Grand Slam Aus Open - Day 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Zverev looked rusty today but should improve with more matches - Can you imagine Rothenburg's meltdown on twitter if Zverev wins the AO.

Have a questions about the crowds ? They looked to be down even taking into account the 50% crowd cap - I've attended the first week on a few occasions where I focus on the outside courts and it's Jam packed with people - You need the overseas visitors back who add to the vibe of the event.
Day 1 had about 38% attendance compared to 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barty in the women's for me.
Medvedev probably the men's and I think Sinner will go pretty deep.

Just can’t see Barty winning with this draw. Think it will be a roughie

Just can’t see Barty winning with this draw. Think it will be a roughie

Yeah, tough draw but I think if she can get past Osaka then she is good enough.

I saw Swiatek thrown in as a possible winner but after watching Barty make a mess of her last week I am thinking that form is just better than the rest of the chances.

Yeah, tough draw but I think if she can get past Osaka then she is good enough.

I saw Swiatek thrown in as a possible winner but after watching Barty make a mess of her last week I am thinking that form is just better than the rest of the chances.

Think the winner comes from the other half. These courts don’t suit Ash

Surprise Surprise, the man who hates Aussies, is saying Barty has no chance. Wouldnt expect anything different

Don’t mind Barty actually just don’t think she can win with the draw

Some of these players look super pissed off. They will take their frustrations out on any Aussie that gets in their way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel for Kokkinakis. Wins ATP trophy, gets challenger first round and the possibly Nadal in the second. Would’ve mind a softer draw. If his form holds up, then he has every chance to knock Nadal off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back