List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
assemble mighty ducks GIF by Laff

Running down the corridor of the MCG from half back
Wouldn’t want to turn it over…….

Parson's cant kick. Saw it up close and personal yesterday.

I don't mind us looking at the Dooch, but I kinda hope we keep a spot open for the mid season rookie draft again.

I think they will want to use the spot on someone readymade because of the impending COVID shitstorm. Need soldiers
We are in peak Omicron right now. Should be just about gone by the start of the season. There is always the chance of a new variant but there is also a real possibility that COVID will burn itself out with Omicron.

We are in peak Omicron right now. Should be just about gone by the start of the season. There is always the chance of a new variant but there is also a real possibility that COVID will burn itself out with Omicron.
Another kick up when school goes back then a drop away just like in South Africa. Guesstimating mid to late Feb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta keep the.spot open for mid season. No brainer. We are playing the long game no point listing someone now for fear of covid ravaging our list.
I’m not so sure this season.
I recon it will be a given that by the time the MSD rolls around there will be someone that can go on the LTI list and if we are giving KPDs a run at training I would be hanging my hat on S.Mitchell wanting one of these boys to work out for Hawthorn and provide some meaningful depth at Box Hill.
We have Hartigan, Frost and DGB listed as key defenders with BB versatile enough to pug a gap if needed. That’s it.
I would be pretty concerned that if we get 1 injury in that area that we will have structural issues at Box Hill where the guys aren’t developing in their regular/preferred position who can be called up if needed.
Yes there is Callow and Jekka, Gunston could roll back… I would prefer to see that for this season we go on with a full list and fill the other spot with one of the KPd prospects if they are up for it.
Ya just never know what is around the corner! I’d rather have a kpd prospect now and grab another Bramble mid season due to someone else’s misfortune.

I recon this season will be a s**t fight with Covid protocol and at some stage one AFL club won’t be able to field at team and will require assistance with Top up players. The AFL will tinker with the rules to make team trading/lending an option and make the pathway from VFL,SANFL ect easier with assisted compensation to the lower leagues to do so.

The AFL should spend the next 7-8 weeks on this and every club should be given links to a few SANFL/WAFL/VFL clubs around the country - hell even some of the more decent second tier competitions and be able to top up their lists via them if there were to be severe issues with covid protocols. Potentially have 5-10 floating spots on the list that can be filled if need be. There has been a few players in the NBA who have been called upon in similar situations who then got signed to their team as a result of how well they did when called up - so there could be some great stories out of it for players getting a shot also.

Gotta keep the.spot open for mid season. No brainer. We are playing the long game no point listing someone now for fear of covid ravaging our list.
Personally I’d go a full list now.

We have zero idea what will happen with COVID

I think the AFL have COVID guidelines in place for AFLW & id imagine are working on guidelines for the upcoming season.

This might include top-ups from lower leagues, allowing us to check out a few players that way

If a side gets Covid ‘tops ups’ do they get first dibs at the next draft on top ups or any other tie to the club?
I don't think covid top-ups have been seriously mooted anywhere but here, have they?

I don't think covid top-ups have been seriously mooted anywhere but here, have they?
As I wrote in my post regarding this, AFLW have this in place along with (not in my post) either 15 or 16 a side.

They, the AFL, will be watching this closely to see how they need to prepare for the season proper

I don’t actually know if it’s been seriously mooted anywhere but here.
But the season could be seriously rooted if it hasn’t been mooted

Parson's cant kick. Saw it up close and personal yesterday.

I don't mind us looking at the Dooch, but I kinda hope we keep a spot open for the mid season rookie draft again.

Agreed, would rather keep it for mid year when some kids that hardly played over the past two and have significantly developed, perform like a top 10 National Draft pick !!!

As I wrote in my post regarding this, AFLW have this in place along with (not in my post) either 15 or 16 a side.

They, the AFL, will be watching this closely to see how they need to prepare for the season proper

I don’t actually know if it’s been seriously mooted anywhere but here.
But the season could be seriously rooted if it hasn’t been mooted

Ahhh, someone's been doing some night time Dr Seuss reading, I see.

Very hard to tell the difference

Just won a bet with myself that some genius would come up with this scintillating joke. Just amazing work pissing on players who have to play on a part time basis in a league that is a handful of years old. Top marks for your rapier sharp wit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back