Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re running a campaign on not using 000 at the moment. Why wouldn’t they be consistently running similar to remind people about incorrect use of ED? To me it’s typical PS thinking to take structural rebuild off the table, but surely strong information campaigns will have some positive impact.

They have run these campaigns every year for as long as I can remember, usually to coincide with the annual flu season. "Emergency departments are for emergencies" sound familiar?

As I've pointed out previously, they also systematically SMS every single COVID case with links to information and support services to facilitate management at home/in the community where appropriate. Unfortunately (a) regardless of what information is out there many people are not sufficiently health literate to make the distinction between medical care that is essential/non-essential, urgent/non-urgent, or necessary/unnecessary; and (b) the usual option of “visit your GP instead” has been taken off the table.

I'm not sure why you're finding it so difficult to accept that this is a complex and longstanding issue that is not specific to COVID, and for many people, it's not as simple as just being told "don't go to the ED unless you're really unwell". It may surprise you to learn that you're not the first person to come across this problem, and to consider changes to the health system to address it.

Last edited:

Are people really afraid to leave their house…..

Who are these people?

From a purely personal point of view I'm not feeling any restrictions.

We still are going to the pub a couple of times a fortnight, shopping, Bunnings etc. QR checkins are finished. I'm working from home - which I love, having a Labrador on your feet is very relaxing, taking them for a walk a couple of times during the day is a tremendous stress reliever.

Life for me is bloody great, my lad is at Uni so don't have to worry about the Covid issues with childcare or school any more. Its the younger folks and small business that are doing it tough. No nightclubs/dancing would suck if you're that age, festivals/events not going ahead/limited hurts all those involved.

We're heading down to the SE next week for 5 nights to met with family who are coming down from Sydney. Much prefer this arrangement to the WA setup.

The Perth Lynx women's Basketball team are staying in Ballarat and working out at the local Gym the RAD Centre....

Glory chief executive Tony Pignata told The West Australian he was shattered.

“It’s a shocker. I’m flabbergasted. We asked specifically before we left about a date to come home.

“Yes, we can come back, but we have to do 14 days quarantine. Some families are with players now but it’s a lot to take in.

“You’ve got children at school, they have their own lives.”

Former Glory captain Rostyn Griffiths, a West Australian who now plays for Melbourne City, labelled McGowan “an absolute f….n clown” on Twitter.

International cricket coach Mickey Arthur, whose family is based in Perth, said he had not been able to get back to see his daughters for two years.

Dockers legend Matthew Pavlich, who has family in South Australia, tweeted: “Seriously?!”

The West Coast and Fremantle men’s teams are facing the galling prospect of having to start their seasons on the road and remain away indefinitely.

I feel the isolation for triple vaxxed is pathetic. Sorry but at some point you have to say, live your life, you've played the game and done everything we've asked. We need to stop running around protecting people who long made the decision not to protect themselves
If you're talking about protecting anti-vaxers, then I agree. If you're talking about people who are immunocompromised as having "long made the decision not to protect themselves" - then that's a big, big, huge, thumbs down from me.

Is the health system ready?​

That was the big question for many West Australians — could the state cope with a flood of COVID cases?

The state's hospitals have been under immense pressure even without COVID patients, and medical lobby groups who had pushed for a delay said it was clear the system would crumble if the virus surged in WA.

The decision has sparked even greater fears WA's health system is ill-equipped for COVID.(ABC News: James Carmody)
But critics point to the fact that WA has had two years to prepare and record-setting, multi-billion dollar surpluses — leaving little excuse for the state to be unprepared.

If you're talking about protecting anti-vaxers, then I agree. If you're talking about people who are immunocompromised as having "long made the decision not to protect themselves" - then that's a big, big, huge, thumbs down from me.
What if you caught covid on that cruise you intended on going on unless you received a refund and then met some immunocompromised people?

Fairly c**tish attitude Peter.

It’s c**tish to not want kids to be subjected to the self-delusions of psychologically damaged adults?

This virus poses a lower risk to them than the flu.

If you want to triple mask, get four shots in nine months and still hide under your bed, fine.

