Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s really quite difficult to tell which Carlton supporters are trolls or just plain delusional. Potentially both. Same with a few Hawks.

Anyway, how about that Oskar Baker? I wouldn’t trade him for pick 1, A grader. And Toby Bedford would be first picked for any other team in the league, he’s just unlucky Melbourne have the three best small forwards of the last decade keeping him out.
Yeah that thread has really turned into a s**t storm

Funny how ten years ago the threads would be about if the crappy Melbourne sides would get flogged by teams in the 60's. Now oppo supporters have turned to threads about how the AA team would beat us

And now Hawks supporters are celebrating a draw against us as to why there stat padding players and kids are good

Seems 2022 is going to be as weird as 2021

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Yeah that thread has really turned into a sh*t storm

Funny how ten years ago the threads would be about if the crappy Melbourne sides would get flogged by teams in the 60's. Now oppo supporters have turned to threads about how the AA team would beat us

And now Hawks supporters are celebrating a draw against us as to why there stat padding players and kids are good

Seems 2022 is going to be as weird as 2021

I thought long and hard about engaging in some of those Carlton and Hawks fans trolling/delusions, and then realised I’d just be wasting energy I need to devote to The Western set whenever they poke their heads up.

Hawkies will come good, because Hawks... I’m sure Melbourne supporters in 1968 felt the same way. Draw against Melbourne a sign the Hawks have good youth (despite Hawthorn fielding an older team on average, and all the best Hawks performers in that game were their older established players and their youngsters did stuff all).

Carlton will come good because... something something Teague gone something Hewett a steal something Stocker showing signs something Kemp has played two games but is AFL standard. You could substitute Brendon Bolton, Jack Martin, Mitch McGovern, Caleb Marchbank (or any number of ex-Giants “steals”) in and it was the same argument each year.

The other one I’ve noticed is an inexperienced ruck not getting annihilated by Gawn translates into that ruck will be a top end ruck, like Lynch or Reeves. I go and have a look at the stats and Gawn/Jackson combo still comfortably outpointed the other rucks.

I agree, it’s weird being at the polar opposite end of trolling/delusion and takes some adjusting to.

So other than Oliver and Petracca our list is sh*t and we only had more AA's as a token gesture for being the best team all year

Sean Darcy clearly better now than Gawn. Almost like Gawn didn't put together one of the greatest ruck games ever only 2 games ago
I have to give kudos for ‘huge australia a vibes’ that’s pretty funny

So other than Oliver and Petracca our list is sh*t and we only had more AA's as a token gesture for being the best team all year

Sean Darcy clearly better now than Gawn. Almost like Gawn didn't put together one of the greatest ruck games ever only 2 games ago
I have to give kudos for ‘huge australia a vibes’ that’s pretty funny

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
The ‘Melbourne would get flogged by a combined AA team from the rest of the league’ argument is hilarious. I don’t think those peddling it realize just how ridiculous they sound.

A champion team will beat a team of champions.

An all-star team would need many, many months of training to get familiar and comfortable enough with each other so that the all-stars’ clearly superior player by player talent advantage could shine enough to beat the system and discipline of a champion team.

And that’s not even considering trying to manage the immense egos that would not be able to handle being bit players.

“Hey Toby Greene, I know you are used to being ‘the man’, but could you just run hard all day as a high half forward for eight touches and make sure you get a few tackles? Can you put in for a whole pre-season knowing that’s your role, and then stick to just that role when you play? Thanks Tobes.”.

I think you can debate whether Melbourne, after one premiership, is yet at the level of being a champion team.

I would back the Richmond, Hawthorn and Geelong teams of recent times to comfortably take care of a “best of the rest” in a one off exhibition game.

Stumbled across the original post on the MB. Carlton dude has been trying to troll Melbourne all off-season.
Attempting to troll the reigning premiers kinda seems pointless

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne

That's gold level nuff right there.

Jeez we have an ordinary playing list.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Something a bit left field. I went looking for the stupidest post on Bigfooty (I could slightly recall it so was able to manipulate the search terms okay)

It’s from 2016 and occurred about 2AM sometime in the middle of a conversation on the main board about something to do with Melbourne. The next day I woke up to 30 plus notifications and it took me a horrible few minutes working out why

You may turn out to be right, who knows, but at the same stage of his career I think Jones was considerably behind Viney. To be honest, I totally owe Nathan Jones an apology. I thought he was an honest, workaday blockhead with strength but spud skills and if a trade had been proposed for a b grade no name who could kick kind of to someone rather than out on the full or into his own teeth I would have said sure, whatevs. So I may have gone a bit early in my conclusions there.

Stuff it. Stuff bloody football. Melbourne you BASTARDS just give me one year, JUST ONE when I can watch a game without feeling sick with trepidation. Let me cruise around the main board being a w*er and scoffing at posters with no special reasons or supporting information. Sod you, I'll make a deal and if you guys can beat St Kilda a couple of times at Etihad I will temporarily overlook the scorecard at the end of Hawthorn games. Someone kick some goals. KENT - staple the bloody hamstrings in place and show people what only I can see. GAWN you big bearded person, win the hit out or if not just eat the opposition players. AFL stop giving us dumb sh*t fixtures. MALCOLM TURNBULL grow some BALLS and get around to declaring war on NT so we can avoid playing yet more dodgy embarrassing sh*t up there. CARDINAL GEORGE PELL you don't even need this rant, you KNOW exactly what you have done. BIGFOOTY remove all threads involving Hogan because you know, you totally know how I sort of shrug it off but inwardly simmer with rage. OTHER TEAMS just forfeit stuff for a change. PAUL ROOS part your hair the * differently for once. LUKE HODGE, leave off with the drink driving and get plastered before games against the Dees. JACK WATTS do something, either good footy or newsworthy and shocking. CLOUDS I am totally shouting at you. EVERYONE look the other way immediately. DAVID KING choke on your stats and die painfully. JAMES HIRD COME BACK AND HOG THE LIMELIGHT FOR A BIT while Hogan sorts out his run up and contract with MFC though not in any particular order. TOUMP stay exactly where you are and don't move. CURTAINS piss off because next door has funky blinds and you are tragic. TELSTRA stick this bill up your collective arse. COLDPLAY CDs get off the shelf, I never bought you and I don't know how you got in here anyway.

I don't recall the premise of the OP and I am admittedly a bit drunk, but thanks for letting me get this out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have few recollections of how that all happened. I never realised until after the event that I had any issues with Paul Roos’ hair
BoilingThreadbareAardwolf-max-1mb.gif

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne

Very good bait from Channel 7 I must say.

I don’t understand the point of “best young…”.

A forward line with three 28yo Wayne Careys is far better than a forward line with three 20yo Michael Newtons, but the three Juices forward line is the better young forward line simply because the Careys forward line isn’t young.

And naming a forward line where one hasn’t pulled on a boot at AFL level and hardly did at underage level in 2021 just adds to the silliness.

Unless it is all about clicks…

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
The media has a weird hard on for the Dogs.
Perceived as being marketable and the ‘safe’ team to favour without drawing too much ire (the ‘everyone’s second team’ myth). For my part I always feel a bit cringe hearing them belt out Sons of the West. Sons of Xavier College and similar would be more accurate - a bunch of nice, well bred young men who grow a mullet for charity and so forth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back