ATP Nick Kyrgios

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Irony is someone who has a lot to say and obviously loves gimps but they usually have a ball strapped to their mouth

It's like rain.. on your wedding day.. it's like the free ride when you've already paid.. it's the good advice I gave ya.. that you just didn't take.. well who would have thought it figures.. with a name like Ike Turner mate.. that's it mate.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
It's like rain.. on your wedding day.. it's like the free ride when you've already paid.. it's the good advice I gave ya.. that you just didn't take.. well who would have thought it figures.. with a name like Ike Turner mate.. that's it mate.

Not one thing is that bullshit song is ironic.

Somebody really should have bought Alanis Morissette a dictionary.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
The difference between Monfils and Krygios is Monfils wants to play all tournaments and he is 35 whereas Nick couldn't care less. Monfils has a coach Krygios doesn't want one as he doesn't like to be accountable for. That is one reason why he gets frustrated as he doesn't have the tools or knowledge to beat the top guys consistently.
Seriously the only thing Krygios is interested in is going out for a beer and sleeping with how many females he can and then dumping on social media.
Great that he does work in the community lets face it what else he is going to do when he is not on tour other than play video games. A lot of other people do great work in the community as well.

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
The difference between Monfils and Krygios is Monfils wants to play all tournaments and he is 35 whereas Nick couldn't care less. Monfils has a coach Krygios doesn't want one as he doesn't like to be accountable for. That is one reason why he gets frustrated as he doesn't have the tools or knowledge to beat the top guys consistently.
Seriously the only thing Krygios is interested in is going out for a beer and sleeping with how many females he can and then dumping on social media.
Great that he does work in the community lets face it what else he is going to do when he is not on tour other than play video games. A lot of other people do great work in the community as well.

Can't play, because, you know, COVID happening. It's been another excuse for him.

For some reason, we've had several talented male players in recent history who could've been entrenched top 10 players and even snagged a slam over their career who simply fall off once the money and fame come.

Phillapousis, Tomic and Krygios namely. Mark P got to a couple of slam finals, but he could've been up there on a regular basis.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Can't play, because, you know, COVID happening. It's been another excuse for him.

For some reason, we've had several talented male players in recent history who could've been entrenched top 10 players and even snagged a slam over their career who simply fall off once the money and fame come.

Phillapousis, Tomic and Krygios namely. Mark P got to a couple of slam finals, but he could've been up there on a regular basis.

Reckon that's a bit unfair based on last night. He did actually have covid and he did play a super match against Medvedev. He was just beaten by a better guy.

Nick is a knob, we all know that. But he is also great entertainment.

Not sure we can criticise him for last night's effort. He gave a decent fright to the guy who will probably win the tournament.

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Reckon that's a bit unfair based on last night. He did actually have covid and he did play a super match against Medvedev. He was just beaten by a better guy.

Nick is a knob, we all know that. But he is also great entertainment.

Not sure we can criticise him for last night's effort. He gave a decent fright to the guy who will probably win the tournament.

I meant COVID has been happening over the last couple of years. Barty spent a good part of last season abroad. Kyrgios didn't because it was too hard.

Nick is a knob, but he's one of the best players to watch. His outbursts are cringe, but his play is why many are drawn to him. And the advertisers know this. How many things is he flogging at the moment? Barty not so much. Admired but not as much a fan of the sponsors

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I meant COVID has been happening over the last couple of years. Barty spent a good part of last season abroad. Kyrgios didn't because it was too hard.

Nick is a knob, but he's one of the best players to watch. His outbursts are cringe, but his play is why many are drawn to him. And the advertisers know this. How many things is he flogging at the moment? Barty not so much. Admired but not as much a fan of the sponsors

Ahh, gotcha.

I thought you were saying that Covid was an easy excuse for him for last night. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

That said, I have no issue with him staying home during the pandemic. He might be the sort of guy who struggles mentally if he is in and out of bubbles, no social interaction, etc. I have no issue with that. He is what he is and he doesn't love the sport. It's a means to an end and the sooner we all stop pretending that he is going to be our next grand slam champion, the better.

