Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine if we had a media that did its job without fear or favour and an icac with teeth!!!

***nb the pics are completely unrelated to each other - just because she donates heaps to the liberal party does not mean that she gets lots of federal government moolah for ??????

36AD2F00-CB81-4834-8226-947620DE071C.jpeg
C8E2F5E1-FF1A-4FE8-853A-113D213D9304.jpeg

Imagine if we had a media that did its job without fear or favour and an icac with teeth!!!

***nb the pics are completely unrelated to each other - just because she donates heaps to the liberal party does not mean that she gets lots of federal government moolah for ??????

View attachment 1310152
View attachment 1310151
Expect the pathetic bootlicker to try and defend this pretty soon

Expect the pathetic bootlicker to try and defend this pretty soon
Imagine if corruption like this was on the front of newspapers?

imagine if we had an icac?

good chance wed have money for free rats like the rest of the civilised world.

Actual journalism that eviscerates the capture of traditional media & its collusion with the current government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Much of that article would be incomprehensible to old mate Kwali.

This is the perfect example of why your wrong. While you’ve got the outraged jumping up & down you also get the clarification of the other side of the story in the comments. In msm you get one side of the opinion piece.

LOL you are basing your positive opinion of SM on the massive assumption that people get to see all sides of an issue any better than MSM allows them to. Much of the MSM is ****ed but so is much of SM.

The only sane response is to be highly sceptical of everything (and highly praising of any media that does display integrity).

Oh and most important of all, use a damn aHd bLloquer.

LOL you are basing your positive opinion of SM on the massive assumption that people get to see all sides of an issue any better than MSM allows them to. Much of the MSM is f’ed but so is much of SM.

The only sane response is to be highly sceptical of everything (and highly praising of any media that does display integrity).

But sm is not just Twitter. This site is sm.

Last edited:
LOL you are basing your positive opinion of SM on the massive assumption that people get to see all sides of an issue any better than MSM allows them to. Much of the MSM is f’ed but so is much of SM.

…agree…. read different sources but for SM people can easily post counter point/link to other sources

MSM can delete or just not post a comment if they want to.

Look I appreciate the diversity of opinions I can find on BF, but even if it were a thousand times bigger, you couldn't seriously compare it to behemoths like FB and Twitter.
I haven’t watched or bought a newspaper in 15+ years. I’ve missed absolutely nothing. SM is a bigger news source. It’s almost the first port of call for the majority of the population. Msm is a dieing platform that is almost irrelevant to anyone under the age of 35. Why? Because it has not one ounce of diverse opinions and is half the time rehashed SM news that’s sold as news breaking hours after it happened. Most news is broken on sm and rarely by msm.

It’s one of the reasons the footy show slowly died. People don’t have to sit through 2 hours of a show when they can get that information literally minutes after their team is named. It also used to be McGuire breaking stories was part of the sell of the show. That’s gone because on sm you literally get it when it does actually “break”. And also you don’t have a host guiding the talking points in his direction anymore. Lost count how many times I’d watch TFS and it would all be directed what McGuire preferred. Example MCC signing an extended GF contract the cheers and rapture from the panel was sickening when on SM it’s looked at from every different perspective.

Give me diverse opinions on SM any day of the week. Like I say it’s a dieing platform.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t watched or bought a newspaper in 15+ years. I’ve missed absolutely nothing. SM is a bigger news source. It’s almost the first port of call for the majority of the population. Msm is a dieing platform that is almost irrelevant to anyone under the age of 35. Why? Because it has not one ounce of diverse opinions and is half the time rehashed SM news that’s sold as news breaking hours after it happened. Most news is broken on sm and rarely by msm.

It’s one of the reasons the footy show slowly died. People don’t have to sit through 2 hours of a show when they can get that information literally minutes after their team is named. It also used to be McGuire breaking stories was part of the sell of the show. That’s gone because on sm you literally get it when it does actually “break”. And also you don’t have a host guiding the talking points in his direction anymore. Lost count how many times I’d watch TFS and it would all be directed what McGuire preferred. Example MCC signing an extended GF contract the cheers and rapture from the panel was sickening when on SM it’s looked at from every different perspective.

Give me diverse opinions on SM any day of the week. Like I say it’s a dieing platform.
Yeah look you don't have to tell me MSM is dying.

What I don't get is your admiration for social media and your inability to see that it's just as curated as any other medium.

Worse actually - something like FB represents the first time in human history that media consumers know what they see is being curated - just like with MSM - but the difference is that now they have no idea what they're not seeing, nor do they have any idea why they're seeing what they are seeing.

At least with old-style biased newspapers they tended to nail their bias to the mast (head lol) and you could keep that in the back of your mind as you read them.

Yeah look you don't have to tell me MSM is dying.

What I don't get is your admiration for social media and your inability to see that it's just as curated as any other medium.

Worse actually - something like FB represents the first time in human history that media consumers know what they see is being curated - just like with MSM - but the difference is that now they have no idea what they're not seeing, nor do they have any idea why they're seeing what they are seeing.

