Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it wasn’t. It was about immunocompromised children. But you know this. You just lie anyway.

And I’m still waiting for ADL9798 to give me the stats on where COVID ranks as a cause of death in immunocompromised Australian children.

He’s had all day.

He's a public servant, asking him to perform his job is bullying, you need to cease and desist.

Yet they think they have the moral high ground.

They just totally cast aside the established data that shows Australia’s COVID response has absolutely decimated massive swathes of Australian kids. Attempted suicides, self-harm, isolation, missed medical appointments, two years of stop-start schooling, masks.

Your kid almost has a bigger chance of a ******* air conditioner falling on his head than dying of COVID, but these slobbering delusionals want kids living like they are — in fear, and under the thumb of a nation gripped with Covid psychosis.

we are surely only vaccinating kids based upon the flawed premise that vaccination halts transmission. It cannot be argued that they're actually at risk of serious health issues.

Your post about the above was as a response to the below post. It's obvious that you're using it as an excuse for providing incorrect advice. Otherwise, why bring it up? You're excusing incompetence, why?
Again no you have jumped to a massive conclusion as i never said or inferred what you said.

My post is simply what it is talking about that they are under resourced.

But you do like to distort anything... even such a simple comment into something else... particularly if it meets your all public servants are useless agenda

Last edited:

No, they should identify their risk and manage it to the extent they feel they need to. It's not that hard. What clearly didn't work is elimination of the virus to protect them. And nor did getting 70% of 21+ vaccinated to halt the spread. As much as the elimination enthusiasts want to, you can't shut down 99% of society just because 1% has a legitimate to do it to themselves.
After all of this you didn't actually answer the question at the heart of the discussion.

Do immunocompromised people have anything to fear from covid?

To be fair though, there are people who deliberately caught covid to avoid the vaccine and died. Thats darwinism.
Yep.

It was in the context of the folk singer the other day that deliberately got covid and died and on some occassions where antivaxer/antilockdowner had been very vocal about covid, claiming its just the flu etc etc who had gone on to catch covid and succumb to it that darwinism was raised.

Fortunatecrow has decided to add his own mayo to this and, without any proof, decided that the people saying this are saying it with a grin on their faces.

I can guarantee when I say it I am saying it I’m not smiling at all.. more dispair and dumbfoundedness that people could be so easily brainwashed that its probably costs them their lives.

Also have to take into account some here may not actually believe Darwin’s theory of evolution and the underpinnings of that theory.. they have faith in the alternative.. the “planet is only 7000 years old” one.

s**t.. some still think the earth is flat.

nope.. you are insinuating that there are a few people here saying these things. its a ******* disgusting accusation to be levelling at people so you better be ready to back it up with evidence.

hiding behind “lets see what other long term posters here say” as some sort of group think attempt at consensus is just gutless.

I dont need to trawl back through the posts in this thread because I’ve read most of it and already know your full of sh*t and its you making the accusations so it on you to back them up.

so, go on, provide us all with the posts you are referring to to make your accusations or delete your comment and apologise to ADL9798 and Kane in particular because they seem to be the ones you and Pete were engaging with at the time you made the accusation.
Yes there have been several people who did say those things, in this and the predecessor threads. You've only been on this thread a few months so you have missed some of it but some of it has been in that time.

Fortunatecrow has decided to add his own mayo to this and, without any proof, decided that the people saying this are saying it with a grin on their faces.
The sfellow sfellow stuff is worse but either way it's a nasty thing to say.

Would you walk up to a grieving parent at a funeral and say: "Take consolation from the fact that that your child is now unable to pass their DNA to future generations, so the gene pool will improve?"

I guess this was a different Kane McGoodwin, your twin brother perhaps?
Kane McGoodwin has developed a habit where he responds to a post and when questioned on it, totally ignores the original post and obvious context and demands his post stand alone. Recent evidence is where he chose to quote a post identifying health dept call centre incompetence and just 'randomly' mentions that a mate of his has told him that area is under-resourced. Of course it is totally unrelated to the original post identifying health dept incompetence.

