May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
First PPV of the year, get excited.

1642764875365.png

Couple of big title fights to finish the night but I think it's a solid card overall. Pereira is on a run and always exciting and I don't think Topuria will be on the prelim card for much longer.

Love the by-play between Francis and Cyril. Clearly have history and clearly never really got on, but both such respectful, good blokes outside the octagon. Extremely interesting fight tactically as well.

Gane and Moreno for me, with little confidence.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Eight of eleven fights feature at least one fighter who doesn't even have a wikipedia page 😂

And one of those fights is immediately prior to the first title fight 🤣

I don't know why but I'm leaning towards Figueiredo.

I cannot split the heavyweights.

Got a strange feeling it won't even be entertaining, either a quick KO or a low volume yawnfest. Hope I'm wrong.

How much are they charging for this in Australia? I heard that in the States it is now $75 trololol.

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Spoke too soon. Weight problems.

Sportsbet offering 2.44 for Figueiredo and 2.18 for Francis. Both seem decent.
Jourdain better get a big payday for that. Makes weight on less than 10 days notice and this guy can't on 2 months.

Would love for it to count as a loss on the record or something like that

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Gane in the main event for me. I see Francis looking to catch Cyril with big counter shots with Gane using his jab, kicks and distance control to his advantage. I don't see it being too exciting, but a decisive decision win for Gane.

Moreno looked like a completely different fighter in the second fight with Figueredo. I think this fight will be much more like their first go around though as I don't think things could really go better for Brandon than they did last time out. I still think Moreno gets it done though.

Really looking forward to seeing Della Maddalena make his debut. He looked fantastic on the contender series against Usman's main training partner. Fingers crossed he can make a splash in 2022

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that is why the names on the card don't really matter. Holy sh*t

Hoping it's one of those sleeper cards where they're all bangers. Great start.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Load up on Gane?
Im just watching as a fan tbh. So many question marks

Does Ngannou want to win or lose and get out of his contract. Does this knee give him a safe excuse for losing and leaving

Ngannou early or Gane late/decision seems the safest theory. JDS landed a couple hooks in exchanges on Gane, if Ngannou does its over

Off that topic. That refereeing was awful there. 6 knockdowns is too much, should have been stopped sooner imo

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gravely is gonna be the next Ryan Bader, happy to grapple dominate and not throw leather, just seems content with decision victories.
Doubt he ever reaches that level tbh. Bader was a legitimate top 3 in his class and has decent wins at the weight above. Gravely isnt doing much imo

Doubt he ever reaches that level tbh. Bader was a legitimate top 3 in his class and has decent wins at the weight above. Gravely isnt doing much imo
Oh I’m a Bader fan but I reckon Gravely will follow the same career path and become a good gatekeeper, he’ll get finished by the next level up and end up at Bellator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back