Training Training thread

Remove this Banner Ad

the NFL have a rule now that once you've tested positive for covid you dont need to test for 6 months. Wonder if the AFL will follow that lead.

If so, give everyone covid now.

The NFL also don’t rely on Government funding (unlike the AFL) so do whatever the hell they want to do.

the NFL have a rule now that once you've tested positive for covid you dont need to test for 6 months. Wonder if the AFL will follow that lead.

If so, give everyone covid now.
It might seem irresponsible (it almost certainly is) but I'm beginning to kind of hope that I get it and get it done soon. Half my team have it so our work achievements are pretty negligible, plus January is a slow month anyway with so many on holiday.

I'm waiting 'til its a week or two from when my partner got his booster (which was Monday) and then I'm contemplating our taking our triple-shots around a few pubs just to see what happens.

Disclaimer: please, please do not regard this post as medical advice, or even good advice

The NFL also don’t rely on Government funding (unlike the AFL) so do whatever the hell they want to do.

It would be in the best interests for the government tho to allow it. Rather than turning the season into a farce, not to mention fit people /sport stars aren't affected by it whatsoever. Havent heard of a single NFL player having any issues once getting it. And im pretty sure over 75% of league has had it by now.

It might seem irresponsible (it almost certainly is) but I'm beginning to kind of hope that I get it and get it done soon. Half my team have it so our work achievements are pretty negligible, plus January is a slow month anyway with so many on holiday.

I'm waiting 'til its a week or two from when my partner got his booster (which was Monday) and then I'm contemplating our taking our triple-shots around a few pubs just to see what happens.

Disclaimer: please, please do not regard this post as medical advice, or even good advice

Yep, everyone is going to get it from someone at some stage, its inevitable. Sick of having to live a life in fear when it suits the federal government, now that big business are feeling the impact its not such a big deal all of sudden. Pick a side and stick with it you w***ers.

If that’s true there’s a fair chance Goodwin already had it but was asymptomatic. Hard to believe the birthday boy wouldn’t catch it if it was going around at the party given everyone would be interacting with him.
I choose to believe he’s simply built differently

Some studies suggest that the immunity window for Omicron only lasts about 30 days so I wouldn’t be too excited about catching it early.

JVR speaks like a future captain, future 3x premiership captain to clarify. Adding him to my list of "intellectuals" with ANB and Tomo. I like him already.

JVR speaks like a future captain, future 3x premiership captain to clarify. Adding him to my list of "intellectuals" with ANB and Tomo. I like him already.

I get excited about all the the new guys but definitely agree with you regarding JVR. He seems to have a nice combination of confidence and poise.

He does speak well for a draftee.
I like that they were all pretty honest/aware of things to work on and are working on that already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there's supposed to be training photos from today on the website but when I click on the link, there's no photos. anyone else having this problem?
Try again now, Dan. I can see the images fine.

Red training tops today, people running in GPS bra tops with muscles, May and Petty hug, Ben Brown’s armpits, kicking, catching balls etc

time to melt down about it i reckon

just let me take over and I'll give the people what they want. I would've liked to have seen more pics of our draftees. I mean not 1 photo of our 1st round pick in over 30 photos. But sure let's see another photo of Ben Brown.

Back in the day there would be about 10 pics per draftee per training session. This is what people want to see.

It's those players around the fringe that missed out on the GF that will drive another flag or two. Tomlinson, Hunt, Smith, Bedford, Weid, Dunstan, Melksham, Chandler. Howes/Rosman and Van Rooyen should be pressing as well for games later in the season too. I certainly don't think any of these guys are locks for best 22, but they are no duds either and improvement and form from this group is where we can improve on last year.

Howes must've stopped by the Luke Jackson media training centre on his way to the David Neitz academy (apparently a thing for new draftees?) Anyway, he seems keen and a likeable kind of lad.

Match sim vision from today. Pretty brief but a couple of highlights - J Roo's mark at 2:15 (mostly for the '*EN OATH ROO' afterwards), Kozzy's tackle at 1:35. Looked like most of the 1's mids and forwards in dark blue, most of the 1's defenders in red (Fritta, Jacko exceptions to this)

Match sim vision from today. Pretty brief but a couple of highlights - J Roo's mark at 2:15 (mostly for the 'fu**EN OATH ROO' afterwards), Kozzy's tackle at 1:35. Looked like most of the 1's mids and forwards in dark blue, most of the 1's defenders in red (Fritta, Jacko exceptions to this)
You can overhear Richo throwing out some game plan ideas too. I’d be curious to know how much coaching he gets involved in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back