The sfellow sfellow stuff is worse but either way it's a nasty thing to say.

Would you walk up to a grieving parent at a funeral and say: "Take consolation from the fact that that your child is now unable to pass their DNA to future generations, so the gene pool will improve?"
Whether or not you (or I) feel comfortable about the social niceties, the fact remains that the gene pool has been improved as a result of said person's removal from it. It's not a nice thing to say, but that doesn't alter the fact that it's true. Sometimes the truth is uncomfortable.

No it wasn’t. It was about immunocompromised children. But you know this. You just lie anyway.

And I’m still waiting for ADL9798 to give me the stats on where COVID ranks as a cause of death in immunocompromised Australian children.

He’s had all day.

Sincere apologies for keeping you waiting sir. It may surprise you to learn you’re not high on my list of priorities.

In the US (where COVID has been more prevalent and therefore provides a more useful assessment of risk to children and young people than the Australian context where COVID has been largely shut out for most of the past 2 years), 1,139 people under the age of 18, and 6,703 people under the age of 29 have died from COVID, with countless more being diagnosed with long COVID and MIS-C (research suggests this group are likely to experience complications and reduced quality of life for years to come).

COVID-19 sits in the top 10 causes of morbidity and mortality for people in this age group, and while the risk is very low for the majority who are healthy and/or vaccinated (and these people can ‘get on with their lives’ without too much concern), these numbers would undoubtedly concern families with young people who have existing conditions and are already highly vulnerable, particularly those who are unvaccinated.

I certainly wouldn’t call parents of kids with diseases like diabetes or severe respiratory illnesses like asthma ‘delusional’ or ‘psychologically damaged’ (as you’ve put it) for taking reasonable precautions to reduce the likelihood of these kids contracting COVID. Each to their own though.

Last edited:
Kane McGoodwin has developed a habit where he responds to a post and when questioned on it, totally ignores the original post and obvious context and demands his post stand alone. Recent evidence is where he chose to quote a post identifying health dept call centre incompetence and just 'randomly' mentions that a mate of his has told him that area is under-resourced. Of course it is totally unrelated to the original post identifying health dept incompetence.
Lol, you came in part way through 2 conversations... then tried to claim posts were different to what was actually posted or different context or nuance.

The irony.

Whilst many on here are trying to have serious conversations, when you are in your tool man mode, all you are interested is playing games & disruption.

Yeah, I choose to ignore you often when you are in these moods... so here we go again.

Yes there have been several people who did say those things, in this and the predecessor threads. You've only been on this thread a few months so you have missed some of it but some of it has been in that time.
Yet you cant back it up with any evidence can you.

How about you atleast list the names of all these posters who you claim have been saying people dying of covid is funny or that they hoped people would die of covid.

Are ADL9798 and Kane Mc two of these people?..

because, although you seem to now be backpeddling at a rate of knots and trying to weasel your way out of this, it seems for all intensive purposes your comment to Slippery Pete last night was aimed fair and squarely at these two posters as they were who you and Pete were engaged in conversation with at the time..

This may sound dumb and it probably is, but I don’t get the idea of the “peak” when there is so much of the population who are yet to get Covid.

Why does it peak and reduce? Wouldn’t the more people with covid mean more potential contacts? Yes I know they isolate but they may have been in contact with others prior to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again no you have jumped to a massive conclusion as i never said or inferred what you said.

My post is simply what it is talking about that they are under resourced.

But you do like to distort anything... even such a simple comment into something else... particularly if it meets your all public servants are useless agenda

ok, so we agree that there is no excuse for providing incorrect advise in that call centre?

ok, so we agree that there is no excuse for providing incorrect advise in that call centre?
Of course... but again this was nothing to do with my post despite your utmost attempts to claim it was.

More evidence is when he coined the conversation about immunocompromised children and then shifts it to immunocompromised adults.

