Women's Footy AFLW Season 2022 - [C(Aine) feel that it's (Tighe)me?]

Aug 23, 2017
Grounded
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hopefully Roux sees this as a wake up call, needs to get fit to get into the team

As talented as Roux is, she needs to get to get to more contests to be able to influence them, which she can ….. if she got to them.

I don’t know if it’s her not reading the play, fitness, or intent..

But she does go MIA a lot.

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the melts on the toast aflw thread after losing that game against the suns.

Gold Coast hadn't won a game for a year and a half before that, and had never kicked more than 5 goals in a game, which they did in the last 9 mins of the 4th qtr of that game.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the melts on the toast aflw thread after losing that game against the suns.

Gold Coast hadn't won a game for a year and a half before that, and had never kicked more than 5 goals in a game, which they did in the last 9 mins of the 4th qtr of that game.
Great to see that the Dirty birds are in a hole.

Their list is too old, unfit and spiritless.

Leaving out Rowell is a shocking move considering they are miles from the finals.

My concern that the Eagles would be bridging the gap between us by having better draft picks hasn't happen, but our youngsters are better than the Wet Toast.

Love the melts.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Great to see that the Dirty birds are in a hole.

Their list is too old, unfit and spiritless.

Leaving out Rowell is a shocking move considering they are miles from the finals.

My concern that the Eagles would be bridging the gap between us by having better draft picks hasn't happen, but our youngsters are better than the Wet Toast.

Love the melts.

Their coaching appointment was handy too.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Turns out the weags are the only club who don’t have a dedicated guernsey for Pride round.

Freo’s is awesome!

94745332-EFBA-4083-BF89-9BDE266B7289.jpeg

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Saw in the adjacent video to the above article that GWS player Tait Mackrill copped a week suspension for high front on contact and jumping off the ground into Dana East. Graded as careless conduct, medium impact and high contact by the MRO.

Remember watching it at the time and thinking it was clever of East to tap the ball on to our advantage rather than take possession but missed the outcome of her getting crunched.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Saw in the adjacent video to the above article that GWS player Tait Mackrill copped a week suspension for high front on contact and jumping off the ground into Dana East. Graded as careless conduct, medium impact and high contact by the MRO.

Remember watching it at the time and thinking it was clever of East to tap the ball on to our advantage rather than take possession but missed the outcome of her getting crunched.
Miller got taken high as well but no free kick. Lucky we kicked the goal anyway.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Backs against the wall stuff now for our girls, likely to not return home for any games

Making finals is a pass now I would say

can't be easy to spend that much time on the road, although Scorchers have turned it into a good thing, hopefully we can use it to fuel us

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Backs against the wall stuff now for our girls, likely to not return home for any games

Making finals is a pass now I would say

can't be easy to spend that much time on the road, although Scorchers have turned it into a good thing, hopefully we can use it to fuel us
Loved Trent's spin on this... Being away means their players aren't working 9-5pm every day, training at night and then playing on the weekends.

On the road for a long period means they are effectively full time professional athletes.

oneleggedwonders

Debutant
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
So team is announced with Roxy and Juddy back at the expense of JC (concussion) and McMahon (managed)
Any news on where Amy Franklin is at? Is she on the radar at all?

So team is announced with Roxy and Juddy back at the expense of JC (concussion) and McMahon (managed)
Any news on where Amy Franklin is at? Is she on the radar at all?
Thought she would have been the replacement for Cuthbo.

Bit rough on Ann too.. though it look like there is a plan in place to give players a break and not burn them out.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Kudos to the Club's media team for releasing such an inspiring and noble video on the eve of "Pride Round." Our club really is the greatest institution!

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Conti and Bowers are the leading the AFLW clearance numbers in the first two games this season. GWS did a pretty good job in blunting Kiaras effectiveness last week but she did a lot of scrambled short kicks, and Miller has really stepped up.

Hoping this week that Strom/Tighe/Roux can assert themselves in the ruck and direct the hit outs to our advantage, where in the first two games we've battled hard just to break even there.

Back