news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Volk wins easily imo so another title defence under the belt for Australia!
Cov batters Mas for a wide decision. 50-44, 50-45, 50-45
Yan stomps Sterling too

Kai Kara France vs Askarov in March too, winner likely gets a title shot

I didn't care about Masvidal before he knocked out Askren and won a kiddie belt, and I certainly don't now.

On the other hand, can't wait for Volk vs Max and Yan vs Sterling. We might have a different mindset, but a lot of MMA fans still consider Max to be the best Featherweight, so for Volk to shut him out 3-0 would be huge. And most fans see Yan as the top dog at BW, and despite the heel run he's embraced, I like Sterling and want to see him at least show everyone he's a top fighter.

I didn't care about Masvidal before he knocked out Askren and won a kiddie belt, and I certainly don't now.

On the other hand, can't wait for Volk vs Max and Yan vs Sterling. We might have a different mindset, but a lot of MMA fans still consider Max to be the best Featherweight, so for Volk to shut him out 3-0 would be huge. And most fans see Yan as the top dog at BW, and despite the heel run he's embraced, I like Sterling and want to see him at least show everyone he's a top fighter.
Max is out, Korean Zombie v Volk is the title fight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL

I can get behind that card for sure, really just want to see Chimaev get more active and see how good he really is.
Glover also wants on that card, could be a ripper if it all gets done and being in Rio it makes sense having those fights

I'd like to see Vhimaev v Belal, then Burns then title shot but seems they're going to make his next fight a #1 contender one

Glover also wants on that card, could be a ripper if it all gets done and being in Rio it makes sense having those fights

I'd like to see Vhimaev v Belal, then Burns then title shot but seems they're going to make his next fight a #1 contender one
The hype for Khamzat is already insane, guess they figure why wait? If he walks through Burns (big if imo), a fight with Usman is huge. Usman cementing his legacy or a new company superstar.

The hype for Khamzat is already insane, guess they figure why wait? If he walks through Burns (big if imo), a fight with Usman is huge. Usman cementing his legacy or a new company superstar.
No arguments here whatsoever in terms of promotion

He's just been out a while and hasn't had much cage time at all. We know he's good at being the hammer but we've never seen him tested. Sometimes it's better to go through some fire before a title fight is all

No arguments here whatsoever in terms of promotion

He's just been out a while and hasn't had much cage time at all. We know he's good at being the hammer but we've never seen him tested. Sometimes it's better to go through some fire before a title fight is all
Yeah absolutely. I have a feeling Burns will bring some fire anyway.

I can get behind that card for sure, really just want to see Chimaev get more active and see how good he really is.
more active?

He fought 3 times in 3 months and then got destroyed by covid and wasn't able to do anything for a long period

Last fight was in October too, so hardly a long layoff

more active?

He fought 3 times in 3 months and then got destroyed by covid and wasn't able to do anything for a long period

Last fight was in October too, so hardly a long layoff

Yeah I know COVID hit him hard and all that, he's only fought once since Gerald whatsisname though and that was a while ago. I hope he can fight three times this year, if he does I reckon he'll be champ at the end of it.

Less about actual fights for me and more about rounds in fights/being tested...

We haven't seen him pushed at all and maybe he's just that good it doesn't matter but it's still a question mark atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back