List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't do surgery on a stress fracture do you???? I thought he was just to ease off, run on the Alter G and then get back into proper running, all over 5-7 weeks or something like that??

Could have sworn I read he had some surgery in December, however looking back can't find that so I am most likely wrong.

Still - a 5-7 week injury layoff is never good for a preseason.

You don't do surgery on a stress fracture do you???? I thought he was just to ease off, run on the Alter G and then get back into proper running, all over 5-7 weeks or something like that??
Moon boot for a period of time or crutches if particularly serious (non weight bearing).

I had a painful "hot" spot on one of my metatarsals which my Doc said could be a small fracture not picked up by X ray and went the moon boot route for 6 weeks. Rest is usually the start point, surgery a last resort according to my Doc.

To help pass the off season quietness I thought I'd do a review of the list and where last season fit in terms of our players careers
In gurnsey number order
Jones - career best year I'd say
Keays - career best
McAsey - hasn't had many years in his career and last year was worse than the previous.
Murphy - well down from his best
Crouch - career worst year prolly
Hately - not a great year, went much better at GWS and that wasn't great. Lets hope it was injury that was hampering him.
TT - career best! not hard for him to do but it was still a good year for a young key forward no matter how you cook it
Rachele - I predict this forthcoming year will be his career best lol
Sloane - way down from career best
Pedlar - career best by default. Didn't get a great run at it really. Start was hindered by injury, end was hindered by injury, did ok in the middle all things considered
Seedsman - career best
Dawson - career best
Walker - well down on best of all time but best year for some time.
Soligo na
Cook - career best
Brown - well down the list for his career.
Hamill - career best
taylor - N/A
Hinge - career best? Did he get a AFL game prior to us? If not, then it has to be career best.
Berry - career best but not too difficult for him to do that. Did a pretty good job considering lack of footy in year prior.
Frampton - career best
Macadam - second best, prev year was better. Was good in small patches though.
Worrell - career best
McHenry - career best
Schoenberg - career best
Nankervis - NA
Murray - career best
Laird - 4th or 5th best at a guess.
Milera - career worst or second worst
Rowe - career best
Fogarty - career best I'd say
Smith - well down from best but still ok.
Himmelberg -second best year??
Borlase na
Macpherson - career best or second best
Parnell na
Sholl - I'd say best, beat the previous year IMO
Doedee - nothing wrong but he would've had some better years when we were up higher on the ladder and when he never had to play KPP
Davis - career best
Butts- career best
Newchurch na
ROB - best or second best, line ball for me.
Gollant -career best
Strachan - career best

Anyway, you can see why there'd be a bit of positivity down at the club. A lot of players would've been buoyed by their career performance and be keen to go again I'd say, admittedly a lot of it is simply because we are now so young and inexperienced that just getting a game qualifies them for career best year. That said, I don't think a single one of our

To help pass the off season quietness I thought I'd do a review of the list and where last season fit in terms of our players careers
In gurnsey number order
Jones - career best year I'd say
Keays - career best
McAsey - hasn't had many years in his career and last year was worse than the previous.
Murphy - well down from his best
Crouch - career worst year prolly
Hately - not a great year, went much better at GWS and that wasn't great. Lets hope it was injury that was hampering him.
TT - career best! not hard for him to do but it was still a good year for a young key forward no matter how you cook it
Rachele - I predict this forthcoming year will be his career best lol
Sloane - way down from career best
Pedlar - career best by default. Didn't get a great run at it really. Start was hindered by injury, end was hindered by injury, did ok in the middle all things considered
Seedsman - career best
Dawson - career best
Walker - well down on best of all time but best year for some time.
Soligo na
Cook - career best
Brown - well down the list for his career.
Hamill - career best
taylor - N/A
Hinge - career best? Did he get a AFL game prior to us? If not, then it has to be career best.
Berry - career best but not too difficult for him to do that. Did a pretty good job considering lack of footy in year prior.
Frampton - career best
Macadam - second best, prev year was better. Was good in small patches though.
Worrell - career best
McHenry - career best
Schoenberg - career best
Nankervis - NA
Murray - career best
Laird - 4th or 5th best at a guess.
Milera - career worst or second worst
Rowe - career best
Fogarty - career best I'd say
Smith - well down from best but still ok.
Himmelberg -second best year??
Borlase na
Macpherson - career best or second best
Parnell na
Sholl - I'd say best, beat the previous year IMO
Doedee - nothing wrong but he would've had some better years when we were up higher on the ladder and when he never had to play KPP
Davis - career best
Butts- career best
Newchurch na
ROB - best or second best, line ball for me.
Gollant -career best
Strachan - career best

Anyway, you can see why there'd be a bit of positivity down at the club. A lot of players would've been buoyed by their career performance and be keen to go again I'd say, admittedly a lot of it is simply because we are now so young and inexperienced that just getting a game qualifies them for career best year. That said, I don't think a single one of our
How many games exactly did Wayne Milera play?