Because he realizes there is next to zero data on the first set of goalposts.

Most dishonest poster on here by a stretch. Makes Cap look like the local chaplain.

Yet you cant back it up with any evidence can you.

How about you atleast list the names of all these posters who you claim have been saying people dying of covid is funny or that they hoped people would die of covid.

Are ADL9798 and Kane Mc two of these people?..

because, although you seem to now be backpeddling at a rate of knots and trying to weasel your way out of this, it seems for all intensive purposes your comment to Slippery Pete last night was aimed fair and squarely at these two posters as they were who you and Pete were engaged in conversation with at the time..
I have never wished anyone dead.

I have commented on unvaxxed people who have died unnecessarily from covid... including many who have admitted they got it critically wrong on their death bed.

I haven't danced on anyone's grave.

This may sound dumb and it probably is, but I don’t get the idea of the “peak” when there is so much of the population who are yet to get Covid.

Why does it peak and reduce? Wouldn’t the more people with covid mean more potential contacts? Yes I know they isolate but they may have been in contact with others prior to that.
Not a dumb question at all.. I’ve been thinking the same.

The virus is out there floating around in the community with 100’s of thousands of people infected with it at any one time.. many of these people asymptomatic and just going about their business unaware they have it.. I’m not seeing how this simply wont continue for weeks/months/years..

How is this virus going to peak and, given it can reinfect those who have already been infected, going to just go away or turn endemic?..

That Norman Swan bloke on ABC radio said the other day that we are all hoping it is going to turn endemic but there is actually absolutely no evidence whatsoever that it will yet and theres no evidence at all that the next variant (which will come) will be less mild than the ones we have floating around now like Omicron.

We’re all just hoping…

But what do you do?.. gotta keep living your life..

After all of this you didn't actually answer the question at the heart of the discussion.

Do immunocompromised people have anything to fear from covid?

yes, they absolutely do. Never thought this was in doubt. Certainly nothing quoted by SP suggests he thinks different to me. Immunocompromised have reason to fear many things, not just covid.

He's a public servant, asking him to perform his job is bullying, you need to cease and desist.

Worth remembering ‘public servants’ includes doctors, nurses, paramedics, police, teachers, etc who in my experience are as highly trained and hard working as anyone, so I have to say I find your derogatory use of this term kind of amusing, and suggestive of some sizeable insecurities on your part.

As irrelevant as it is to discussion in an online forum, I’m perfectly comfortable that my profession and the people I work with are net contributors to society. I hope you can say the same.

More evidence is when he coined the conversation about immunocompromised children and then shifts it to immunocompromised adults.

Because he realizes there is next to zero data on the first set of goalposts.

Most dishonest poster on here by a stretch. Makes Cap look like the local chaplain.
Does it really matter... as all immunocompromised people - kids & adults - needs to be very careful in a time of covid, given they are high risk.

I originally raised it for kids, ponting out to you that they & their families do have a good reason to be fearful... as you were claiming no one should live in fear.

I have never wished anyone dead.

I have commented on unvaxxed people who have died unnecessarily from covid... including many who have admitted they got it critically wrong on their death bed.

I haven't danced on anyone's grave.
I know. Nor have I seen ADL9798 say anything of the sort. Thats why Fortunatecrows insunuation during the conversation of yours, ADL9798, SP’s and FC was all the more astounding…

yes, they absolutely do. Never thought this was in doubt. Certainly nothing quoted by SP suggests he thinks different to me. Immunocompromised have reason to fear many things, not just covid.
Good to see Slippery has changed his mind & agreed with this post.

I know. Nor have I seen ADL9798 say anything of the sort. Thats why Fortunatecrows insunuation during the conversation of yours, ADL9798, SP’s and FC was all the more astounding…
There is nothing callous about pointing out the utter lunacy and the potentially dreadful consequences of being an anti-vaxer during a global pandemic. The fact he's casting aspersions on people who merely point out real world examples of these consequences, says more about him than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back