South Africa v India (3 Test matches, 3 ODIs)

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
How do we reckon South Africa will go when they come here next summer? Still have plenty of quality in their side, and keep finding new players who come in and look promising, they love playing here too. Really hoping it'll be a competitive series, will be great to see guys like Rabada play, seems like an age.

Around the Wicket

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How do we reckon South Africa will go when they come here next summer? Still have plenty of quality in their side, and keep finding new players who come in and look promising, they love playing here too. Really hoping it'll be a competitive series, will be great to see guys like Rabada play, seems like an age.

I don't think there batsmen will hold up against Aussie quicks myself, easy 3-0 win to Australia.

katana

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
i think if we turn out wickets that are doing a bit for the quicks, they have the bowling lineup to expose australia's batting. will be good, low-scoring cricket, i reckon.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
i think if we turn out wickets that are doing a bit for the quicks, they have the bowling lineup to expose australia's batting. will be good, low-scoring cricket, i reckon.

Yes that's my thoughts too, would love to see how their bowlers can fare on some decent decks offering movement and pace etc. If the pitches are flat and roads etc, SA's batting (on paper anyway) is comfortably below Australia's.

To be fair though, and as I was saying throughout this Test series, their batsman grew more assured and confident every innings against world class bowling. So anything is possible - hell India with their 3rd XI conquered the Gabba last year. Anything can happen.

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Their bowlers will do well but I doubt their batsmen will give them enough runs to play with.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
I find it difficult to want De Kock to succeed now that he has given up tests. Probably a me issue rather than his of course.

Back