The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

60 New Cases today in my Postcode.

Just hope I can get to Saturday morning when I get the Booster without getting Covid
You'll make it Dave. Stay home and keep your distance from anyone in your family who goes out. Your house and yard look big enough to provide plenty of space to distance yourself.

Cases are already so high that we can't stop it. People will do what people do, just NO..MORE...f*n...LOCKDOWNS. Let it become endemic and we all move on.

With how many could be in Isolation at 1 Time that be pretty much the Same

You'll make it Dave. Stay home and keep your distance from anyone in your family who goes out. Your house and yard look big enough to provide plenty of space to distance yourself.

Very True but I have a Dentist Appointment Tommorow Afternoon

A dentist is among the most likely to catch the virus so they are generally very particular about checking that their patients are showing no sign of illness.

Okay Mate

Me being Classified as Obese I still need to be Careful of Getting Covid as read Bigger People are at more Risk of Getting Covid and even dying from Covid.

Blood Pressure also good

I have lost 5kg in last 2 Months and my Blood Test came back good a few weeks ago with no Sign on Diabetes and Lower Inflammation in my Body.

I also eat quite Healthy as mostly have 1 serve of Mashed Veggies a Day or 2 at longest.

Plus got Booster also Helps

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Reading People on Twitter then new thing they say IF you Overweight Covid will Defintally Kill You.

God People massively Overreact
Dave you need to understand that places like Twitter, Facebook, BigFooty.. are full of people who want to be first to say “I told you so”. Even when things don’t pan out the way they think it will.
You seem to already understand this, which is good.
As far as obesity goes, sounds like you are doing everything you can to mitigate your situation. Keep talking to your GP and take their advice. Because they know better than people on the internet.
Stay safe mate.

Dave you need to understand that places like Twitter, Facebook, BigFooty.. are full of people who want to be first to say “I told you so”. Even when things don’t pan out the way they think it will.
You seem to already understand this, which is good.
As far as obesity goes, sounds like you are doing everything you can to mitigate your situation. Keep talking to your GP and take their advice. Because they know better than people on the internet.
Stay safe mate.

Thanks Black_White I keep trying the best I can to get my Weight Down.

Agree Experts are better then People on Social Media

I am staying Safe as I can be

So is Pfizer a Useless Vaccine?

Dave, please don't post the same thing in both threads and try and check the background of the person the tweets are from.

TradeDraft here is an article that clarifies what was actually said in the interview, comes different what was implied in the tweet.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of people are self isolating, whether voluntarily or not. I went through the Sunday markets and the local shopping centre on the weekend and crowds were significantly down on what used to be normal.

Interestingly, lots of people at the markets wearing masks despite no requirement to outdoors.

Seems like a lot of people are self isolating, whether voluntarily or not. I went through the Sunday markets and the local shopping centre on the weekend and crowds were significantly down on what used to be normal.

Interestingly, lots of people at the markets wearing masks despite no requirement to outdoors.

I notice that too when going out there not as many People where Around and Roads being Quiet for Summer time

I said at the start of Omicron, when people were stressing about lockdowns, that this would be a voluntary lockdown.
And so it is coming to pass.
Retail reporting of the final two weeks of December, usually a big spending time, and the start of 2022 show that people are staying at home.
Talked to a rep today, who also does the Adelaide circuit, and he will not do his rounds this month because he refuses to fly there. Doesn’t want to sit next to someone who may be unvaccinated. Can’t blame him.

If people choose to stay home, I have no problem with that, by all means exercise whatever cautions they fell necessary for themselves.

The rest of us are also free to choose to go out and about as close to old normal as we're getting for the time being.

Works for me. I was up in Toc for a few days last week and chose to eat out rather than stay home, to support the local businesses. Very quiet for this time of year.

I was in Lorne over the weekend and it was pretty quiet for what is usually a very busy time of the year.

The pub was only moderately busy on Saturday afternoon with most people outside. Went to the Indian restaurant for dinner that night and it wasn’t even full, which is unusual as it’s usually packed for multiple sittings.

Went down in the lift from my floor with 4 unmasked young people already congregated inside. As I stepped in I almost stepped out again, but had the NDIS beagle with me who was immediately swallowed up by the group patting and praising his sweetness and desirability. If I am going to catch the virus it will be in a lift with one of these maskless creations breathing covid fumes over me. If only the dog were more discerning in the manner in which he dispenses his love to all he meets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back