How Long have you held a Consecutive Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Slightly off the topic I paid my membership early December and thought I would have got it plus the pack by now. Does anyone know if they have been sent out.

This was a very interesting exersize.

My first seasons ticket I have is 1975. Of course I was born into the cult and had been to games before then, so I assume this year (being the year I turned 10) was when dad was forced to pay entry for me (maybe the age was lower and I might have got away with a few years of not paying even though I should have).

I then have seasons tickets on and off. 75, 76 then 79, then 81,82,83 then 85,86.

I was overseas in 87 and my membership dropped off then until after we nearly folded.

So my longest continual membership is 31 years! 1990 until now - 2021.

View attachment 1259625

Would be cool if they did a new one of these booklets as a throwback

Slightly off the topic I paid my membership early December and thought I would have got it plus the pack by now. Does anyone know if they have been sent out.

Wondering the same thing,I have seen a few 2021 bumper stickers around so, some have been sent out.

Had a junior membership in 1961 (Dad had full m/ship).
We didn't renew for '62. He lost interest quickly - no idea why...:(

Family membership since 1997, after my 9 year old son declared his interest in Freo (great colours, Dad!).

Took him to WO, bought the m/ship. bought him a jumper, out to Dimattina's in Lygon St for lunch where Dimma made a big fuss of him.
We left with young GDB declaring his love for the Dogs and demanding to have #28 on his back!

...2016 was the year I stopped feeling slightly sheepish about having forced him into a (footballing) life of frustration :D

Last edited:
You wouldn't have been the only parent feeling that way. :cool:

I can relate, I have three sons the eldest is Essendon, the middle one doesn’t care about footy and the youngest is as passionate as me. There have been tears over the journey including comments of “I wish you hadn’t made me barrack for this crap team.”

2015, he got the biggest red white and blue flag made up he could hardly move it, and joined in the procession from Fed square that year only to be disappointed although it was a thrilling game.

2016 we were back again at Fed Square surrounded by cocky Hawthorn supporters. On an incredible journey in 2016, which wiped away so much of the disappointments of previous years. It has helped us deal with the disappointment of this year.

I would add, who would want to be a Collingwood supporter they go through this disappointment every decade.

Renewed my membership yesterday for the 61st time and was given free Melbourne away games for loyalty during Covid. I am confident 2022 will be a Bulldog premiership year after missing out in 2021. Our motto should be "unfinished business".

Hey OD is this applicable to everyone that kept paying their memberships?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks, ours are on the auto-renew cycle, but I'll have a chat to them as I haven't been contacted by the club at all about this.
I'm same as you with the auto renew and had the away games as a bonus upgrade on my 2 9 game memberships last season this season my 2 9 game are as normal but my 2 3 game memberships have become 6 game ones.

I'm same as you with the auto renew and had the away games as a bonus upgrade on my 2 9 game memberships last season this season my 2 9 game are as normal but my 2 3 game memberships have become 6 game ones.

Interesting, thanks. I didn't get a bonus upgrade at all last season for away games.

I’m not a fan of the black. They just need to keep it simple. The darkest they should go is navy blue.

Also do we have a proper membership thread set up for 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back