Covid-19 Antivaxxers, extremism and the Coalition

Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
it most probably does, but i would hardly call it a vaccine if your getting 100,000 cases a day, you've been sold a lemon
95% of the population vaccinated yet 70% of deaths are unvaccinated.
A lemon?
IMG_20220117_121133.jpg

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
A vaccine is also supposed to protect the unvaccinated so long as they are in a minority

By all means get vaccinated, but having more and more of the same vaccine which is losing potency seems more like signalling than anything also good business for the manufcturwrs

A vaccine is also supposed to protect the unvaccinated so long as they are in a minority

By all means get vaccinated, but having more and more of the same vaccine which is losing potency seems more like signalling than anything also good business for the manufcturwrs
are you joining the antivax crew their pesso?

because you're talking like you are

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
are you joining the antivax crew their pesso?

because you're talking like you are

Vaccine shy. Being low risk lifestyle (although gettin on a bit) I’m looking for another reason to boost.

It would be one of
  1. Omicron resistant version available
  2. Required by employment
  3. Suddenly deciding not to be a lazy bugger

I don’t think we can deny claims omicron has been spread largely by vaccinated people.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Had a laugh that Novaxx returned not to Marbella where trains or Monte Carlo where he lives but to Belgrade where presumably his ego will be appropriately counselled.

I'm sure he spends at least a couple of weeks each year in Monaco, to ensure he doesn't need to pay tax.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Like you ignore thr fact that he's antivax and a complete douche?

So should any non residents here now be rounded up and deported, or do they also need to fit someone’s estimation of a ‘douche’

So if we are codifying this for legal purposes, can you qualify complete douche over just douche

Novak is gone, but our unaccountable beurocracy remains, perhaps even emboldened. I don’t see that as a win

So should any non residents here now be rounded up and deported, or do they also need to fit someone’s estimation of a ‘douche’

So if we are codifying this for legal purposes, can you qualify complete douche over just douche

Novak is gone, but our unaccountable beurocracy remains, perhaps even emboldened. I don’t see that as a win

Anyone who could be perceived to be opposed to the current government position, whether they have been outspoken about that or not, if the public believe someone is of the opinion counter to that of the government they can have their visa cancelled on being a douche grounds.

If you have been issued your legal documents by agents of that government allowing you to enter the nation but fail the above test, visa cancelled on douche grounds.

It's simple. It's what executive power is for.

If there is a similar power in Serbia to cancel visas and deport people for a perceived risk that their presence might incite public unrest then they have a case to round up all the Australians there right now, put them on a plane and send them back - just in case the locals hear the accent and a mob forms that might endanger themselves but more specifically members of the mob.

Journalists should expect similar treatment if they are coming here to challenge government narratives.

---

People who come here with the intent to incite violence or a history of actively doing that should be able to be denied access to the country, but I'm sure that would be easy enough to run through the court instead of as executive power.

All Vic hospitals going to code brown from midnight tonight. Anti vaxxers need to take a good look at themselves. The majority of hospital and ICU admissions are these selfish pricks.

Just one of the hospitals in WA has had over 100 code yellows, which are internal issues, in the last 12 months. No covid.
Code brown is an external emergency.

The hospitals control group are also under such intense pressure, no covid. Maybe the issue is something else?

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Anyone who could be perceived to be opposed to the current government position, whether they have been outspoken about that or not, if the public believe someone is of the opinion counter to that of the government they can have their visa cancelled on being a douche grounds.

If you have been issued your legal documents by agents of that government allowing you to enter the nation but fail the above test, visa cancelled on douche grounds.

It's simple. It's what executive power is for.

If there is a similar power in Serbia to cancel visas and deport people for a perceived risk that their presence might incite public unrest then they have a case to round up all the Australians there right now, put them on a plane and send them back - just in case the locals hear the accent and a mob forms that might endanger themselves but more specifically members of the mob.

Journalists should expect similar treatment if they are coming here to challenge government narratives.

---

People who come here with the intent to incite violence or a history of actively doing that should be able to be denied access to the country, but I'm sure that would be easy enough to run through the court instead of as executive power.

You see, you think all that applies to Novak, your opinion. My opinion is it’s a very tenuous link in Novaks case.

So we have the problem of the rule of law and whether law is practical. So opinion is out of it.

And if it’s a public opinion test (which is clearly not practical) public opinion on Novaks ‘douche ness’ would be very different before and after the episode with all the media character assasination happening. He was logically the same before and after the episode.

It’s not that long ago morrison himself had weasel words on the subject of anti vax protesters. Ai guess we now know that from their polling (which is what they go on obviously) that come the choice, ‘strong borders’ is better for their sorry asses than ‘govt out of our lives’
So great to see a govt apply emergency powers intended for terrorism based on the outcomes of focus groups.

You see, you think all that applies to Novak, your opinion. My opinion is it’s a very tenuous link in Novaks case.

So we have the problem of the rule of law and whether law is practical. So opinion is out of it.

And if it’s a public opinion test (which is clearly not practical) public opinion on Novaks ‘douche ness’ would be very different before and after the episode with all the media character assasination happening. He was logically the same before and after the episode.
I'm right beside you on executive powers being in need of being wound back. I think more power needs to be returned to the courts.

If the law allows a government minister to impose severe actions against you, such as deprivation of liberty or access to the nation itself, on the basis of what people might think you think then we have a need for some more robust review of both the law and the way it can be used.

Our immigration laws are ****ed and the government are campaigners but Novak isn't the person I have sympathy for in this situation

The refugees that have been stuck at the Park Hotel for 9 years, the Murugappan family who are now stuck in Perth, those still in offshore detention.

Those people are the ones we should be pointing to regarding the cruelty of our border policies, not the rich antivaxxer who tried to game the system to come here and make millions of dollars and ended up a political punching bag to take pressure off the current situation with RATs and PCR testing in Australia

That's the catch isn't it? If we have a problem then we have a problem for all caught up in it, not just when the people involved are liked or valid or approved.

If you only have values when they are convenient then you have no values at all.

And yes, those people who are fleeing danger need to be kept safe in suitable conditions and have their claims processed as swiftly as possible - letting those with genuine claims and clear checks on their risk to the community delivered into the community.

If people are coming here with their papers issued from the government and they shouldn't have those, then the issue is with the machine marketing itself as keeping people safe.

Back