Status
Not open for further replies.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
37 died with COVID in NSW today. Only five of them had received a booster.
8 were in their 70s, 11 in their 80s and seven in their 90s.
28 of the 37 were vulnerable as older than 70. No data on comorbidities in addition to age impacting their immune system.
Of the TOTAL 37 only 5 had a booster

Ponder

BeornJ

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
To be frank, I'm anxious about February.

I work in a hard-to-staff school and the pressure and workload on staff will only increase.

I also have asthma and I worry about my potential response to Covid.

I'm worried about my wife's health.
I'm worried about my five year old girl's health.

I also have Autism and ADHD, and suffer from Panic Attacks and I don't handle changes very well, or being sick very well, or normal life very well...

But I'm listening to the experts, following the advise of health authorities, and fingers crossed this we will all get through this.

I work in a hard-to-staff school and the pressure and workload on staff will only increase.

I also have Autism and ADHD, and suffer from Panic Attacks and I don't handle changes very well, or being sick very well, or normal life very well...

But I'm listening to the experts, following the advise of health authorities, and fingers crossed this we will all get through this.
Feel for you man. Hopefully you get through ok, the anxiety must be crippling. 😕

EagleEgo

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
37 died with COVID in NSW today. Only five of them had received a booster.
8 were in their 70s, 11 in their 80s and seven in their 90s.
28 of the 37 were vulnerable as older than 70. No data on comorbidities in addition to age impacting their immune system.
Of the TOTAL 37 only 5 had a booster

Ponder
Are these elderies infected from the nursing homes?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes

Some bloke who went to Florida reckoned life was normal there . I thought , As long as you don't go to hospital or work in the health industry . He also argued the average COVID death in Australia is 82 years of age . He also added that it was the average age of death (82 ) before COVID . Maybe in general we will be sicker and go to hospital but we won't die is the gist of what he was saying . Someone posted the article I can't find it again

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Some bloke who went to Florida reckoned life was normal there . I thought , As long as you don't go to hospital or work in the health industry . He also argued the average COVID death in Australia is 82 years of age . He also added that it was the average age of death (82 ) before COVID . Maybe in general we will be sicker and go to hospital but we won't die is the gist of what he was saying . Someone posted the article I can't find it again
Florida's also had nearly 64k deaths so far this pandemic and has a slightly smaller population than Australia.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Great perspective. WA is not free, we have a lot of restrictions that would have been unfathomable in 2019. Also interesting to hear that a place that was smashed by COVID is actually ticking along quite well

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey Frank. How's it going?

IMG_5898.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Great perspective. WA is not free, we have a lot of restrictions that would have been unfathomable in 2019. Also interesting to hear that a place that was smashed by COVID is actually ticking along quite well
64k people have died in Florida since the start of the pandemic.

Now I know you 'freedom' people couldn't give 2 shits about anyone else's family but imagine if it was your family who had multiple hospitalisations/deaths from COVID and please explain how you could still justify their response vs the one here in Australia.

Easy to say their life is going normal now now that the majority of the vulnerable have died just so some selfish gits can walk maskless down the street to get a hamburger.

I imagine the relatives of the dead would feel quite strongly otherwise however.

Hap Hapablap

I'm off to Nepal to become a mountain goat.
Jun 27, 2006
Where the cows go bong.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers,Internazionale, Man U
any body or institution screaming they wont be ready by the 5th and should have the border shut a bit longer are a bunch of lying and/or lazy campaigners

they have known for months that we were going to re open back when the feds said we will be reopening at 80% at least a contingency plan should have been put into play especially when mcgowan himself said in early nov we will be reopening in 2022.

Yeah not sure why we're trumpeting Florida as a success story.

The 64k is likely an underestimation too.

If you were polling people around the world, knowing what you know now, of whether it was better to stay in Florida or Perth since January 2020 (with all other things being equal) - the poll will not be an even one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now I know you 'freedom' people couldn't give 2 shits about anyone else's family but imagine if it was your family who had multiple hospitalisations/deaths from COVID and please explain how you could still justify their response vs the one here in Australia.

Easy to say their life is going normal now now that the majority of the vulnerable have died just so some selfish gits can walk maskless down the street to get a hamburger.

I imagine the relatives of the dead would feel quite strongly otherwise however.

Yeah it’s noticeable in that article that he doesn’t cite any Covid stats for Florida. He basically says “no one here seems to care about them” and so that’s supposed to mean we shouldn’t either?

They’re not actually hard to find, even if the locals don’t care what they are.

The 7-day moving average of deaths in Florida had been under 30 in late December but was over 50 on Jan. 10, and could go even higher as more deaths are reported.

Figures released Tuesday by the U.S. Department of Heath and Human Services showed there were 10,893 inpatient beds in use for COVID-19 in Florida hospitals, a decrease of 372 from the previous day.

Intensive care unit beds being used for COVID-19 in Florida were at 1,461, down from 1,505 the previous day, according to HHS.

That’s 200+ deaths a week, 11,000 in hospital and 1,500 in intensive care. That’s the other side of the free, easy, make-your-own-decisions lifestyle he was trumpeting.

Might have provided a bit of balance.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes

I agree with you , life is far more precious than money or lifestyle , economies can recover , there is still food . We could all afford to lose a bit of weight anyway .

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
New York had morgues full and freezer trucks brought in to cope with the deaths , they also had back hoes digging up an island there to bury the dead . That wasn't vaxine companies.

You do know that they've been burying New York's poor and unclaimed on that island for over a century don't you? Before Covid 19 they were burying 1300 people there a year. So a picture showing about 20 coffins (as was shown in news reports) doesn't really say much.

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

You a 90yo geezer about to croak it?

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
You do know that they've been burying New York's poor and unclaimed on that island for over a century don't you? Before Covid 19 they were burying 1300 people there a year. So a picture showing about 20 coffins (as was shown in news reports) doesn't really say much.
Yeah they buried them there during the Spanish flu , but that's not saying much. 12 months after COVID hit New York they still had bodies in truck freezers . 750 bodies still in truck freezers in May 2021 .

Last edited:

I knew you'd come at this again with yet more misinformation.

In 2021, the website The City published an analysis that found there was a sharp increase in the number of interments between 2019, when 846 corpses were buried on the island, and 2020, when 2,334 corpses were buried.

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
When the border opens up, only double vaccinated are allowed in. If I was as confident in the vaccine as some in this thread seem to be, I wouldn't have a care in the world. Then again it would only take for someone to point out that

(1) the NT were in a similar situation to us when they opened the border to the vaxxed

and

(2) now they're recording hundreds of cases a day

... for my peace to be shattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back