Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does pretty much everyone with Covid get a temp?
Talking to my Doctor on Monday he said his daughter and her 2 young daughters who are holidaying in Fiji at present all picked up Covid over there and are currently isolating there. His daughter he said has had really bad diarrhea and a runny nose but no fever, her daughters have had a low fever, scratchy throats and runny noses but were recovering OK.

We still need better communication as to the support patnways for someone who suspects they have Covid... to avoid unnecessary demwnd on ED's.
Yea for People Like me who stupidly slashed the paddock last week when it was dry and windy, spent the next two day with a running nose and coughing my guts ups, Had a bit of a fever (due to sunburn), I ended up Wasting a RAT test, then remember I have had the same issues every time I use the slasher in dry conditions.
Next Time I may remember to use my dust mask and a wide brim hat.

relapse 's excuse was a bit weak. 'We've already got 1 train wreck of a thread, we're not having 2'. Why not? They're barely moderated, if at all, there's warnings and as bad it gets, it's fairly tame. Does it matter how many threads the posts are spread across, isn't it effectively the same workload. Plus the system is largely based upon the report button, how does 2 threads instead of 1 impact that? Just soft I suppose and he does give up on wordle after less than 15 hours. Just no follow through this bloke.
Given that this thread is supposed to be an unmoderated free-for-all, I'm not sure the argument that they didn't want to moderate 2 politics threads really holds up. ;)

Its like there is this wave of amnesia flowing through you and others here that you seem to forget we had to put up with yours and others unhinged rants over the last 4 years about US politics.

So you are going to have to lump it now the other guy is there screwing things up

Your lack of self awareness is truly a thing to behold as you correct nothing but what you do is lauch one unhinged tirade after the other

Mid terms are at the end of the year and i am going to enjoy posting about the current mobs problems as often as i want. Consider it fair payment for the last 4 years 🤡 :kiss:

US politics definitely bores me, apart from the odd discussion here and there of character/mental defects, which the trump/Biden argument has in spades. I remember being very surprised that numerous posters were so passionate about a late trump supreme court appointment tha would result in abortion being recrimininalised in the US. All the while there's a little legislative argument going on in SA around decriminalising abortion. Something that I think my Google search suggested had been the case in the US since the 80s. And the same posters having a crack at you over US politics were prolific on the topic when trump was in power. And now they seem tired of US politics, despite being balls deep throughout every moment of trumps first campaign and presidency.

Does pretty much everyone with Covid get a temp?
Not sure for asymptomatic, just another safety measure.

My dentist does it, so why wouldn't we do this simple thing to protect the vulnerable.

Yep.

Our friends with infected kids have to do 14 days quarantine.

He is sole trader electrician. Will cost him a mint, has referred a lot of jobs to other guys he hasn't been able to do.

Yeah he makes good money. But 10 days with no income will hurt anyone.

And if it is like Childcare, one kid in the class sick, all kids iso for 7 days.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sign of the times as well,
Growing up in the old days, Family, Friends and the Community/Neighbour hood would help they would gather around to ensure the Family was OK both in health and the ability to work,
These days we have grown apart and the neighbour hoods are not the same, Family does not help out as much.

I remember when My 16-year-old sister had to stay at a relatives house to look after the Kids after a Vehicle accident forced both parents into Hospital, She had help from the neighbours who covered her school hours,
We have lost that,

Booster yesterday.

Chills, muscle aches and soreness, headache (it is worse than one when I hit the piss) and lack of energy.

Good nights sleep should see it go away.
Yeah, I was like that the day after... yet the other 2 in our office only had a sore arm.

How do you still not ******* get it? The vaccine mandates are ALL about protecting our inadequate hospital systems. Can you imagine the strain they’d be under if we weren’t 90% double vaxed? People who are choosing not to vaccinate ARE being selfish. They are saying to those providing care “we don’t give a fu** that you have been run off your feet, or that we put you and your families at risk”. If you are unvaccinated you are ten times more likely to end up in hospital. If you know these odds and still choose not to vaccinate, you are a selfish twa

Originally you were certain that they were selfish because they were going to be the carriers as vaxxed weren't going to transmit amongst ourselves. Idiots like valuus and you were saying that it's not about me, I'm getting vaxxed to protect others from catching it. And now you've pivoted to, "oh, it was never about protecting others from getting it, it's always been about reducing the likelihood of ending up in hospital so that bed is available for someone else".

In terms of being selfish per your last couple of sentences, that's a hell of a pivot. Originally we were concerned for the health system due to overload and patients missing out. Now we have to worry that people that are employed to do a job are having to turn up and do that job. I just don't get that pivot. It went from protecting everyone we loved from catching the virus to now worrying about the people employed to look after ill people? Do you have no idea how insane that is.

US politics definitely bores me, apart from the odd discussion here and there of character/mental defects, which the trump/Biden argument has in spades. I remember being very surprised that numerous posters were so passionate about a late trump supreme court appointment tha would result in abortion being recrimininalised in the US. All the while there's a little legislative argument going on in SA around decriminalising abortion. Something that I think my Google search suggested had been the case in the US since the 80s. And the same posters having a crack at you over US politics were prolific on the topic when trump was in power. And now they seem tired of US politics, despite being balls deep throughout every moment of trumps first campaign and presidency.
It is total hypocrisy at its finest. They think it was fine for them to constantly discuss it when they wanted yet now their guy is in and wrecking things they want to shut down discussion..unfortunately for them it don't work like that.

