Training 2021/22 Preseason Thread Lessssf*ngo

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is Rocca casually on the boundary? Have I missed something or was he not a coach? would have thought he'd be kitted up helping the session.
He's in covid iso. Can't be involved in training sessions but can be in the public. Heard him explaining it to phillips from the sidelines.
Assume it's the same for the other 2.

People don’t bring up Sleevos name as the most talented player on our list.

That’s a mistake

Dominated that 15 minute match sim

Wash your mouth out. He is loved by everyone except one of our SA friends.

Each to their own, but * he has more talent in his little finger than a decent % of our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame we can't upload bigger videos.
Would make content on here a lot easier.
Record and upload in 30 seconds.

How is LDU?

Stayed until around 11.

Up until then looked solid. Only missed one kick that I saw and moved pretty well.

I’ll try and put up a bit of a report later. It’ll be a bit sparse compared to some of the previous work, but I was trying to wrangle a toddler at the same time

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stayed until around 11.

Up until then looked solid. Only missed one kick that I saw and moved pretty well.

I’ll try and put up a bit of a report later. It’ll be a bit sparse compared to some of the previous work, but I was trying to wrangle a toddler at the same time

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thank you!

Don’t stress about the report! Take your time

Saw a bit earlier, including the first part of the scratchie, and mostly kept an eye on the first and second year players.

Goater is physically impressive but didn't really notice him do too much that stood out. Was utilised a bit in the back end of the ground and was getting good instruction from Apples.

Bergman does a really good impression of a stick insect. He also does a really good impression of a composed and skilled footballer too. Comfortable with the ball in hand, takes his time to think through the situation and more often than not sticks the kick. I like him. Nice toe as well as has a knack of keeping his head up when working his way through oncoming traffic so he can see the next phase.

Paul Curtis also knows how to football. Good leap, strong skills, reads situations well, nice turn of pace, and gets stuck in. Him, Ford and Taylor make for interesting options as a marking half forward / wingers into the future.

Archer goes hard, moves well. Let's see.

CCJ is a massive unit if not a bit agricultural. An upgrade on X. Maybe. Let's see.

Edwards isn't a mile off it. He's probably a mile off a mile off it.

Cooper looked pretty good. At times he finds himself out of position but he generally gets involved, moves well and uses it well. Peetty good for a 17 year old and in good physical condition.

Horney ran laps, did some rehab drills and looks like he's going to be a ******* monster. Strap in. Or on. Whatever.

Hugh Greenwood will be a very, very good addition.

Phillips looks in better physical condition and just pistoned around the joint, being clean, doing good things, making the right decision each and every time. Starting to look like he did in his U/18 highlights. Watch that again and notice how he makes the right decision each and every time, especially by hand, be it left or right. He draws his man and releases with the correct hand every single time, and stays on the move.

Powell doing Powell things. The kid is just a wonderful footballer.

Fordy was a touch quieter than usual.

Spicer was in rehab group do didn't see him much.

Special mention to Stephenson and Perez, who looked a million bucks.

Bit of a concern?
Nah.

It's preseason.

Edwards has a long way to go. He's the tallest bloke at the club and looks like he ain't seen a weights room. If he looks the same and looks a bit lost in 12 months, then maybe we can start to worry a little. On the plus side he moves really well and is a capable user.

CCJ looks like he's about 5-10% better than Xerri, but Xerri today looks about 5-10% better than he did last season. They both look HUUUUGGGGEEEEEEE and bust a gut, but skills were a bit touch and go today. Let's see how they go when games start.

Last edited:
No Goldy, Bull, Mckay, Lazaro that I saw

Much better skills than pre Xmas, and as I said the boys seemed to work very hard.

Thomas - whilst he didnt do anything special, like sit on heads, amazing kicks etc, what he did was accumulate. He was maybe overshadowed by Sleevo and greenwood in the first match sim, over the two he was the best. Just kept getting it all over the ground. Very exciting.

Goater - similar to Thomas in that he accumulated, by exclusively down back. Didn’t get the opportunity to display himself athletically but great signs that he finds the footy so easy. Did t miss a target that I saw either

Burgerman - great runner, great skills, also did some nice intercepting.

More to follow

Jacob Edwards - as others have said, miles off it body and fitness wise. Basically the worst runner out there. But geez he can kick a footy. 3 years of vfl, weights and running and then we might have a unique talent.

Phillips - building nicely. Started match sim like a house on fire. Interestingly spent a lot of time with Larkey. Not sure if they are going to continue to try and develop his forward craft this year but it looks that way.

The Horne Dog - probably lacking the burst and athletic boss mode. Like trying to break tackles unsuccessfully or not being able to burn off a pursuer. Thought that seems logica given the recent covid issue. Then he did the second match sim, playing high half forward and had 3 lovely inside 50’s to Larkey. All up I think he’s playing forward for most of the year. May need to build into the season.

Turner - looking fit as *. Big year down back ahead.

Misc points

Comben, CCJ and Larkey all on the same team in first match sim. CCJ up the ground, looked very comfortable. Comben probably the worst fitness wise but all 3 did well. Larkey worked especially hard all session.

McDonald down back, and looked good.

Ziebell struggled imo

Simpkin bossed it as you’d expect. LDU solid, as was Powell.

Overall, biggest positives were Thomas, greenwood and Sleevo imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back