Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me administer my patented Rapid Narcissism Test. Slippery Pete, have you ever posted:

(a) that you hope people die from Covid
(b) that people deserve to die from Covid
(c) that it would be funny if people died from Covid
(d) sfellow sfellow sfellow something Covid something Darwinism sfellow sfellow?

Yet they think they have the moral high ground.

They just totally cast aside the established data that shows Australia’s COVID response has absolutely decimated massive swathes of Australian kids. Attempted suicides, self-harm, isolation, missed medical appointments, two years of stop-start schooling, masks.

Your kid almost has a bigger chance of a ******* air conditioner falling on his head than dying of COVID, but these slobbering delusionals want kids living like they are — in fear, and under the thumb of a nation gripped with Covid psychosis.

Last edited:
Biden is not a good President and will probably end up in the bottom 1/3 when he's judged by history - but Trump was the worst in history, by a wide margin.

CTID's whole "wrecking the country" claim, which he's repeated ad infinitum, is/was/always has been complete & utter garbage. It's pure BDS.

Trumps flaws were many and varied, but a sure sign you’ve been propagandized is a failure to recognize the state the US was in, this time exactly two years ago, before COVID.

On the other hand, Biden’s first 12 months have been the worst of any administration in history.

He’s ****ed up everything he‘s touched, but even if he hadn’t, the Afghanistan situation alone qualifies him as worst ever.

Thirteen troops lost their lives for absolutely no reason, none at all. Just because of his incompetence. Nothing comes close to that.

Last edited:
No it wasn’t. It was about immunocompromised children. But you know this. You just lie anyway.

And I’m still waiting for ADL9798 to give me the stats on where COVID ranks as a cause of death in immunocompromised Australian children.

He’s had all day.
It certainly was.

Page 533.

Read it again.

Yet they think they have the moral high ground.

They just totally cast aside the established data that shows Australia’s COVID response has absolutely decimated massive swathes of Australian kids. Attempted suicides, self-harm, isolation, missed medical appointments, two years of stop-start schooling, masks.

Your kid almost has a bigger chance of a ******* air conditioner falling on his head than dying of COVID, but these slobbering delusionals want kids living like they are — in fear, and under the thumb of a nation gripped with Covid psychosis.
Going to show us those Victorian suicide stats again... you know the the official corner ones which shows overall they reduced by 6% in 2021... yet you are claiming they worse for kids, even though they make up a very small number suicides of the total so it's likely you are making more Slippery claims once again to suit your argument...

Sure schooling has been interrupted as most of us have had to adjust, but how about we stick to real facts rather than slippery ones.

I doubt the parents whose kid died with covid last month shares your thoughts.

Going to show us those Victorian suicide stats again... you know the the official corner ones which shows overall they reduced by 6% in 2021... yet you are claiming they worse for kids, even though they make up a very small number suicides of the total so it's likely you are making more Slippery claims once again to suit your argument...

Sure schooling has been interrupted as most of us have had to adjust, but how about we stick to real facts rather than slippery ones.

On what planet does a person read this and is not only unperturbed, but doesn’t even acknowledge it as fact?

Well, your planet, clearly.

Let me administer my patented Rapid Narcissism Test. Slippery Pete, have you ever posted:

(d) sfellow sfellow sfellow something Covid something Darwinism sfellow sfellow?
Sorry?…. how many in here have said a, b or c?…

* all have.. I dont think anyone other than apparently Val.. and even then, I asked several times for one of those accusing him of this to give us the exact number of the post he said it in and strangely no one could..

I have certainly never said that I hoped people died or they deserved to die or it would be funny.. and I’ve haven't seen any others say that either. you completely made that up and are trying to paint a picture that somehow its being said on numerous occasions in here.

so go on then.. prove it. pull up all these posts where people are saying they hoped people would die and that they deserve to die.. back your accusations up with hard evidence.

I have definitely said the Darwinism thing though but I am being dead serious when I say that and I bet others are too.. no sfellowing about it.. you’ve just added the ”sfellow” bullshit in there yourself to try and prop up this enormous load of crap you’ve decided to accuse others here with.

people who believe the utter BS of the antivax conspiracy theorists and/or actively campaign against the effort to fight this unbelievable health disaster that we’ve been trying to deal with for the past two years that catch covid and die as far as I am concerned deserve no sympathy at all… I have sympathy for their families they leave behind. I also have sympathy for the doctors and nurses that probably busted their guts desperately trying to save these peoples lives.

thats one of the biggest bloody problems with this world right now. people (and their enablers that constantly make excuses for them) don't seem to want to take any personal responsibility for their own actions.

And these actions have consequences. the consequences for some of these ignorant fools has been death. the consequences are our health and hospital systems are stretched even futher than they have to be. the consequences are massive ongoing costs to our ecomomies.

doesnt get any simpler than that and it certainly isn't a laughing matter.