How many AFL games did Matt Crouch play? 1 SANFL game where he had 28 disposals including 8 clearances after getting scragged by Robbie Young and Andrew Moore all day in a side that got steamrolled by the Roosters?

How many AFL games did Matt Crouch play? 1 SANFL game where he had 28 disposals including 8 clearances after getting scragged by Robbie Young and Andrew Moore all day in a side that got steamrolled by the Roosters?

he's a prolific ball winner, this is beyond doubt. Hope we see some speed around him this year. If it's just the fab 4 I'll be gutted. Although Keays has enough toe to break lines, I just wish he'd relax before kicking.

Relax, I'm not attacking your favourites.

If they didn't play any senior games its hard to argue its not one of their worst seasons. Yes, I know there reasons. Injuries.

Good thing is, there's almost no chance they'll be on career worst seasons again this year which will help upgrade our team performances.

Relax, I'm not attacking your favourites.

If they didn't play any senior games its hard to argue its not one of their worst seasons. Yes, I know there reasons. Injuries.

Good thing is, there's almost no chance they'll be on career worst seasons again this year which will help upgrade our team performances.
LOL

Favourites or no favourites to assess them as having worse seasons is a dead set joke, in fact it's dead set clueless.

Crouch plays one fewer SANFL games and Tex wins the Coleman :(

I would really love a dynamic power mid/fwd for the crows. Roughly around the 190cm mark that have the power to turn a game.

Every team seems to have one. Just quick list of the top of my head.

Martin - Richmond.
Bontempelli - Dogs.
Petracca - Melbourne.
Stringer - Essendon.
Fyfe - Fremantle.
Dangerfeild - Geelong.
Heeney - Sydeny.
Degoey - Collingwood.
Horne-Francis / Thomas - North Melbourne.
Rozee - Port Adelaide.
Brisbane - Rayner.

Could say Toby Green for GWS
Hawthorne -
Saints -

Think we have potential pedlar 184cm or rachelle 180cm that can develop into a role like that but I'm really interested to see how Elijah Holland's goes this year at GC. Out of contract end of the year. Played alright in his vfl games and scratch matches this year. I imagine he will resign to replay the faith in him. It would be on my wish-list to get him at the end of the year.

Everyone is talking about Rankin and Luko coming home. I think they may be a chance to steal Holland's if he hasn't signed and gc are force to pay overs to keep, king, luko and rankine.

Who's on your wish list that comes out of contract the end of year?

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Rankin is an interesting one, gut feel tells me he might be one of those players that likes to get it done just off class alone without a great work ethic.
I know he's in an ordinary team and his stats might indicate otherwise, if he comes back to S.A then I for one hope Port don't touch him unless to drive his price up for the Crows to take 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would really love a dynamic power mid/fwd for the crows. Roughly around the 190cm mark that have the power to turn a game.

Every team seems to have one. Just quick list of the top of my head.

Martin - Richmond.
Bontempelli - Dogs.
Petracca - Melbourne.
Stringer - Essendon.
Fyfe - Fremantle.
Dangerfeild - Geelong.
Heeney - Sydeny.
Degoey - Collingwood.
Horne-Francis / Thomas - North Melbourne.
Rozee - Port Adelaide.
Brisbane - Rayner.

Could say Toby Green for GWS
Hawthorne -
Saints -

Think we have potential pedlar 184cm or rachelle 180cm that can develop into a role like that but I'm really interested to see how Elijah Holland's goes this year at GC. Out of contract end of the year. Played alright in his vfl games and scratch matches this year. I imagine he will resign to replay the faith in him. It would be on my wish-list to get him at the end of the year.

Everyone is talking about Rankin and Luko coming home. I think they may be a chance to steal Holland's if he hasn't signed and gc are force to pay overs to keep, king, luko and rankine.

Who's on your wish list that comes out of contract the end of year?

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope we are asking the question of Rozee, worst case it pushes up his price at Port.

Would rather Rozee than Luko or Rankine
I don't think there's any doubt that Rankine is the most talented of the three but I'm taking Rozee over the other two on what they've done so far in their careers. Funny thing is at draft time I'd have gone Lukosius, Rozee, Rankine in that order because I saw some traits in Rankine I did not like and unfortunately their still there and I'm not sure their easily fixed.

I hope we are asking the question of Rozee, worst case it pushes up his price at Port.

Imagine the scenes if we got Rozee to sign for us. Highly unlikely as I imagine most people at Port would give anything to retain him but it's a juicy thought.
Its important we keep the bastards honest, cant allow Port to sign him up for around $500k and manage their salary cap. Need to ensure they play overs, because in the next 2-3 years, there is going to be a few SA kids we might be able to get from other Clubs and its important strategically we keep Port out of their reach.

Plus, I wouldn't mind offering him a decent wage to see if he wants to come across to us. We can play the 'better off field opportunities with us' card the Vic clubs play.

We will surpass Port in the next two years too when they endure their rebuild.

Those who know Ports list well, should be able to rattle off how many players that are in R1 in 2022, that wont be there in R1, 2024.

Back