Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With North loading up on mids it will be interesting to see how they can make them all fit, similar to how we are struggling to work out how we can making all our backs fit

Noble is big on having them play multiple roles. Players like Thomas, LDU and Horne-Francis will rotate across half forward. Stephenson will play a mix of forward, wing, midfield. I think Simpkin and Powell can play midfield and Wing. The one young mid who I see only as a pure mid is Phillips, which contributed to him not having a stand out first year. He just didn’t get the midfield time which should increase this season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I haven’t agreed with pretty much any Hawthorn post over the last few weeks, but Jiath is a talent. I would honestly take him over Day.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Fair enough. Your entitled to your opinion.
I dont see it personally.
Its a pretty ambiguous. We are judging players of vastly of different ages on how they are going to be in the future.
North supporters would add up to 3 north players. Same for Hawks fans.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kent (Brockman) is a ripper of a young gun.
One of the steals of the 2020 National draft (pick #46)

Definitely think he will end up being a top 10 player from that draft (which was a very good one for Hawthorn) if he is not there already.

He has great athletic skills. Can get to his feet as quick as anyone Ive seen. Had a few great games last year. If he gets some consistency he will for sure have a shot at top 10 from his draft.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Powell has shown every bit as much as Day in his first season, yet Day is viewed by Hawk fans as a gun and one of their best. And JHF v Ward?? C’mon mate. JHF already looks like he is on a different level completely.
You missed the point, JHF and Ward are both top picks, both haven't played games. You can't say at this stage one deserves to be close to a list and not the other (i agree neither should be atm)

Powell should a fair bit, he was pretty decent/good. But Day's a special type of talent and it isn't close, whether first or 2nd season. You could see it in that GWS game and even the Dons game R1.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You missed the point, JHF and Ward are both top picks, both haven't played games. You can't say at this stage one deserves to be close to a list and not the other (i agree neither should be atm)

Powell should a fair bit, he was pretty decent/good. But Day's a special type of talent and it isn't close, whether first or 2nd season. You could see it in that GWS game and even the Dons game R1.

Haha, oh god.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Haha, oh god.
Powell could be a very good ball winner and he's creative. Also if he can build a big body (which he could, looks pretty good already) he could develop a very good inside game with clearance/contested mix to go with running well on the outside. But someone like Day don't grow on trees. He's 189/190cm, he moves super well, quick and side step is awesome, really good time and space which reminds me of Pendlebury, just the time he has with ball in hand and the fact he's dual footed is just a cherry on top, he's also able to read the play super well and marking is very good.

He's someone who is more unlikely to find than someone like Powell who their are many of. It's not saying Powell is bad, but he's just not Day.

Kangas_11

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Colts, Raptors, Milan, FU Crabs
Powell could be a very good ball winner and he's creative. Also if he can build a big body (which he could, looks pretty good already) he could develop a very good inside game with clearance/contested mix to go with running well on the outside. But someone like Day don't grow on trees. He's 189/190cm, he moves super well, quick and side step is awesome, really good time and space which reminds me of Pendlebury, just the time he has with ball in hand and the fact he's dual footed is just a cherry on top, he's also able to read the play super well and marking is very good.

He's someone who is more unlikely to find than someone like Powell who their are many of. It's not saying Powell is bad, but he's just not Day.

Dude, your level of hyperbole is unmatched. Just have a skim over the rookie year stats between Powell and Day before trying to make these kind of calls.

Screenshot_20220116-034934_Chrome.jpg

You obviously watch a bunch of Day, but if you're under the impression Powell is some kind of basic inside mid, you haven't been paying attention.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dude, your level of hyperbole is unmatched. Just have a skim over the rookie year stats between Powell and Day before trying to make these kind of calls.

View attachment 1311822

You obviously watch a bunch of Day, but if you're under the impression Powell is some kind of basic inside mid, you haven't been paying attention.
Bit hard to compare an inside mid to someone playing half back.

But if you actually watched both play, you'd understand.

And no Powell isn't a basic inside mid, he could be that elite level inside mid (if development goes on track) to be a creative inside mid which is better than someone who is just a bull or just outside or okay at both.

But.. Day is genuinely a rare breed of talent, he has really no big weakness and all his development will come through his body. His footballing ability is unreal.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

View attachment 1311822

2020 were shortened quarters

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Well, Powell reminds me of Simon Black and there certainly haven’t been too many of them.

Kangas_11

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Colts, Raptors, Milan, FU Crabs
Bit hard to compare an inside mid to someone playing half back.

But if you actually watched both play, you'd understand.

And no Powell isn't a basic inside mid, he could be that elite level inside mid (if development goes on track) to be a creative inside mid which is better than someone who is just a bull or just outside or okay at both.

But.. Day is genuinely a rare breed of talent, he has really no big weakness and all his development will come through his body. His footballing ability is unreal.
Meh, this'll just be worth revisiting in a few years. I've watched both play and I think you're selling Powell well short.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Meh, this'll just be worth revisiting in a few years. I've watched both play and I think you're selling Powell well short.
I might be, i don't see him training and how hard he's gonna work for it aswell as the body he wants and role he wants to play.

Day is just a talent and half and i think everyone can see that, he's just special i don't know if there's been many similar.

Last edited:

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood

View attachment 1311822

But I think you missed a very important point here. Powell is not a Hawthorn player. Therefore, he couldn't possibly be a 'special talent' unless he wears brown and gold.

Last edited:

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I might be, i don't see him training and how hard he's gonna work for it aswell as the body he wants and role he wants to play.

Day is just a talent and half and i think everyone can see that, he's just special i don't know if there's been many similar.
This is just getting embarrassing.
Maybe keep your crushes to yourself.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
But I think you missed a very important point here. Powell is not a Hawthorn player. Therefore, he couldn't possibly be a 'special talent' unless he wears brown and gold.
Take a look at this video and get back to me when Powell does this.

Frank Thring

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Take a look at this video and get back to me when Powell does this.

You at least could've shown highlights of Day hitting some targets by foot. Also at 190cm I only saw one contested mark and that was against Daniels who is about 25 cm shorter.

Either you're undetselling him with this highlight package or you do have a man crush on him as VinnieB suggested.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You at least could've shown highlights of Day hitting some targets by foot. Also at 190cm I only saw one contested mark and that was against Daniels who is about 25 cm shorter.

Either you're undetselling him with this highlight package or you do have a man crush on him as VinnieB suggested.
The first clip is him hitting a target on his left foot HAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back