Training 2022 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

It's great to be at this stage of pre-season and we seem to be relatively injury free. Just getting guys on the park will be an obvious way we can improve. Last year Paton went down in the intra-club, think it was plain sailing up to that point so still lots of water to go under the bridge.

But right now it's just great to see the majority of the boys out there training hard. Getting so pumped for this season and feeling like we'll surprise a few.

Yeah but that's the thing... aren't they paying the tackles earlier? So it won't matter if he has three opposition hanging on to him but he still has his hands free, they'll call it holding the ball now (earlier). The time for trying to break tackles is over. That's just how it sounds to me.
I doubt it becomes touch footy though. Just remember that you can get it, have some kind of pressure, plop it out the front and that’s ok. I imagine it’s more just moving to something that most of us feel is reasonable. Catch someone dead and they’re gone.

It's great to be at this stage of pre-season and we seem to be relatively injury free. Just getting guys on the park will be an obvious way we can improve. Last year Paton went down in the intra-club, think it was plain sailing up to that point so still lots of water to go under the bridge.

But right now it's just great to see the majority of the boys out there training hard. Getting so pumped for this season and feeling like we'll surprise a few.
Short of some of the boys being on management programs I don't think we have any players actually injured at the moment.

And fans hold grudges against kids like Ben long because they think eg. Shai Bolton is better.

It’s not his fault the club picked him.
Hindsight is 20/20 Bolton obviously had question marks on him otherwise he would have gone top 10 if captain hindsight knew how good he was going to be.

People act like Richmond won some flags so they drafted perfectly.
They never wasted first round picks on the likes of Richard Tambling, Ben Lennon, Corey Ellis, conca, yarran, Griffiths, Oakley-Nicholls, Myer, Pattison.
Let alone picks in the 2nd/3rd.

Draft is a lotto especially after the mid teens so get over it.
Your confusing people holding the club to a standard as people blaming Ben Long

I had picked Dmac to break out. I'm going to pick Ben Long to do the same.

Sausage is a St Kilda man apparently. Never been too positive about us though. He was telling a story once about how he was cleaning the studio and got asked to fill in and they gave him a gig. Seems pretty legit from his content.
He hasn't even a st kilda man since we knifed watters

903629.jpg

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JANUARY 19: Josiah Kyle of the Saints in action during the St Kilda Saints training session at RSEA Park on January 19, 2022 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)
Think he will surprise people

Think he will surprise people
I hope so. We could use his elite pace and creativity in our forward line.

I am also getting some really positive vibes about Jack Peris, which is unexpected, as it sounds like he is relishes the contact. Even that footage of Jack getting clobbered by Marshall I can see a wry smile wash across his face after the contact is made but before he hits the ground. Which suggests to me he has an appetite for contact! He obviously needs to bring more than that to the game, but it is a characteristic that is nigh on impossible to teach youngsters. You either have it or you don't quite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

903635.jpg

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JANUARY 19: Josiah Kyle (right) and Jack Steele of the Saints in action during the St Kilda Saints training session at RSEA Park on January 19, 2022 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

903660.jpg

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JANUARY 19: Tom Campbell of the Saints is seen during the St Kilda Saints training session at RSEA Park on January 19, 2022 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

903665.jpg

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JANUARY 19: Ernie Merrick (left) and Brett Ratten, Senior Coach of the Saints looks on during the St Kilda Saints training session at RSEA Park on January 19, 2022 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

903646.jpg

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JANUARY 19: Sebastian Ross of the Saints in action during the St Kilda Saints training session at RSEA Park on January 19, 2022 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

903665.jpg

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JANUARY 19: Ernie Merrick (left) and Brett Ratten, Senior Coach of the Saints looks on during the St Kilda Saints training session at RSEA Park on January 19, 2022 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)
Ernie Merrick? In Saints gear?
Did I miss something?

Adams broke his arm from memory.
Been very limited vision of NWM (dont think i have seen a pic or statement about him training)
and Dean Kent hasnt been sighted on photos lately and last read he was in rehab group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back