Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

^ reminds me of the story on here some years ago when a NMBF posters parents bought a house that was suddenly vacated and had a few large plants growing out the back.

Apparently said parents were impressed by the "greenery".
My in-laws bought a house that had a really excessive lighting arrangement in the garden shed, along with some plumbing. Also, sensors up and down the driveway that turned on spotlights which are very handy if you pay a visit at night.

The rig has been dismantled and disposed of now and we put normal lights in place of the spotties.

The previous owner is on holiday in Tibet we understand.

My in-laws bought a house that had a really excessive lighting arrangement in the garden shed, along with some plumbing. Also, sensors up and down the driveway that turned on spotlights which are very handy if you pay a visit at night.

The rig has been dismantled and disposed of now and we put normal lights in place of the spotties.

The previous owner is on holiday in Tibet we understand.
Let me guess that he won't be back in the foreseeable future?

Well carving season finished finally and sadly we lost the last calf. Looks like mum will be ok however. She was well over and it took a pretty big toll on her.

You can slice them open and eat them like an Apple. You cannot do this with ones from a Supermarket.
When i first had the tomatoes that the missus grew in backyard i couldn't believe the difference from watery nothingness that they try to claim is a tomato in the supermarkets.

One type she grows, a green stripey one think its called zebra tomato, just amazing.

Have you seen anything? The trigger was an under water volcano that blew near Tonga.

Nah , they say what we might experience is strong under current , increase waves . Here’s a photo from my back decking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    727.1 KB · Views: 50
Nice. We'll all be coming to your place next weekend (covid rules permitting). You'd better chop some wood for the barbie.
All under control have a Weber.
There were some locals thinking the town was going to be like the Thailand tsunami and we had to evacuate.

I know of a great Valley just up the road from these places.

As for the others yeh I know a bit and one tip is that they have all had Bushfires over my time and Seymour is the most likely to ever be flooded
Thanks Gaso, from what I can recall just from news reports etc Seymour floods a bit, was just wondering if there are some elevated parts that might escape that. Did drive around there 2 weeks ago but it seemed fairly flat, but then when I checked the maps upon getting home found out I only covered the northern half of the town. Given my family arrangements, anything too far from the northern suburbs will be a challenge, otherwise I'd piss off to somewhere near Ballarat or Bendigo at the first opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know of a great Valley just up the road from these places.

As for the others yeh I know a bit and one tip is that they have all had Bushfires over my time and Seymour is the most likely to ever be flooded
I know a valley, I know a valley

My Secret Valley the world has to see

One place for children, welcome from around the world

Please come and share Secret Valley with me

Seems about right. I forgot the silver ball - located in Fletcher Jones gardens. There used to be the Kraft cheese factory at Allansford (now that's where Great Ocen Road Cheese comes from). There was the abbatoirs (shinboner reference) and the Nestle factory plus warrnambool blanket mills. Now all there is to do is run laps of Liebig St (I hope Hojuman managed a few dozen circuits while he was there) followed by a Kermond's burger or a pot at the Calli.

By the way, Timor St is not pronounced as Timor the way the Timorese would say it. The Warrnamboolians say "Timor" as in... Time-Oar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back