At least with old-style biased newspapers they tended to nail their bias to the mast (head lol) and you could keep that in the back of your mind as you read them.
I wouldn’t say I admire it I just can see why it’s more popular & why people like it so much. It’s more accessible & people get to participate in it. I fully agree you have to wade through some strange & wild comments but we did that sifting through the crap on msm. It’s why talk back radio survives. Until msm is prepared to allow the average person in on the conversation the majority of younger people will walk away from it and most likely never entertain the idea of even looking at it.

As for not seeing I totally disagree. The Howard government for years were a very very good example of the utter garbage one side of the story from newscorp that we got Fed never getting the other side put forward. Go look through msm and it’s only now after a complete disaster that is this government that we only get a few snippets of how incompetent the Morrison government has been. Atleast with people talking on SM we get to hear how the other side of the story feels.

The mast head is not gone there is just more of them now.

Stopped watching the footy show as it was already played late in wa and then they would announce us close to the end.

Stopped watching the footy show as it was already played late in wa and then they would announce us close to the end.
Yep similar to me. Wtf would I sit through that till late to get a 30 second preview & teams of Sydney when I can get it immediately on SM read through the comments and most likely a better preview on SM and go to bed at a decent hour.

Yep similar to me. Wtf would I sit through that till late to get a 30 second preview & teams of Sydney when I can get it immediately on SM read through the comments and most likely a better preview on SM and go to bed at a decent hour.
20 minutes of the show each for carl/col/ess/rich - 10 min ea for haw/gee - scraps for the rest

I wouldn’t say I admire it I just can see why it’s more popular & why people like it so much. It’s more accessible & people get to participate in it. I fully agree you have to wade through some strange & wild comments but we did that sifting through the crap on msm. It’s why talk back radio survives. Until msm is prepared to allow the average person in on the conversation the majority of younger people will walk away from it and most likely never entertain the idea of even looking at it.

As for not seeing I totally disagree. The Howard government for years were a very very good example of the utter garbage one side of the story from newscorp that we got Fed never getting the other side put forward. Go look through msm and it’s only now after a complete disaster that is this government that we only get a few snippets of how incompetent the Morrison government has been. Atleast with people talking on SM we get to hear how the other side of the story feels.

The mast head is not gone there is just more of them now.
Honestly mate, SM may be better than the MSM in many, many ways and I agree, but you seem to be completely ignoring the fact that the very essence of a platform like FB is an insane level of analysis of subscribers’ data and then curating what subscribers see - entirely for FB’s commercial gain, not for the benefit of the subscriber.

They want us to feel we’re getting a range of viewpoints, but they have zero interest in providing anything more than just enough of that feeling to keep us scrolling.

You seem to be living in fantasyland about how (and to what purpose) true SM operates.

Honestly mate, SM may be better than the MSM in many, many ways and I agree, but you seem to be completely ignoring the fact that the very essence of a platform like FB is an insane level of analysis of subscribers’ data and then curating what subscribers see - entirely for FB’s commercial gain, not for the benefit of the subscriber.

They want us to feel we’re getting a range of viewpoints, but they have zero interest in providing anything more than just enough of that feeling to keep us scrolling.

You seem to be living in fantasyland about how (and to what purpose) true SM operates.
Like I’ve said I truly get your point but you seem to ignore if I post an opposite view of yours on FB or here on BF I get it posted. I get my view across exactly like what we have just been doing on here. That’s what people want. They analyse peoples data exactly the same as what msm did for decades except via their ratings so they’d look at their ratings exactly like FB looks at your data and tries to provide what people want. It’s exactly the same for every single media platform ever. Except with SM you get to interact with what your watching. You get to agree or disagree with someone else. Look we’ll agree to disagree because We’re getting very off track. It’s evolution. The world is never going back in time to Willesea, ray Martin, TFS, wide world of sports or Sunday night movies or any of those old school things. You either move with the times or get left behind. I’ll take sites like this over msm every single day of the week. With or with data analysis.

Last edited:
Like I’ve said I truly get your point but you seem to ignore if I post an opposite view of yours on FB or here on BF I get it posted. I get my view across exactly like what we have just been doing on here. That’s what people want. They analyse peoples data exactly the same as what msm did for decades except via their ratings so they’d look at their ratings exactly like FB looks at your data and tries to provide what people want. It’s exactly the same for every single media platform ever. Except with SM you get to interact with what your watching. You get to agree or disagree with someone else. Look we’ll agree to disagree because We’re getting very off track. It’s evolution. The world is never going back in time to Willesea, ray Martin, TFS, wide world of sports or Sunday night movies or any of those old school things. You either move with the times or get left behind. I’ll take sites like this over msm every single day of the week. With or with data analysis.
But true SM uses data analysis to a degree unimaginable by MSM.

And yes, on FB you can make a reply to a post that you disagree with, but you seem to be assuming you will see that post in the first place, which I don’t feel is an assumption one can make as regards SM.

Anyway, yeah, agree to disagree mate. You and I seem to be in accord on most matters, not just the great footy club we support.

Decentralization through the internet has made that possible. Web3 is going to make it even more decentralized and democratized.

Interesting thread, Kwality you should click through and have a read

Here's the thread reader version for those not on twitter, but it doesn't cover the last few tweets for some reason.
It's worth reading on twitter for those, and the reply comments as well

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back