What are the question marks over your team in 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
So our “unproven ruck set up” includes McEvoy or not?
You keep talking about Lynch, like he’s all we have, and by virtue of the fact you keep using the word “unproven” you either think McEvoy is gone or you’re just pretending he doesn’t exist.

As for Frost, again, you make it like he’s our sole tall defender, ignoring Hartigan who’s no star but certainly holds his own against the better tall forwards.

You’re seemingly holding out hope that Sicily wont return well from the ACL despite the fact that he was held back last year when he could’ve returned, and instead given the chance to concentrate on getting prepped for a full preseason, which he’s now having.

Regardless, Hartigan, Frost, Sicily and DGB are unlikely to play in the same team, and if you knew as much about the HFC list as you think you do, that much would be obvious, as it would also be obvious that Frost is the most likely to be pushed to Box Hill for DGB. Instead though, you keep harping on about Frost being our sole KPD and no one coming through under him, like he’s the pinnacle and only option to stand the oppositions tall forwards. 🤪

Your sig says its all.

Hawthorn arrogance.

And for someone who brought up context earlier you dont seem to see it.

How many times do I need to repeat my view?

McEvoy and Frost wont improve the Hawks best 22 now or in the future. Battlers who will hold the line until the kids develop. The other talls are relatively unproven or injury affected like Gunstan and Sicily.

DGB is 19 and will take time.

Lynch has played 3 games and will take time.

I dont particularly rate the Hawks tall forwards yet either. Still young so hopefully will improve.

All that to me indicates 2022 is a bottom four finish and a battle for the spoon.

Thats it buddy. Not interested in you flip flopping around , misquoting me and being childish. How you are a mod is beyond me.

Ive never tried but Im guesing you cant put a mod on ignor........thats a shame.

Your sig says its all.

Hawthorn arrogance.

And for someone who brought up context earlier you dont seem to see it.

How many times do I need to repeat my view?

McEvoy and Frost wont improve the Hawks best 22 now or in the future. Battlers who will hold the line until the kids develop. The other talls are relatively unproven or injury affected like Gunstan and Sicily.

DGB is 19 and will take time.

Lynch has played 3 games and will take time.

I dont particularly rate the Hawks tall forwards yet either. Still young so hopefully will improve.

All that to me indicates 2022 is a bottom four finish and a battle for the spoon.

Thats it buddy. Not interested in you flip flopping around , misquoting me and being childish. How you are a mod is beyond me.

Ive never tried but Im guesing you cant put a mod on ignor........thats a shame.
You don't like being held to account of what you post, eh?

FWIW, you're the one changing the context, as you were originally saying Hawthorn would go backwards on the back of your "unproven ruck set up" statements and what not, arguing that we'd win the spoon in the Spoon thread, and now you've changed it to "I was saying you won't improve", which again, if that was the case we'd be finishing outside the bottom 4, not necessarily dropping 5 spots.

Noidnadroj

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

FWIW, you're the one changing the context, as you were originally saying Hawthorn would go backwards on the back of your "unproven ruck set up" statements and what not, arguing that we'd win the spoon in the Spoon thread, and now you've changed it to "I was saying you won't improve", which again, if that was the case we'd be finishing outside the bottom 4, not necessarily dropping 5 spots.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Noidnadroj

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

I think the Hawks will compete for a finals spot in 2022 as they have a lot of quality senior players. 2022 best team:

B: Hardwick. *Frost. DGB
HB: CJ. Sicily. Scrimshaw
C: Howe. *Mitchell. Day
HF: *Wingard Lewis. Impey
F: *Breust. *Gunston. Kosi
R: *McEvoy. *O’Meara. Worpel
I/C: *Shiels. *Hartigan. Phillips. Ward

Given a good injury run there are plenty of goal kicking options. A promising and exciting young backline. And a very experienced midfield.

However, the players with * represent those who are not likely to be part of the next flag, and that’s a worry as it contains 5 of the Hawks current best 6 players.

The Hawks desperately need this years draft crop to include a few big winners or they’ll slip further behind other developing lists.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

Dude you are all over the place.......AGAIN.

I still think Hawks will go backwards. Haven't change that stance AT ALL. Bottom four and fighting for the spoon. How many times do I need to state that?

And yet you again misquote me AGAIN. Lol.

It's all you have..........You related to Trump by any chance?

Just stop misquoting me and use the actual quote function.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I think the Hawks will compete for a finals spot in 2022 as they have a lot of quality senior players. 2022 best team:

Given a good injury run there are plenty of goal kicking options. A promising and exciting young backline. And a very experienced midfield.

However, the players with * represent those who are not likely to be part of the next flag, and that’s a worry as it contains 5 of the Hawks current best 6 players.

The Hawks desperately need this years draft crop to include a few big winners or they’ll slip further behind other developing lists.

Compare that spine with other sides and you will rethink the 2022 ladder finish.

Sicily and Gunston both returning from serious injury.

Frost LOL.

McEvoy as ruck would rank where in the comp?