None of those comments (as s**t as they are) are even remotely indicative of narcissism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so go on then.. prove it. pull up all these posts where people are saying they hoped people would die and that they deserve to die.. back your accusations up with hard evidence.
Pretty sure that I have already told you that I'm not going to trawl through the posts of the grubs I have have on ignore to save you the work of doing the same. And as I also said before, you'll see whether the long term posters on here say that they've never seen it if they think I'm wrong.

people who believe the utter BS of the antivax conspiracy theorists and/or actively campaign against the effort to fight this unbelievable health disaster that we’ve been trying to deal with for the past two years that catch covid and die as far as I am concerned deserve no sympathy at all…

Nah, I think they should be afforded some sympathy. It is human nature to trust people in a position of power, and even celebrities. People feel some sort of protection with it because people associate their jobs with money and control. What this pandemic has shown has been a complete failure to lead by many governments and celebrities around the world who decided to abuse their stature and not even follow the most basic of medical advice. One hugely publicised country took the opportunity to make covid a political issue to the point that one party wanted to pretend it didn't exist, and by the time a certain president tried to 'put the genie back in the bottle' it was too late. His supporters had run with the mantra of anti vax, anti mask, anti lock down and everything was a democratic party hoax for control. Make no mistake, the reason the anti vax movement is so strong with this pandemic is because of the many abusing their power to push alternative medicines. Blind loyalty and ignorance has killed millions of people who'd be alive today if they simply had the leader they thought they had.

Pretty sure that I have already told you that I'm not going to trawl through the posts of the grubs I have have on ignore to save you the work of doing the same. And as I also said before, you'll see whether the long term posters on here say that they've never seen it if they think I'm wrong.
nope.. you are insinuating that there are a few people here saying these things. its a ******* disgusting accusation to be levelling at people so you better be ready to back it up with evidence.

hiding behind “lets see what other long term posters here say” as some sort of group think attempt at consensus is just gutless.

I dont need to trawl back through the posts in this thread because I’ve read most of it and already know your full of s**t and its you making the accusations so it on you to back them up.

so, go on, provide us all with the posts you are referring to to make your accusations or delete your comment and apologise to ADL9798 and Kane in particular because they seem to be the ones you and Pete were engaging with at the time you made the accusation.

No problem, just break it down then, rather than using the bulk debt, which a portion you agree with. Let's start with what was inherited, what they tried to trim but were denied in the senate and then remove covid debt. I don't know the end number, but seeing that you have a strong view on their economic management, I expect that you do.

Nice try but not happening sunshine.

Don’t need to remove Covid-19 debt as providing numbers before the pandemic struck. As at September 2013, Government net debt was just under $175b (when ALP left office) and as at December 2019 it was $403b. An increase of 130%.

The facts are there has been no recession, no pandemic, no GFC between 2013-2019, no external shocks plus this is the second highest taxing government to GDP (Howards was the highest).

The measures that were blocked in the Senate in 2014, and rightly so as they went to the 2013 election saying no cuts, and were miniscule in the scheme of things ($5b).

The fact is the Coalition is always said to be the better economic managers but are they? Jury still out on that question.

I agree with the aptness of the "courageous" description but the comment was made by former joint Deputy Chief Medical Officer Nick Coatsworth, usually sneered at by the left because he is rumoured to be a likely Liberal candidate, not the AMA

He has little respect after he said that Covid-19 was not a airborne virus. Lost a significant amount of creditably and therefore the perfect candidate for the Liberal Party and a close friend of Christian Porter (nice mate to have).

I doubt the parents whose kid died with covid last month shares your thoughts.

These clowns actually never provide stats.

Their modus operandi is make an outrageous statement but not back it up with any facts etc.

Either back it up or shut up. Quite simple.

No I didn't!

Never mentioned anything about incorrect advice.

All I mentioned was they were very short staffed & have heard this from the horses mouth.

Your post about the above was as a response to the below post. It's obvious that you're using it as an excuse for providing incorrect advice. Otherwise, why bring it up? You're excusing incompetence, why?

Being through the experience SA Health have done some parts of this extremely well. The above being an example.

One annoying issue is that we made 5 different phone calls to the hotline and we got varying answers around when the 5 of us could leave the house.

We just erred on the side of caution and took the chaps advice that said the longest. As frustrating as it was it wasn’t the end of the world.

Or ' we recognise covid exists and make allowances in our daily lives to minimise risk , to selves and others. '

ADL is very clearly a career public servant and gets off on government being able to toggle restrictions up and down. The thought of the next lockdown being imposed weakens his knees.

So how about your thoughts on the immunocompromised, which is what this discussion was about?

Should they have nothing to fear?

No, they should identify their risk and manage it to the extent they feel they need to. It's not that hard. What clearly didn't work is elimination of the virus to protect them. And nor did getting 70% of 21+ vaccinated to halt the spread. As much as the elimination enthusiasts want to, you can't shut down 99% of society just because 1% has a legitimate to do it to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back