Tiger tests positive to covid 19 - Post any tiger that tests positive to covid so we keep track

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noah Balta & Dion Prestia
20th November 2020

They should all get it, then just play the season :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Have a covid party ....

Pretty sure you’re only “immune” for 28 days after being cleared from having it. Not sure why a few on here keep mentioning they’d like to see our entire playing list get covid 🤔

Pretty sure you’re only “immune” for 28 days after being cleared from having it. Not sure why a few on here keep mentioning they’d like to see our entire playing list get covid 🤔
That's not totally accurate. For approximately 28 days after a positive test you can ignore any other positive tests you might receive I think that's what your referencing there. You're not actually immune and then the immunity after 28 days is gone

It is possible to get infected twice but is pretty uncommon

That's not totally accurate. For approximately 28 days after a positive test you can ignore any other positive tests you might receive I think that's what your referencing there. You're not actually immune and then the immunity after 28 days is gone

It is possible to get infected twice but is pretty uncommon
There is the variant factor to consider. Like influenza A & B, I think you are more likely to catch a different variant. This is playing out in the States now with many who were infected with Delta now getting Omicron. Having said that, a lot of those campaigners are unvaccinated.
But who knows when the next Greek alphabet is going to be unleashed, so getting Omicron now might not be much of a protective method in 3 months.
But even if there is no new variant this year, or at least for a while, players are going to get it. Nothing surer unfortunately.

There is the variant factor to consider. Like influenza A & B, I think you are more likely to catch a different variant. This is playing out in the States now with many who were infected with Delta now getting Omicron. Having said that, a lot of those campaigners are unvaccinated.
But who knows when the next Greek alphabet is going to be unleashed, so getting Omicron now might not be much of a protective method in 3 months.
But even if there is no new variant this year, or at least for a while, players are going to get it. Nothing surer unfortunately.
Yeah, that's totally true. The next variant could blow through and reinfect everyone but it doesn't exist yet so we can still hope for the best

I think when it comes to variants they have been saying getting Omicron is pretty good fro preventing catching Delta while catching Delta is a less effective protection from Omicron. You do still get protection though and again reinfection does seem pretty low so far

The 28 days is a NSW thing where if you come in close contact with someone who is positive within 28 days of you last testing positive, then you don't have to re-isolate and go through the testing regime again (as you are considered to be 'immune' during that 28 day period). If however, you come in close contact with a positive person 29 days after you last tested positive, guess what?..you then have to re-isolate for at least 7 days and go through all the tests again. This is different to 'rules' in other parts of the country.

Problem for the AFL is that all the states and territories have these different rules, W.A. still have a mandatory 14 day iso for close contacts, even if that player tests PCR negative 7 or 10 or 12 days after contact..they still have to isolate for the 14 days. That can potentially be 3 games missed.

i believe for the AFLW season you need at least 5 players out with covid (from a primary list of 30 players) before they will consider cancelling the game.

So, even if every player on the lists gets covid in the preseason, if they test positive again during the season (usually to a different variant), they will still have to isolate, according to the current rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read recent research into Long Covid - sounds potentially disastrous.

No way I want any person to get it.

I reckon that’s bs , my daughter got it when I did nov 6 , she was out with friends nye travelling ubers what have you , all her fronds then tested PCR positive , guess what ,,,she didn’t , tested x 3 negative rats . Now I’m no epidemiologist however it suggests to me she had immunity

I reckon that’s bs , my daughter got it when I did nov 6 , she was out with friends nye travelling ubers what have you , all her fronds then tested PCR positive , guess what ,,,she didn’t , tested x 3 negative rats . Now I’m no epidemiologist however it suggests to me she had immunity
Unless she never went out with her friends....................:think:

The 28 days is a NSW thing where if you come in close contact with someone who is positive within 28 days of you last testing positive, then you don't have to re-isolate and go through the testing regime again (as you are considered to be 'immune' during that 28 day period). If however, you come in close contact with a positive person 29 days after you last tested positive, guess what?..you then have to re-isolate for at least 7 days and go through all the tests again. This is different to 'rules' in other parts of the country.

Problem for the AFL is that all the states and territories have these different rules, W.A. still have a mandatory 14 day iso for close contacts, even if that player tests PCR negative 7 or 10 or 12 days after contact..they still have to isolate for the 14 days. That can potentially be 3 games missed.

i believe for the AFLW season you need at least 5 players out with covid (from a primary list of 30 players) before they will consider cancelling the game.

So, even if every player on the lists gets covid in the preseason, if they test positive again during the season (usually to a different variant), they will still have to isolate, according to the current rules.

That says it all though. It’s the same virus but everyone has different rules.

To believe that our entire list getting Covid before the season begins, will benefit us during the season is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back