The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

The greatest 115th ranked player there has ever been.

Not sure if tongue in cheek or not but he absolutely is. If he was playing just about anyone else other than Medevdev last night he wipes the floor with them.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Really? Think he's settled down a lot the last few years. What makes you say that?

When the crowd tried to put Medvedev off he even had a go at the crowd for being unsporting.
Definitely calmed a bit, but he blew up at the umpire over something even the comms pointed he was in the wrong about.

Definitely calmed a bit, but he blew up at the umpire over something even the comms pointed he was in the wrong about.

Fair enough, but a lot of players are like that. Medvedev post match cracked the shits at the crowd for example. It's a high pressure environment, not everyone's a Federer.

Would love to see Kyrgios get his fitness up we can see him win/fight back in five sets. He’s ‘I’m-not-too-fussed’ attitude seems a safety mechanism as he loathes losing so much. Think he’ll regret it once his career’s over. Because for a guy with a 220+kmh serve and his ground shots he really should win a lot more tournaments and a grand slam.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Fair enough, but a lot of players are like that. Medvedev post match cracked the shits at the crowd for example. It's a high pressure environment, not everyone's a Federer.
Yeah guess so.

Yeah saw the interview. But bloody hell, he is ice cool on court.

Kyrgios could easily be top 5 just on talent, dude is a machine.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Not sure if tongue in cheek or not but he absolutely is. If he was playing just about anyone else other than Medevdev last night he wipes the floor with them.

I just think it’s time for Kyrgios to turn the talent into titles. I don’t know what’s holding him back but he should be winning tournaments at this stage of his career. Still a young person so he’s got time on his side I guess.

I don't think Kyrgios has the motivation to be what people want him to. Think he's happy playing in Aus, maybe playing a couple of tournaments elsewhere, but he's the sort of player where he's happy to just rock up and play.

Guys like Popyrin, De Minaur, and a few others are where the real hope for titles will come from, but Demon needs to step up sharpish if that's to be the case. He's already well off the pace of his contemporaries.

I don't think Kyrgios has the motivation to be what people want him to. Think he's happy playing in Aus, maybe playing a couple of tournaments elsewhere, but he's the sort of player where he's happy to just rock up and play.

Guys like Popyrin, De Minaur, and a few others are where the real hope for titles will come from, but Demon needs to step up sharpish if that's to be the case. He's already well off the pace of his contemporaries.
De Minaur's physicality used to hurt him but he's improving his shot power which he desperately needed. Having covid backend of past year didn't help either.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
I think Kyrgios seems to be in a pretty good place right now. He seems happy and has things away from the game that keep him busy and interested. He might not become the best/most consistent player he possibly could have but moments like last night might be enough for him.

It could even set him up better for life after tennis as opposed to some who retire and don’t have anything outside of the professional athlete bubble to go to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Mum had Bat out of hell on vinyl that used to get flogged. I reckon I know it all word from word still and I haven't listened to it for decades.
Great song.

Hot Summer Night, I would do anything for love, Two out of three ain't bad all great tracks too.

Mum had Bat out of hell on vinyl that used to get flogged. I reckon I know it all word from word still and I haven't listened to it for decades.
Plus the cassette tape for listening on the road.

Back