Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“So far, the science shows that people with only two doses of a Covid vaccine have only a 4 per cent protection against being infected”..

We’ve all known for months now that vaccines dont stop you from catching the virus. Thats what is being referred to here with the 4%..

How much the vaccine protects you from severe illness, and hospital admisssion is the important percentage.
I don't believe him to be honest.

He's made a number up to justify keeping the border closed.

That is a real problem too, you can't have politicians just making numbers up to justify their actions.

How do you still not ******* get it? The vaccine mandates are ALL about protecting our inadequate hospital systems. Can you imagine the strain they’d be under if we weren’t 90% double vaxed? People who are choosing not to vaccinate ARE being selfish. They are saying to those providing care “we don’t give a fu** that you have been run off your feet, or that we put you and your families at risk”. If you are unvaccinated you are ten times more likely to end up in hospital. If you know these odds and still choose not to vaccinate, you are a selfish twat.
Will 10% really crowd our system?

Secondly why haven't governments ensured the system is robust?

“So far, the science shows that people with only two doses of a Covid vaccine have only a 4 per cent protection against being infected”..

We’ve all known for months now that vaccines dont stop you from catching the virus. Thats what is being referred to here with the 4%..

How much the vaccine protects you from severe illness, and hospital admisssion is the important percentage.

It goes pretty low after about 3-4 months and keeps going on a downward trajectory from there.

Not sure exactly the %, someone here will post the data, but I think it’s fair to say after a certain period you’re as good as unvaxxed. It might get you through the season/variant, but that’s it. Same as the flu.

That’s why all this hysteria and the mandates have to end. Stat. And everyone really needs to put aside their differences and get on the same page with this.

I know..

I mean… imagine joining/supporting/not speaking out about antivax and anti lockdown rallys and marching alongside neo nazi’s, proud boys, anti-semites, QANONers, Russian sympathisers and listening to speeches given by lying, devious scumbag con artists like Palmer, Kelly, Antic, Hanson and Christensen..

Imagine being that loony you decide your time is best spent doing everything you can to disrupt the vaccine role out by making and then cancelling numerous bookings day after day to get a vaccination as some of the moronic antivaxers have done.

Imagine marching alongside people calling for the hanging/beheading of our elected officials and their children.. threatening ******* children ffs.

Imagine turning up at vaccination hubs to abuse people in the line up and spit on and abuse the nurses simply going about their jobs.

Imagine lumping yourself in with the flogs that abuse, threaten and in some instances assault the enployees of cafes, resturants, pubs, clubs, retail outlets et etc who are simply asking you to abide by the requirments to check in and wear a mask.. rules these poor employees didnt make up but have simply been asked to enforce.

Imagine being that ******* low that you would abuse doctors, nurses and other staff at hospitals who are trying their very best to save a relative who is dying of Covid because you think covid is a great big lie that doesnt exist.

Imagine not getting vaccinated because instead of listenning to and trusting the science you’d rather be an ignorant moron and listen to the likes of Joe Rogan instead.

Im certainly not agreeing with “these people should find their own Island, move there and start their own commune”…
but, if they wish to continue being a positive part of the many great communities around this wonderful nation of ours.. they could atleast stop being such ignorant, selfish and self centred fu**n dicks.

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

“True colours” and all..
Oh.. And Drummond.. its nice you find all of the examples I provided of the disgusting behavior of some in our country at the moment funny.. well funny enough to put your childish little HAHA at the end of it..

Do you find these atrocious acts funny Drummond?.. does reading about them amuse you?

Again.. just wondering for “true colours” and all..

I don't believe him to be honest.

He's made a number up to justify keeping the border closed.

That is a real problem too, you can't have politicians just making numbers up to justify their actions.
Yeah.. i dont believe two shots of the vax even provides 4% protection.. i dont think any vaccine ever stops an virus or infection of any sort from entering your body and attempting to replicate..

More that they instead trigger a faster immune response which stops you, in the great majority of cases, from getting very bloody sick and needing hospitalisation.

Pleasing both NSW & Victorian hospitalisation numbers have decreased... so hopefully reached the peak.

Active cases have been coming down for a while, but likely these have been understated as until now haven't been reflected by reduced hospitalisations.

You beat me to it.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

I love that, great banter from Chief.

I can imagine the entire Power BF fanbase doing a whip around of their savings to ban subaru and falling a few thousand short

I'm guessing the poster actually get the 3k.

I wonder if the Port supporters are planning to hand around the hat to fund it for Subaru?

Yeah, ummm…

given the very recent absolute and utter failure of the Powa’s “Fund for Greatness” (or whatever they call it) initiative that was meant to raise $13 million and nearly a year later has raised sweet * all…

I’m pretty sure suburu has nothing to worry about.

Powa flogs seem to be allergic to “whip arounds” and “handing around of hats”!…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah.. i dont believe two shots of the vax even provides 4% protection.. i dont think any vaccine ever stops an virus or infection of any sort from entering your body and attempting to replicate..

More that they instead trigger a faster immune response which stops you, in the great majority of cases, from getting very bloody sick and needing hospitalisation.

And I don’t think it’s useful to think of it as a static thing like this either.

In the month or 2 after receiving your 3rd dose, your antibody levels and protection against infection will be pretty good, but we know that in time this component of your immune response will wane.

Given the vast majority of health and aged care workers will have received their 3rd doses over the last few months, vaccination will definitely have had a protective effect during the current outbreak in reducing (not eliminating) the likelihood of transmission to their vulnerable patients. This is absolutely worthwhile, and has probably saved lives (at the expense of a very small number of health workers needing to find alternative employment).

While it looks like protection against severe illness will remain robust and pretty durable over time, protection against infection is less durable and will diminish (but to what extent?), and that’s where we get into the unknowns of what the vaccine schedule for this disease will look like moving forward.

For some people protection against severe illness will be sufficient for their needs, while for others working in high risk settings maintaining this protective effect against infection will also be important.

This tweet represents a large portion of Australians for whom the penny will never drop.

Sad.

Yeah, my sister has a wedding here in a couple of months & relatives from WA sadly now won't be able to attend as they had hoped.

There are going to be plenty of similar scenarios as WA continues to lock itself out from the rest of the world.

Not sure WA can become more prepared than it already is. Need to bite the bullet at some stage...

f’ed situation..

Guess The Premier of WA will fund out just exactly what the majority of west aussies think of this come the next election..
I expect there will be a swing to the opposition at the next election. Given that there were only 2x Liberals voted in at the last election, it's pretty much impossible for things not to swing back at least to some degree.

... of course, he'll still be re-elected in a landslide - just not as big a landslide as the last election, which was an unprecedented catastrophe for the Libs.

Hygiene yeah I agree. I used hand sanitiser at work before COVID. Especially when I used to handle cash.

But when you see your kid not want to share the slide at the playground in fear of germs, that is not good.

Proper hygiene being in place beofre this would probably have helped slow the spread.
It's not "proper hygiene" that's the issue here, it's the OTT paranoid mindset that it has introduced into (some) people.

The sort of thing that has people going off at others for not wearing a mask, or not wearing it properly. (For the record, I wear a mask as recommended / required, and if someone else is not doing that, I roll my eyes but I don't go Karen on them, I'm not going to die because they walked past me.)

The sort of thing that has people genuinely afraid - not just cautious, afraid - to come into close contact - let alone touch! - other people.

And in particular the sort of thing that has chidren, in their formative years, being conditioned to think that school is dangerous, that other people are dangerous, that wearing a mask everywhere is normal.

Not to spark another round of politics, but it comes back to good old Johnny Howard's saying about terrorism - be alert, but not alarmed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back