Of course, he has the talent to be one of the very best in tennis but it's really not for anybody to decide on Kyrgios' behalf as to what he should aim to get out of the sport for as long as he is in it. He's Monfils with an attitude and I can live with that. In an era full of baseline robots, I find guys like Kyrgios and Monfils a refreshing change.

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
I will take that as a yes, he did carry on like a tool, you have to love tennis 'bad boys' when you play a non contact sport the only things you can do to be a bad boy is smash racquets and argue with umpires
I guess being anonymous in an online forum slinging s**t is super tough

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Nick Kyrgios lives rent free in the heads of over 40's.

The below article is hilarious, Kate seems to be the sort of person that asks people to sit down at concerts.

Nick Kyrgios is annoying.
Fans are the real problem.
Not a good role model.

I can not stand virtue signalling idiots like this. Does she actually care about this s**t. Go and accomplish something worthwhile.. hero.

Last edited:

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
Venus not happy with Nick (repost from AO thread)

“They’ll always be his supporters and he’ll spin it in a way that helps him but at the end of the day he’s an absolute knob.”

——

Speaking to TVNZ, Venus was critical of Kyrgios, calling him “an absolute knob”.

“You see why he’s never fulfilled his potential and probably never will,” Venus said.

“His maturity level, it’s probably being generous to about a 10-year-old, it’s at about that level.”

“It felt like a circus out there, and not really a tennis match,” Venus said.

“Between serves, (they were) geeing the crowd up and getting them to cheer at times like that. I don’t think that’s really on.

“You know if it’s on the other foot, old mate (Kyrgios) would have flipped his lid.

“He already did get mad there by himself. It’s amazing, he can smash a ball out that hits a kid and just cause he gives them a racquet afterwards people can say he’s such a good guy.”

That incident saw Kyrgios angrily smack away a loose ball and hit a young boy in the crowd, a moment he feared would see him defaulted. He went over to check on the child and gave him a racket that he signed after the match.

“I saw it heading towards the kid and I thought, ‘Oh no, I am getting defaulted’,” Kyrgios said. “I was glad he was okay and I gave him the racket.”

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Venus not happy with Nick (repost from AO thread)

“They’ll always be his supporters and he’ll spin it in a way that helps him but at the end of the day he’s an absolute knob.”

——

Speaking to TVNZ, Venus was critical of Kyrgios, calling him “an absolute knob”.

“You see why he’s never fulfilled his potential and probably never will,” Venus said.

“His maturity level, it’s probably being generous to about a 10-year-old, it’s at about that level.”

“It felt like a circus out there, and not really a tennis match,” Venus said.

“Between serves, (they were) geeing the crowd up and getting them to cheer at times like that. I don’t think that’s really on.

“You know if it’s on the other foot, old mate (Kyrgios) would have flipped his lid.

“He already did get mad there by himself. It’s amazing, he can smash a ball out that hits a kid and just cause he gives them a racquet afterwards people can say he’s such a good guy.”

That incident saw Kyrgios angrily smack away a loose ball and hit a young boy in the crowd, a moment he feared would see him defaulted. He went over to check on the child and gave him a racket that he signed after the match.

“I saw it heading towards the kid and I thought, ‘Oh no, I am getting defaulted’,” Kyrgios said. “I was glad he was okay and I gave him the racket.”
Very salty

Venus salty, but speaks the truth nonetheless.

Kyrgios an absolute knob, exceptionally gifted even for a pro, but likely to end career as potential unfulfilled. Will regret it 10 years after he retires.
He will probably regret it towards the end of his career, now he is too immature and self-absorbed.

He wants to be an "entertainer" that appeals to a certain audience but he could at least be respectful towards his opponents. Doubles players work hard throughout the year and do not receive attention compared to singles.

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
He will probably regret it towards the end of his career, now he is too immature and self-absorbed.

He wants to be an "entertainer" that appeals to a certain audience but he could at least be respectful towards his opponents. Doubles players work hard throughout the year and do not receive attention compared to singles.
don't think he will, Tennis is just a job for him and he is earning good money with it. No different to you and i going to work. He doesn't want to be the best because if he did he would have a different attitude. He doesn't seem to be the type of person to regret what he is doing. People are desperate for him to be the next big thing but its never going to happen.

Back