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Agree but that doesn’t impact my original post

Let’s revisit in a year
Your op said there was alternate ways to get the same outcome - but our outcome was better than the other states AND furthermore the closer the other states were to our approach, the better THEIR outcomes were AND the further away from our approach the other states were the worse their outcomes were.

Id call that a slam dunk….

Your op said there was alternate ways to get the same outcome - but our outcome was better than the other states AND furthermore the closer the other states were to our approach, the better THEIR outcomes were AND the further away from our approach the other states were the worse their outcomes were.

well we can remove "best economy in the world" for a start as SA, Tas, Qld and NT can never achieve this and thus not relevant

Let's revisit WA in 12 months when it opens up to put it on an even keel with the states that had achieved the same wonderful outcome as WA

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club

In other words the best thing to do would be stay the course and keep the borders shut.

Problem is that is inconsistent with his locked in open date of Feb 5, so now with zero news on g2g that'll be used to let the least amount of people as possible by continued rejections.

That way he saves face and keeps the border shut open.

Win win.

In other words the best thing to do would be stay the course and keep the borders shut.

Problem is that is inconsistent with his locked in open date of Feb 5, so now with zero news on g2g that'll be used to let the least amount of people as possible by continued rejections.

Win win.
So he declares the border open but very few people will be allowed in? Will “open” mean dismantling checkpoints, or ceasing quarantine requirements?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth

Win win.
Id suggest we go to masks, social distancing, good hygiene, those who can work from home, do

Taking it seriously.

All the things nsw have just failed at doing.

Taiwan killed a delta outbreak with those methods.

Last edited:

Sqotty from office works

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2021
Mclean
AFL Club
Carlton

Win win.
I never heard him say border will definitely open on 5th.

I actually him say "all going well, we will be opening"

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
So he declares the border open but very few people will be allowed in? Will “open” mean dismantling checkpoints, or ceasing quarantine requirements?
My guess is your 1st question, that way he's backed his locked in date but also let very few in. Win win, easier to control the spread.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Id suggest we go to masks, social distancing, good hygiene, those who can work from home, do

Taking it seriously.

All the things nsw have just failed at doing.

Taiwan killed a delta outbreak with those methods.
None of that will do zip once it's in. If g2gs are restricted to an absolute minimum then easier to control. And he saves face.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
None of that will do zip once it's in. If g2gs are restricted to an absolute minimum then easier to control. And he saves face.
Taiwan killed a delta outbreak with those measures….

Of course taiwan isnt filled with brain dead bazzas who failed year 9 biology, wearing them over their chin whilst gurbling “mArsKs dOnt woRk sHeePlE”

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Taiwan killed a delta outbreak with those measures….

Of course taiwan isnt filled with brain dead bazzas who failed year 9 biology, wearing them over their chin whilst gurbling “mArsKs dOnt woRk sHeePlE”
We're talking omicron, aus has largely had delta under control even without lock out and down.

This is evidently a different kettle of fish , masks , distancing etc will do zero to stop it.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
This is probably the aim, to minimise entry. Smart strategy as long the news around g2g is quiet.

Edit, my guess is entry to wa residents only and only for work or reunion
If we could make the spread through the population a lot slower i think it would be good.

Sydney and melbournes spread is not to be desired.

no

The states I highlighted have achieved great outcomes like WA. So to that point in time, there was no difference in fact some states had a better record than WA.

The only difference now is many states are opening up and thus unfair to benchmark. That's why I say wait 12 months.

So yes my post has stood the test of time and yes a slam dunk as you highlight

Back