Movie The Batman (2021) SPOILERS!

TDK is the Everest of Batman and frankly of superhero movies but youd probably argue thats cause it doesnt really need Batman to work.
Hmm.

For me TDK only works because of the Batman-Joker pairing. He wants to tear down everything Batman believes in and fights for. Without Batman, the Joker would never have existed.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hmm.

For me TDK only works because of the Batman-Joker pairing. He wants to tear down everything Batman believes in and fights for. Without Batman, the Joker would never have existed.
Yeh I didn’t word that well at all, it’s effectively a crime movie, not a Batman movie. Argurably it works without Batman or the joker as a crime film.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I think the third act of Begins is a bit messy, the train showdown sort of loses some pacing and the not killing but really killing Ras thing is a weird choice but its amazing.

TDK is the Everest of Batman and frankly of superhero movies but youd probably argue thats cause it doesnt really need Batman to work.

The final fight between them may have been a bit of a fizzer, for me though by that stage the film overall had more than enough runs on the board to absorb that. The sequence in the narrows just a few minutes before this was sensational. “I can’t beat two of your pawns?”, and then the sly grin as Ra’s adds two more, it gets me every time. Lifted from a Frank Miller panel.

The closing scene is magnificent, Gordon promoted to lieutenant, Bat signal established, and then the tease of the Joker via his calling card.

My sons and I just started to build this, very keen to show them the actual films when they’re old enough.

E558DF63-92BD-4886-9EAA-BF741FD36812.jpeg

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
A major addition for me seemed to be the confirmation of a court of owls style event in this film. Riddler seems intent on exposing the Wayne’s involvement.

Overall though, the three trailers have been brilliant and I don’t need to see anything more. Am ready for the film itself. Day one, I’m there.
Really it appears to me to be the enemy within game story plot line mixed with year one personally within a SeVen filter

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I think the third act of Begins is a bit messy, the train showdown sort of loses some pacing and the not killing but really killing Ras thing is a weird choice but its amazing.

Yep I agree “it’ll hit the waterline” is as cringe as it gets along with Gordon driving the tumbler …the film was near perfect up to that final act.

So its been confirmed the movie is 2 hours and 55 mins long. Wow. I guess that alleviates my concerns of them showing everything in the last trailer a little. You know thats prob too long but there must be a reason maybe the rumours of what/who we will be seeing in this movie are true.

I see Barry Keoghan has officially been added to the cast list now. I wonder if Peter Saarsgard is actually Harvey Dent?

Also we havent even seen any of John Torturro in the trailers iirc.

1642630761526.png

3 hours......terrific.

Worried about cramming too much in, but reckon this if done right will be the best version.

******Also against popular opinion, hope in a million to one chance it will ever happen, but a post credit scene indicates it's part of a half rebooted DCEU.

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
Worried about cramming too much in, but reckon this if done right will be the best version.
Nah the only try to cram too much into sub 2 hours for the films they want to use to set up a shared universe including the introductions of most of the major players - The Batman is stand alone so it can have all the time it needs to tell it's story.

Back