League Cup 2021/22 (Winners: Liverpool)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know what you're saying, but Klopp is talking about pro athletes. I think it's a " kop" out.
I definitely agree.

Will feel the same way if your injuries are used to try and get Sunday postponed off 1 covid case.

Interesting to see how the referee classed Xhaka's red card. Denial of clear goalscoring opportunity is just a 1 game ban whereas serious foul play is an automatic 3 game ban.

Hopefully he gets just the 1 game ban and plays the second leg.
2 game ban as its his second red of the season.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Some talk Arsenal may be requesting a postponement of the LC semi final 2nd leg.

I have a solution:

Play a penalty shootout on FIFA online to decide the tie between nominated representatives of both clubs.

Stream it and allow heckling by fans.
Isn't the EFL's postponement requirement a lot stricter? I anticipate this game will be played and our midfield of Patino and Lokonga will be smashed. Liverpool to win 2-0.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Isn't the EFL's postponement requirement a lot stricter? I anticipate this game will be played and our midfield of Patino and Lokonga will be smashed. Liverpool to win 2-0.

Not sure what the exact EFL requirements are. FA requirements for FA Cup 3rd round were games go ahead no matter what even if an U18 team has to be fielded.

EFL had a similar rule for earlier rounds of the League Cup. They have different rules for the semi finals. I'm not sure where the game can fit in with plenty of catch up games for Arsenal mid week over the next month or so (and one for Liverpool) plus European mid week games for Liverpool in Feb if it doesn't go ahead this week. LC final end of Feb.

It all would have been so much easier this season to just have a single leg semi final at Wembley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

The wonders of modern science and medicine :D

931446.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad