Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logical Insanity - The use of nuclear weapons on Japan and how they got to that point.

American Peril - How the USA went from a regional power to a threat including the takeover of Cuba and the Philippines.

Punic Nightmares - The Punic wars - 3 episodes.

Ghosts of the Ostfront - Eastern front WWII - 4 episodes.

Death Throes of the Republic - Fall of the Roman republic and the rise of the Roman empire. - 6 Episodes

Radical Thoughts - The two 20th century Red Scares in the USA

Wrath of the Khans - The rise of the Mongol Empire - 6 episodes (15 hours or so) - Best series ever.

Blueprint for Armageddon - 6 episodes - WWI in all its horror, including the politics behind the scenes.

King of Kings - 3 episodes - The rise of the Persian Empire until the fall to Alexander - including all the ones preceding it.

Just a few and a little light listening to get you started.
Prophets of doom was the first one of his I listened to and was hooked after that. All his podcasts are awesome, but prophets of doom is good to start off with because it’s a single episode.

Blueprint for Armageddon is his best imo.

Thanks heaps fellas, keen to get stuck into them.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thanks heaps fellas, keen to get stuck into them.

Funny enough I brought blueprint for Armageddon on Saturday for a mate after bending his ear about it so much on Friday.

There’s usually a few free episodes up on the podcast app, I’m guessing it’ll be his latest series on Japan and their involvement in WW2. It’s pretty epic.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Actually saying it’s just about Japans involvement in WW2 doesn’t do it justice. It starts well before that with the samurai culture and the amazing transformation the Japanese went through after realising the world was moving too far ahead of them technologically. Really is incredible.

Republican debate now a no brainer. Send them to the annals of history where they belong.
ADAACAE8-73C9-4CC9-8767-877DFDB85B50.jpeg

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well carving now over finally got a chance to put a brew down this arvo. And was definitely needed after Xmas period cleaned out the backlog, that and a mate Botting a keg from me as well. Will do 2 batches of Pacific ale back to back, a dark and then another batch of ginger beer.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They don't really bother me, couldn't care less actually. The church on the other hand....
THIS!!

The church, sex trafficking as a whole, child P….. all boil my blood

I saw a TikTok of a girl explaining how she nearly got trafficked. She got a phone call from a random number and he was like “hey I remember a couple of weeks ago at a college party at Michigan state (the college she goes to) I left my phone in your car when you dropped me home” she got red flag because she never lets anyone in her car and didn’t even recognise the person. He starts to list random names when she asks who ‘they’ were with and he also proceeds to list her last name which she doesn’t say anything to. He keeps telling her “could you please just check the front seat now, I think it’s down there” and it was like midnight too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back