Training 2021/22 Preseason Thread Lessssf*ngo

Remove this Banner Ad

Unconfirmed rumour but was told when latest bout of Covid infection hit Melbourne FC Gawn told playing group that anyone who was not infected in two weeks was not playing the team game.

Can confirm that Richmond are also taking the same approach, virtually encouraging the mens team to get it in the next few weeks - and not letting the AFL and AFLW teams near each other

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Never underestimate the invincibility mindset of young, extremely fit young men.
I think im gunna go with not understimating the odds of people making s**t up and posting it here.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How many of our guys have had it?
about 50%
1642900454808.png

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So the other 50% didn't get invited to the 🥳

It's risky, but there's some validity to building a natural immunity
Natural immunity lasts a few months apparently and provides no guarantee of reinfection, especially with Omicron.

I know a guy who had alpha and still has some ongoing issues who refuses to get vaccinated because he believes he is now immune. Just won't listen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nugget 83

Photographer
Jan 14, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Early data showing Omicron infection gives good protection against all strains. Delta infection provides no protection against Omicron.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

It didnt do much good for Novac.
42 on the list if they all get it, the chances of one ending up very sick are significant.
No they aren't. They are trivial and even more so if they're all vaccinated.

Early data showing Omicron infection gives good protection against all strains. Delta infection provides no protection against Omicron.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Also that vaccination provides good protection against hospitalisation and illness even with Omicron. Especially between 2 weeks and 5 weeks after vaccination (iirc maybe some other time frame). So if its inevitable you'll be exposed, which may be the case for players, then there will be a best time to be infected. So maybe its worth trying to control that to your advantage.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think you’ll find that heathy guys of there age have a really minuscule chance of suffering anything more than flu like symptoms. The leading argument for people like this to get Vaxed is to reduce chance of spreading the virus more than anything else.

Point being - I don’t think they will fear contracting the virus. More likely they’d fear passing it on to friends, family, workplace

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Morning all,

Apologies for the late report - I went down Friday to see how the boys were looking and stayed until around 11. Report is a little thin as I was also wrangling a 2 year old at the same time :)

Biggest take away from Friday's session was what looked like an increased emphasis on running and ability to spread and work around the ground. If this is a significant improvement to last year, that will be a huge plus for the club. From there I reckon ball use will be the next highest priority.

Overall the effort was great and the boys look very close - even Polec's getting in on the cuddles :p

The players I managed to look at a bit are as follows:

TT - just cruised around and made it look easy for the most part. Lovely execution.
CCJ - interesting kicking action on the run, but seemed effective enough. Didn't see any real ruck work so can't comment, but will be a nice addition for his size up foward for sure.
LDU - I think people are expecting him to show in pre-season that he's going to have a Petracca-like year. I'm going to wait for the first few rounds to see what his mentality is like. Body is now there, so does he believe he can? We shall see. Execution was much better than what I've been hearing on here too. Didn't miss too many.
Jy - looks ready and raring to go. Solid hitout. Captain in waiting.
JHF - the aura is real, that's for sure. Once out of the rehab group, looked extremely comfortable around seasoned bodies. Does not have the body of an 18yo.
New Curtis - this one really surprised me. Played above his height more than once and had great energy. Reckon he could debut early.
Polec - looks in a good place. Good energy and ball use. Interesting to see if he can find a way back in to the side.
Xerri - looks VERY fit compared to last year. Moved really well and actually used it well too. Going to be some good competition for spots I reckon.
Turner - word that comes to mind is one Noble has preached - flexible. Will be extremely useful to plug a few holes when required. Looks in great condition and used it well.
Hall - kicking was pretty solid throughout from what I saw. Most things went through him in each drill. Will continue to be a key cog until Perez (or similar) are ready to take over.
Goater - could definitely be special in a few years. No idea where his best position is #utility. Will play in 2022.
Perez - If he can stay on the park, I'm convinced he's Hall's successor. Pace, ball use, IQ.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Morning all,

Apologies for the late report - I went down Friday to see how the boys were looking and stayed until around 11. Report is a little thin as I was also wrangling a 2 year old at the same time :)

Biggest take away from Friday's session was what looked like an increased emphasis on running and ability to spread and work around the ground. If this is a significant improvement to last year, that will be a huge plus for the club. From there I reckon ball use will be the next highest priority.

Overall the effort was great and the boys look very close - even Polec's getting in on the cuddles :p

The players I managed to look at a bit are as follows:

TT - just cruised around and made it look easy for the most part. Lovely execution.
CCJ - interesting kicking action on the run, but seemed effective enough. Didn't see any real ruck work so can't comment, but will be a nice addition for his size up foward for sure.
LDU - I think people are expecting him to show in pre-season that he's going to have a Petracca-like year. I'm going to wait for the first few rounds to see what his mentality is like. Body is now there, so does he believe he can? We shall see. Execution was much better than what I've been hearing on here too. Didn't miss too many.
Jy - looks ready and raring to go. Solid hitout. Captain in waiting.
JHF - the aura is real, that's for sure. Once out of the rehab group, looked extremely comfortable around seasoned bodies. Does not have the body of an 18yo.
New Curtis - this one really surprised me. Played above his height more than once and had great energy. Reckon he could debut early.
Polec - looks in a good place. Good energy and ball use. Interesting to see if he can find a way back in to the side.
Xerri - looks VERY fit compared to last year. Moved really well and actually used it well too. Going to be some good competition for spots I reckon.
Turner - word that comes to mind is one Noble has preached - flexible. Will be extremely useful to plug a few holes when required. Looks in great condition and used it well.
Hall - kicking was pretty solid throughout from what I saw. Most things went through him in each drill. Will continue to be a key cog until Perez (or similar) are ready to take over.
Goater - could definitely be special in a few years. No idea where his best position is #utility. Will play in 2022.
Perez - If he can stay on the park, I'm convinced he's Hall's successor. Pace, ball use, IQ.
the report is ok I guess, the real issue is whether the two year old had the colours on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back