Opinion 2022 Fantasy Player X vs Y vs Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m running a 4 rookie midfield if there’s a good cheap one. Freeman would be perfect.

I do like the added options it provides running 4 deep assuming there is a good option there. Between Clark and Freeman I’m thinking one of them should be able to hold down a M8 position and score 70+ and be a decent option.

Certainly improves my backline and takes away the risk of Milera.

Otherwise if don’t want to pay that much for Hall I could go Milera to Maynard/Bowes/Ridley and Gresham to Thomas/Cogs/Heeney but they are all the toss of a coin at the moment

creamPIES

Debutant
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Steele and rowell vs neale and yeo
I have it at 120 and 75 vs 105 and 95 but still slightly leaning towards steele for the captain option, thoughts?

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Steele and rowell vs neale and yeo
I have it at 120 and 75 vs 105 and 95 but still slightly leaning towards steele for the captain option, thoughts?
It all kinda hinges on what you think Rowell goes. If he can hit 80 then that option is a no brainer. I think he can go 80. Third year, coming in fit, will be given all the mid time he wants especially with no Greenwood. A lot lining up for him, it's just whether or not he can stay on the park. Also seems more a supercoach pick than a fantasy pick but still represents value at his price

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Last toss up until I think I’m set until we start getting more training reports.

Crisp and Butters
Or
Duncan and Hunter Clark

Both almost identical in my view however tossing up if Duncan has that greater ceiling and consistency than Crisp and therefor the better option?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Last toss up until I think I’m set until we start getting more training reports.

Crisp and Butters
Or
Duncan and Hunter Clark

Both almost identical in my view however tossing up if Duncan has that greater ceiling and consistency than Crisp and therefor the better option?
Crisp and Butters .....I wouldn't dare have Hunter Clark in my side ever again

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hunters been on my radar all PS but never quite makes it into the team. Actually started last year pretty well averaging in the high 80s before it all fell apart
I’m starting him this year. Had a shocker last year. Couple injury games and never quite got the continuity he needs to make that midfield transition. I think he’s value this year

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
i think this is his year ;)
Oh My Biff .gif

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Hunters been on my radar all PS but never quite makes it into the team. Actually started last year pretty well averaging in the high 80s before it all fell apart
Saints keep talking about Hunter Clark the Superstar playing midfield .....they keep dumping him back to HBF ....he's just not quick enough for a Mid

Do I sound twisted & bitter ? .......yes I'm an ex owner

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m starting him this year. Had a shocker last year. Couple injury games and never quite got the continuity he needs to make that midfield transition. I think he’s value this year

Guess the question for me is will he average similar or better than Butters to make it worthwhile?

I imagine both Crisp and Duncan will be somewhat similar (Duncan perhaps 5pts more), and expect Butters to go close to 90 this year.

Either way I think both options score quite well.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is specifically for my "born in the 2000s" young guns team. There are no real premos besides Walsh so it's mostly mid-pricers. I know this isn't the most ideal players for these spots.

Bowey and Duursma, or Quaynor and Daicos?

Will Phillips, Finn Maginness, or Fin Macrae?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Macrae and Darcy
Jelly and Gawn

Macrae is one of my first picked every year so I’d say option 1.

Super consistent, rarely injured and doesn’t get suspended.

He’s the perfect fantasy player in my view and I’ll never not start him as then I’ll kick myself every 120+ he knocks out.

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Macrae is one of my first picked every year so I’d say option 1.

Super consistent, rarely injured and doesn’t get suspended.

He’s the perfect fantasy player in my view and I’ll never not start him as then I’ll kick myself every 120+ he knocks out.
Macrae v Steele v Mitchell. Pick 2?

And also, Tarryn Thomas v Butters?

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Personally I’m all aboard Steele and Mitchell. Obviously it’s splitting hairs but I feel Mitchell has hit that top echelon of fantasy on numerous occasions and Steele has now hit that. Macrae is just slightly under them both.

I’m more bullish on butters for the next one but again, it’s splitting hairs. I feel like butters is a higher chance for more mid time

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Personally I’m all aboard Steele and Mitchell. Obviously it’s splitting hairs but I feel Mitchell has hit that top echelon of fantasy on numerous occasions and Steele has now hit that. Macrae is just slightly under them both.

I’m more bullish on butters for the next one but again, it’s splitting hairs. I feel like butters is a higher chance for more mid time
Guess there’s more mouths to feed at North, where Port generally just run the same few mids in Wines, Boak, Drew

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I can’t split those first 3 so just taking them all. If it wasn’t for Steele’s early draw I’d say Macrae and Mitchell but because of Steele’s draw if I had to split them I’d go Macrae and Steele.

Butters and Thomas I’ve also been unable to really split but settled on Butters as I’m expecting him to be 70/30 midfield time which is probably higher than Thomas.

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I can’t split those first 3 so just taking them all. If it wasn’t for Steele’s early draw I’d say Macrae and Mitchell but because of Steele’s draw if I had to split them I’d go Macrae and Steele.

Butters and Thomas I’ve also been unable to really split but settled on Butters as I’m expecting him to be 70/30 midfield time which is probably higher than Thomas.
Love the big 1,2,3 punch in the mids. Where are you going light on to fit them in?

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat

thanks to your earlier advice I have the same top 3. I’ve been chopping and changing Butters and Thomas every day. Today I have Butters

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Love the big 1,2,3 punch in the mids. Where are you going light on to fit them in?

I’m going much more the typical guns Nrooks set up this year and avoiding the mid pricers like Sicily, Rowell, Witts etc. I never pick them right and most the time they don’t become premium players so why bother starting with them I’m thinking this year.

Also going with the 4 big midfielders (Jelly M4) and running with 4 rookies as I think they will come close enough to matching some of the mid pricers while saving 2-300k.

My current on field price set up is;
900+ = 5
8-900 = 3
7-800 = 3
6-700 = 1
5-600 = 1
4-500 = 0
3-400 = 2
Below 300 = 7

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Does anyone have the BE of Steele, Touk and Lyons? I'm curious to see what they'll need to score to at least hold their value early in the season.

Touk 121
Steele 120
Lyons 116

Even if they drop a little here at there I still expect those three to be in the top few so wouldn’t be too worried if they miss their BE (unless they score a 50 🥴)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back