Player Watch Patrick Parnell - Contract Extension To End of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Doedee even referred to him as a man child in an interview the other day.
Hmm, he has looked light framed to me. One that looks muscly because he's wirey. Perhaps I'm wrong. I'll wait to see some game vision of him in the preseason first before I concede though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, he has looked light framed to me. One that looks muscly because he's wirey. Perhaps I'm wrong. I'll wait to see some game vision of him in the preseason first before I concede though.
Surely you have him mixed up with someone else?

Pictured playing school footy for Caulfield Grammar

2cde302040846fa7a4cbe9b0b2d3a8.jpg

Pictured at AFL Academy training in April 2021

josh-rachele-in-action-during-the-nab-afl-academy-training-session-at-picture-id1232451502

Pictured playing against Geelong AFL mid 2021

38be8ae430cb0a36f62c9f12516343a1

You don't need to wait, just concede now ffs.

We have different ideas about what the term "wirey" means. To me Rachele looks like a medium body size and he will be a beefcake after a few years in the system. He's not far off that point now.

How long until this kid gets a game?
In the past (not sure if we do it currently) but the list managers used to have a team marked up on the whiteboard for 2-3 years down the track, all the player names and positions listed.

We don’t wanna get to the point where some of these talented guys on our list have only 10-20 games to their name in 3 years time.

Brown needs to go imo, Chance takes his position then Parnell plays Chayce’s.

ROB also needs to go, he can’t even jump… biiiig mistake giving him a 5 year contract, he’s not going to exactly learn how to jump higher.

Parnell needs to play asap imo, his kicking skills will be more of a weapon in the AFL compared to the Sanfl.

Brown needs to go imo, Chance takes his position then Parnell plays Chayce’s.
I agree that needs to happen at some point this year. I’d be happy if Brown was gone from the side this week, actually

That said, I’d like to see a good few weeks of high level four-quarter performances before I put Parnell in the side. He was great to start last weekend, but tailed off. I have full confidence he can debut this season, though

Another good performance from young patty. He must be getting close to a gig especially if brown or chayse get injured. He is building a growing resume

He as I have said is a great user of the ball with foot and hand. He has terrific pace and excellent decision making ability. He is very very good in negotiating paths through heavy traffic

He would add some real difference to our side and give us another wonder distributor in the team

I’m all aboard the patty train.

His rich vein of form cannot be ignored for much longer. When the team cops a few injuries or loss of form he would be at the top of my list

At least we have some speed and dare with Patty and Nank coming through .

We simply need to prioritise developing our young core , clear dead wood and target a few A Grade 24-25 yr olds in areas of need over the next couple of seasons and we should be set for a sustained run at finals from 2024 onwards .

Is Nicks the man to deliver success , there are more doubts than definites but judge him at some stage in 2023 .

Time to be a coach and not a mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back