Grand Slam Aus Open - Day 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Zverev looked rusty today but should improve with more matches - Can you imagine Rothenburg's meltdown on twitter if Zverev wins the AO.

Have a questions about the crowds ? They looked to be down even taking into account the 50% crowd cap - I've attended the first week on a few occasions where I focus on the outside courts and it's Jam packed with people - You need the overseas visitors back who add to the vibe of the event.
Day 1 had about 38% attendance compared to 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ajla's game is a bit like Dokic's game from a decade back.

PLAN A - hit the ball as hard as you possibly can
PLAN B - hit it even harder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus

I'm guessing for players like Karatsev who a hard hitters will struggle against Munar
Pretty much Munar his 28 winners for the match. Was the ultimate defence vs hitter. Aslan very lucky to get out of it. Was very impatient

Sorry to keep pestering but if anyone has the full game for Rune vs Kwon
it would be much appreciated

It was a enthralling 5setter and I would love to see it back again

Zverev looked rusty today but should improve with more matches - Can you imagine Rothenburg's meltdown on twitter if Zverev wins the AO.

Have a questions about the crowds ? They looked to be down even taking into account the 50% crowd cap - I've attended the first week on a few occasions where I focus on the outside courts and it's Jam packed with people - You need the overseas visitors back who add to the vibe of the event.

History shows that players who back up after winning a tournament, often lose first round of the next tournament - The bigger picture with Kokkinakis. Is it better to have two weeks of good results in lead up tournaments, including winning a tournament or win a round or two in the Australian Open ? I would choose the former - The few today that criticised Kokk's performance have a limited understanding of tennis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back