Talking to my Doctor on Monday he said his daughter and her 2 young daughters who are holidaying in Fiji at present all picked up Covid over there and are currently isolating there. His daughter he said has had really bad diarrhea and a runny nose but no fever, her daughters have had a low fever, scratchy throats and runny noses but were recovering OK.

I'm sure Henny Penny will find an article where someone in a similar risk category has succumbed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is total hypocrisy at its finest. They think it was fine for them to constantly discuss it when they wanted yet now their guy is in and wrecking things they want to shut down discussion..unfortunately for them it don't work like that.
I'm always up for a chat about US politics. Just not with anybody who feasts on Trump's butt. You have to at least have a tacit understanding that politicians are all crooks regardless of what side of the aisle their on, otherwise you just come off as a loon and nobody wants to discuss politics with you.

I just asked you to provide some receipts to prove your claim about the rate of suicide among children "sky rocketing", which you still haven't done. The comment I quoted wasn't about attempts, hospitalisations, teenagers, young adults or whatever other strawman you want to throw out there. If you didn't actually mean children, or by suicide rates you meant rate of attempts or something else, you chose your words poorly.

By children I meant ages 0-17.

I’m not sure what sort of person looks at an article that shows an epidemic of attempted suicides and self harm among Australian youths and then goes “yeah but show me the stats on how many of them actually died.”

Wow.

I'm always up for a chat about US politics. Just not with anybody who feasts on Trump's butt. You have to at least have a tacit understanding that politicians are all crooks regardless of what side of the aisle their on, otherwise you just come off as a loon and nobody wants to discuss politics with you.
And that certainly goes for biden so as long as you all are consistent in condemnation of him as you were for trump, it should be good discussion ( i mean its not actually about the person but much more the policies of the two that really counts). But if a protection racket is put up for him, well, it is a bay 13 style thread isn't it :)

Exactly some here are so rusted on to the trump/republican side they simply cannot accept a single drop of criticism of him or them.. cant even bring themselves to admit that the “bleach” presser was the most unhinged thing a US president has ever said..

I just find it dumbfounding how anyone could support that imbicile and the anti-democracy (because thats what they have morphed into) scumbags, losers and crazed loons in the republican party..

But that doesnt automatically mean I think much of Biden and the dems either.. he’s just another redneck seppo gun toteing idiot too…

Both political sides over there are full of crazies and morons who are completely beholden to their political donors/lobbyists.. with a great majority of them, on both sides, under the thumb of the gun lobby.

The country is a joke.

I did love Bidens presser today though.. he was asked by a dopey journalist “why dont you strike against Russia first”.. as if to suggest the US should attack Russia.. he rolled his eyes, went pfft and said “what a stupid question” and moved on to the next..

It was ******* funny how arogantly he dismissed it..

But what a moron.. yeah, lets flippantly start WW3 because Putin has a few troops and tanks amassed on the border of the Ukraine!.

Originally you were certain that they were selfish because they were going to be the carriers as vaxxed weren't going to transmit amongst ourselves. Idiots like valuus and you were saying that it's not about me, I'm getting vaxxed to protect others from catching it. And now you've pivoted to, "oh, it was never about protecting others from getting it, it's always been about reducing the likelihood of ending up in hospital so that bed is available for someone else".

In terms of being selfish per your last couple of sentences, that's a hell of a pivot. Originally we were concerned for the health system due to overload and patients missing out. Now we have to worry that people that are employed to do a job are having to turn up and do that job. I just don't get that pivot. It went from protecting everyone we loved from catching the virus to now worrying about the people employed to look after ill people? Do you have no idea how insane that is.

“The vaccine was never supposed to be the way out of the pandemic!”

Exactly some here are so rusted on to the trump/republican side they simply cannot accept a single drop of criticism of him or them.. cant even bring themselves to admit that the “bleach” presser was the most unhinged thing a US president has ever said..

I just find it dumbfounding how anyone could support that imbicile and the anti-democracy (because thats what they have morphed into) scumbags, losers and crazed loons in the republican party..

But that doesnt automatically mean I think much of Biden and the dems either.. he’s just another redneck seppo gun toteing idiot too…

Both political sides over there are full of crazies and morons who are completely beholden to their political donors/lobbyists.. with a great majority of them, on both sides, under the thumb of the gun lobby.

The country is a joke.

I did love Bidens presser today though.. he was asked by a dopey journalist “why dont you strike against Russia first”.. as if to suggest the US should attack Russia.. he rolled his eyes, went pfft and said “what a stupid question” and moved on to the next..

But what a moron.. yeah, lets flippantly start WW3 because Putin has a few troops and tanks amassed on the border of the Ukraine!.
I feel physically ill as i agree with some of your comment...i am going to take a RAT test after this post.

WTF would anyone be calling for anyone to strike Russia first..insanity

Just Putin being Putin. He slings his dick out whenever he wants concessions from western powers. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it. If the US military can't hold some shithole in the desert, how is Russia going to go occupying a richer, better armed country with 40 million people who hate them?

Trump was the go to Whaddabout, trotted out when it was impossible to continue to defend (mostly) Denial Andrews.

Now that it's clearly a complete s**t-show under Biden, the urge to whaddabout US politics seems to have lessened somewhat!

Last edited:
Trump was the go to Whaddabout, trotted out when it was impossible to continue to defend (mostly) Denial Andrews.

Now that it's clearly a complete sh*t-show under Biden, the urge to whaddabout US politics seems to has lessened somewhat!
It goes back before that though..go check out the old politics threads to see the sheer volume of posts on him from the usual suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back