But don’t inflict your psychosis onto a child.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s c**tish to not want kids to be subjected to the self-delusions of psychologically damaged adults?

If you want to triple mask, get four shots in nine months and still hide under your bed, fine.

8060E52D-6C89-4EE8-BB44-8DEA869FC89C.gif

We're not talking about your average kids, we're talking about immunosuppressed or otherwise highly vulnerable kids who may exist in small numbers but have legitimate reason to feel anxious about contracting COVID, not only for their elevated risk of acute morbidity and mortality following COVID infection, but also regarding the potential long term impacts of multi system inflammation.

Your response below was (unsurprisingly and par for the course) psychopathic, narcissistic and, as I said, c**tish.

You need to get out of whatever weird little basement you post from all day and meet some people.

Are people really afraid to leave their house…..

Who are these people?

Parents with kids living with significant comorbidities or immunosuppressed.

These families are in the minority, but they do exist.

We needed to open back up again, but let's not pretend there are not some families legitimately fearful (as opposed to other who live in fear but for no real good reason as their risk is low).

They might be fearful but it doesn’t mean we have to rationalize their delusions.

Last edited:
We're not talking about your average kids, we're talking about immunosuppressed or otherwise highly vulnerable kids who may exist in small numbers but have legitimate reason to feel anxious about contracting COVID, not only for their elevated risk of acute morbidity and mortality following COVID infection, but also regarding the potential long term impacts of multi system inflammation.

Can you please provide the statistics of where COVID ranks in the last two years as a contributor to death or severe illness among immunosuppressed children?

But everyone in WA still loves McGowan and are cool with this

View attachment 1314164
This is a huge broken promise & I expect there will be a significant backlash from the WA public.

Most have been trying to do the right thing, but if the supposed end in sight for opening up is postponed indefinitely, I expect many will lose patience.

Overall, I reckon SA has got most things right & to be fair to Marshall, he opened up as he planned, even if it has caused him some political damage heading into next year's election. At least he tries to keep his promises.

Thats the thing, if any State has the money to get on top of their health system its WA, so whats their excuse? Where's the criticism from the hardcore lefties?
That's a very good question that WA journalists should be asking him.

Come on Pete.. I’m going to remain civil and respectful because I made a promise I would.

But… Surely you dont honestly think that pre covid the parents of children suffering from Cancers, heart conditions or other comorbidities that weakened their immune systems werent doing everything they possibly could to protect their sick child from seasonal viruses like the flu, including isolating themselves from the outside world at times, wearing masks, getting their families vaccinated against viruses and probably disinfecting the hell out of everything?

And they wouldve been delusional for doing so?..

Really?…

And yet again there you go saying Covid is like the flu and even as far as saying it poses less of a risk than the flu. Thats completely and utterly debunked nonsense.

Covid-19 may have the same symptoms as the flu but so does HIV/AID’s..

so would you say “oh, it doesnt matter… its just the same as the flu” if you were about to sleep with a woman you know has HIV and do so without using a condom?… of course you bloody wouldnt!

Thats why you shouldve watched the video I posted a week or so ago from the WA professor who is using the latest technology in the most advanced laboratory on earth to study, on a molocular chemical level, exactly what Covid-19 does to the body..

He doesnt go on about lockdowns, masks, vaccines or any of that political bullshit. Just purely into his findings.

Just simply, in laymans terms, lays out his findings from the last two years of study using the latest technology..

And he’ll tell you in no uncertain terms why this isnt the *n flu. Covid is a massive inflamatory virus that takes any comorbidities such as cancers, diabetes, disease etc etc and massively amplifies and inflames them. The flu doesnt do anything at all like that to your body.

He’s proven this right down to a molecular chemistry level..

It is a very interesting watch.

One thing he focuses on is Long covid (and he himself is suffering from it)..
Interestingly in the previous Sars outbreak 15 or so years ago I think he said 40% of people that caught and survived that sars virus outbreak ended up with long Sars.. some of these people are still suffering from it 15 years later.

Sars/covid (same thing) is not the flu.

Please just watch the presentation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back