Fixture BBL 2021/22 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not a fan of : Travis head, Nathan Lyon (who played the 14th game), Labuschagne (who played Brisbanes 14th game), Carey or Jhye being considered. I know Boland played 1 game earlier in the campaign- still I have my questions on whether he should be part of it.

Definitely needs a cut off, and if the players dont have enough to fill in with players- because of a situation like covid, then you go to the recruitment pool.
Unfair to exclude Jhye who was stuck carrying drinks for 4 of the 5 tests.

Unfair to exclude Jhye who was stuck carrying drinks for 4 of the 5 tests.
It seems like Cricket Australia are making rules along the way. How about we say you cant participate in the BBL finals, if you have played 3+ Test matches or 60% or more of Australian national fixtures over the last 12 months?

I mean I dont think Cricket Australia want to make it super difficult for the audience or viewers but where we draw the line is a difficult one.

If I was : Tye, Kelly, The Dorff, Lance Morris I would be pretty nervous and a tad angry if my spot were given up after playing the majority of the whole campaign. Obviously you want your best team out there but it throws up the issue of integrity and team harmony. You would be filthy if you were one of those players and had to make way for Jhye.

It seems like Cricket Australia are making rules along the way. How about we say you cant participate in the BBL finals, if you have played 3+ Test matches or 60% or more of Australian national fixtures over the last 12 months?

I mean I dont think Cricket Australia want to make it super difficult for the audience or viewers but where we draw the line is a difficult one.

If I was : Tye, Kelly, The Dorff, Lance Morris I would be pretty nervous and a tad angry if my spot were given up after playing the majority of the whole campaign. Obviously you want your best team out there but it throws up the issue of integrity and team harmony. You would be filthy if you were one of those players and had to make way for Jhye.
No, you wouldn't be. Give me a break. It's cricket, you know it's a chance to happen. Remember that these guys are professional sportspeople, they would be naive to think that Richardson was no chance of coming back.

Im not a fan of : Travis head, Nathan Lyon (who played the 14th game), Labuschagne (who played Brisbanes 14th game), Carey or Jhye being considered. I know Boland played 1 game earlier in the campaign- still I have my questions on whether he should be part of it.

Definitely needs a cut off, and if the players dont have enough to fill in with players- because of a situation like covid, then you go to the recruitment pool.

Why? They’re contracted players, their franchises have carried a list spot for them whilst away on international duties.

Lisa and Hodgey solution to BBL12:

View attachment 1314342

Hodgey suggests reducing the teams from 8 to 6. Reckons there should be only 1 Melbourne team and 1 Sydney team.
Reduce to a seven round season, everyone plays each other once, season starts mid December and ends late January.

Move and rename one Sydney and one Melbourne team. Canberra Thunder (home games at Manuka) and Geelong Renegades (home games at GMHBA).

Get rid of the top 5 finals format and reduce it to top 4, get rid of the 'Eliminator' and have it 3v4. also * the bonus "boost" point right off.

Hodge makes a good point, the salary cap of the big bash prize money isnt quite there. Maybe abolishing 2 teams with a total combined cap of $3.5-$3.6 million and putting a greater prize pool for winners would attract more interest for players.
Reducing teams just makes the most sense all round. They got away with it early on because of the novelty of having a “rivalry” between two teams from the big cities. The interest has definitely waned and I think we need to go back to a 1 team per state setup.

• A more concentrated domestic talent pool
  • More money per club to attract better overseas players
  • A more defined supporter base in Sydney and Melbourne. Only one team to follow.
  • Less games, which livens the season up a bit more with every game counting more than it does now. Was much more engaging back in the 7 games each days.

You just don’t see it happening even with the overwhelming logic supporting the case. They’ll be as stubborn as the AFL, thinking more is better. In the short term it probably will be, but long term it’ll slowly die and they’ll keep inventing new rules to make it “exciting” rather than address the real issues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sort of flabbergasted the Final isn't on Saturday

Does that time slot clash with Kalgoorlie vs Victor Harbour in the AFLW?

I'm sort of flabbergasted the Final isn't on Saturday

Does that time slot clash with Kalgoorlie vs Victor Harbour in the AFLW?
Yeah for sure. I would usually look at travelling to the final if my team was in it and was interstate. Unfortunately, I can’t when I have to work on a Friday!

Keep it going until Footy starts I say

Who wants this s**t to stop?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back