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

This is the thing tho. Agree and disagree if you add in Maginness who looks in ripping form you missed Bramble and have Frost DGB and Hartigan together which won’t happen. Shiels Phillips will likely fade aswell as McEvoy and hopefully Howe.

Replace these players with young talent which looks good and it’s not bad for the now or future.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Compare that spine with other sides and you will rethink the 2022 ladder finish.

Sicily and Gunston both returning from serious injury.

Frost LOL.

McEvoy as ruck would rank where in the comp?
How do you rate Tom Barrass mate? Because he and Frost have very similar stats and are pretty even.

I wouldn’t think that’s our best 22, as Howe, Phillips and Shiels are most likely not in it. Add Bramble, Brockman, Moore and Reeves to the squad and it looks more like it.

And yes, Mitchell, Wingard, Breust, Gunston and JOM are more than likely not going to be there when we challenge again, but we’re three years into the rebuild so development of what is on the list is key now too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Even? LOL.

Frost is at a third club traded twice.

Barrass just signed long term on pretty decent coin.

One is a premiership full back.

Do these facts help?
How about these facts champ.

Not similar key position players as Frost can take smalls aswell and likes to intercept over spoiling but..
Barrass defensive loss % (rates how often he loses a contest out of %) is 25.9% 7.4 spoils 2.5 rebounds and 6.1 intercepts 13.8 disposals at 84.6% DE
Frost's defensive loss % is 19.3% 4 spoils 3.6 rebounds and 8 intercepts 15 disposals at 72%.

I'll take the odd clanger to get his one on one defending, his intercepting and run from the backline.

I'm not saying Frost is better but Barrass isn't exactly superior by a wide margin. (2021.)

Dude you are all over the place.......AGAIN.

I still think Hawks will go backwards. Haven't change that stance AT ALL. Bottom four and fighting for the spoon. How many times do I need to state that?

And yet you again misquote me AGAIN. Lol.

It's all you have..........You related to Trump by any chance?

Just stop misquoting me and use the actual quote function.
I quoted your posts word for word, but you claimed that they said something else.

Whatevs.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not sure why this thread has got so bogged down in Hawthorn personnel.

Players are not the biggest question mark about Hawthorn in 2022.

There's no doubt they have started regenerating their list and got a healthier spread of age groups and cut a lot of the cloggers they added in recent years for no good reason.

If Sicily is near his best and O'Meara, Mitchell, Wingard, Breust, Gunston stay healthy and motivated they'll be a handy side.

But the far bigger question is what is the coaches aims and whether his game plan and blueprint is aimed at winning as many games as possible in 2022 or if it takes a long time to implement things.

In many ways that's compounded when he's replacing a super coach and probably trying to keep a lot of the same systems (if not on field on match day at least with things like training set ups) compared with a coach who comes in with a mandate to just completely refresh the club.

The Hawks probably have a margin that's anywhere between 8th and 18th and that doesn't change whether you think Sam Frost is a C grader or B-.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Not sure why this thread has got so bogged down in Hawthorn personnel.

Players are not the biggest question mark about Hawthorn in 2022.

There's no doubt they have started regenerating their list and got a healthier spread of age groups and cut a lot of the cloggers they added in recent years for no good reason.

If Sicily is near his best and O'Meara, Mitchell, Wingard, Breust, Gunston stay healthy and motivated they'll be a handy side.

But the far bigger question is what is the coaches aims and whether his game plan and blueprint is aimed at winning as many games as possible in 2022 or if it takes a long time to implement things.

In many ways that's compounded when he's replacing a super coach and probably trying to keep a lot of the same systems (if not on field on match day at least with things like training set ups) compared with a coach who comes in with a mandate to just completely refresh the club.

The Hawks probably have a margin that's anywhere between 8th and 18th and that doesn't change whether you think Sam Frost is a C grader or B-.
Or if your are ImissFrosty and think he is A+

Very good summation otherwise

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
How about these facts champ.

Not similar key position players as Frost can take smalls aswell and likes to intercept over spoiling but..
Barrass defensive loss % (rates how often he loses a contest out of %) is 25.9% 7.4 spoils 2.5 rebounds and 6.1 intercepts 13.8 disposals at 84.6% DE
Frost's defensive loss % is 19.3% 4 spoils 3.6 rebounds and 8 intercepts 15 disposals at 72%.

I'll take the odd clanger to get his one on one defending, his intercepting and run from the backline.

I'm not saying Frost is better but Barrass isn't exactly superior by a wide margin. (2021.)

Wow. You are really trying hard aren't you LOL.

Well you better sign Frost long term then champ.

Swans came calling for Barrass as a RFA at the end of 2022 and were very keen.

He stuck with the Eagles with a pretty decent contract that will make him a one club player.

So you better forward your post to the Hawks and increase his contract to keep him.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

He stuck with the Eagles with a pretty decent contract that will make him a one club player.

So you better forward your post to the Hawks and increase his contract to keep him.
Haha, just stating facts champ.

BIGHAWK23

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Ol Nostradamus here, Barrass allready been courted a year in advance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back