Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

NOTE: No jokes about sexual assault or the alleged victim. Keep it clean, civil and remember Jordan De Goey has only been charged at this stage and NOT found guilty of anything.

Last edited:

daicosdemis

All Australian
Jul 5, 2011
Ascot Vale
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
AEK,Chelsea fc
It amazes me that someone will excuse and normalise abhorrent behaviour of a player simply because that player is with the team they support.

I don’t have any friends who have been accused of, let alone convicted, of crimes like these “good blokes”.

It’s not normal to have even allegations of this sort of thing, and they are not “good blokes”.

Your misguided defense of Swan is based on the fact he played for your club. Nothing else.
Nope. I'm just not prepared to give a life sentence to every youngster that has ever done something stupid.
All this " I don’t have any friends who have been accused of, let alone convicted, of crimes". Yeah, no s**t.
Most of you don't have any friends to start with, or ever go out at night., that's why you're so detached from reality.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Nope. I'm just not prepared to give a life sentence to every youngster that has ever done something stupid.
All this " I don’t have any friends who have been accused of, let alone convicted, of crimes". Yeah, no sh*t.
Most of you don't have any friends to start with, or ever go out at night., that's why you're so detached from reality.
You’ve convinced me, three on one bashings of middle aged cleaners and various assault charges are completely normal stuff to be proud of.

You’re a bit of a loser if you haven’t been arrested a few times.

daicosdemis

All Australian
Jul 5, 2011
Ascot Vale
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
AEK,Chelsea fc
You’ve convinced me, three on one bashings of middle aged cleaners and various assault charges are completely normal stuff to be proud of.

You’re a bit of a loser if you haven’t been arrested a few times.
Lol, your words, not mine.

Profop

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
All this " I don’t have any friends who have been accused of, let alone convicted, of crimes". Yeah, no sh*t.
Jesus thinking that people who go out at night with friends and also don’t know anyone who has been accused of a crime must be detached from reality is actually heartbreaking

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
AFL rule 1.A

Good player = green light

Carry on …
AFL Fan rule 1.A
Knows nothing what actually happened, thinks that they know, hates the player because that player dominated team that they support, proceeds to judge and jury themselves... despite again not knowing a single thing.

They have the entire incident on camera.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
AFL Fan rule 1.A
Knows nothing what actually happened, thinks that they know, hates the player because that player dominated team that they support, proceeds to judge and jury themselves... despite again not knowing a single thing.

They have the entire incident on camera.

AFL fan rule 1.B = unconditional support of good player.
The default position of the brain dead and the lazy …

daicosdemis

All Australian
Jul 5, 2011
Ascot Vale
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
AEK,Chelsea fc
Jesus thinking that people who go out at night with friends and also don’t know anyone who has been accused of a crime must be detached from reality is actually heartbreaking
What's heart-breaking is that you find something so trivial heart-breaking
How can you possibly go out regularly and not meet people from all walks of life ? Its literally impossible.
What the hell do you do ? Sit in some dark corner, not daring to talk to anyone you don't know ?

Profop

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
What's heart-breaking is that you find something so trivial heart-breaking
How can you possibly go out regularly and not meet people from all walks of life ? Its literally impossible.
What the hell do you do ? Sit in some dark corner, not daring to talk to anyone you don't know ?
So it’s actually quite difficult to find the stats on the percentage of the population that’s committed a crime

Based on 2020 statistics 1.5% of the population were charged that year. Granted year on year that percentage would rise but not to levels where you’d expect it to be a given that everyone knows someone charged with a crime

If your situation is that it seems unbelievable anyone could go through life without knowing a criminal then I feel sorry for you

daicosdemis

All Australian
Jul 5, 2011
Ascot Vale
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
AEK,Chelsea fc
So it’s actually quite difficult to find the stats on the percentage of the population that’s committed a crime

Based on 2020 statistics 1.5% of the population were charged that year. Granted year on year that percentage would rise but not to levels where you’d expect it to be a given that everyone knows someone charged with a crime

If your situation is that it seems unbelievable anyone could go through life without knowing a criminal then I feel sorry for you
1.5% year on year gives us a frickin huge percentage, even allowing for repeat offenders.

Just some random facts from ABS -

-
  • Two in five Australian adults had experienced violence since age of 15.
  • One in six women and one in seventeen men experienced partner violence.
  • One in two women and one in four men had experienced sexual harassment.
  • One in six women and one in ten men experienced abuse before age of 15.
I hope you and your post liking mates are just liars, because if you're not, then you're a bunch of social pariahs.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
1.5% year on year gives us a frickin huge percentage, even allowing for repeat offenders.

Just some random facts from ABS -

-
  • Two in five Australian adults had experienced violence since age of 15.
  • One in six women and one in seventeen men experienced partner violence.
  • One in two women and one in four men had experienced sexual harassment.
  • One in six women and one in ten men experienced abuse before age of 15.
I hope you and your post liking mates are just liars, because if you're not, then you're a bunch of social pariahs.

1.5% is not a huge percentage, unless you accept 98.5% is a tiny percentage.

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Looking forward to the footy media once more framing a player being mildly inconvenienced by acting like a dickhead and then being allowed to play on without any further sanctions as some kind of 'redemption arc'. The festival of sycophancy in the week after he kicks his first big bag of goals is going to be ******* insufferable.
Another proud moment for the club?

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've gone through the New Testament and cannot find this anywhere. Please show me where Jesus had these thoughts.

Last edited:

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood

Those friends of yours who are very quiet….they are the ones you need to look very closely at.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’ve never really understood why Collingwood show so much patience with De Goey. People comparing him to Dusty are dreaming, he’s not even Jake Stringer. Every indication I’ve seen is that he’s a cocky little FIGJAM too. Must be a great influence on a young team trying to push back up the ladder.

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ve never really understood why Collingwood show so much patience with De Goey. People comparing him to Dusty are dreaming, he’s not even Jake Stringer. Every indication I’ve seen is that he’s a cocky little FIGJAM too. Must be a great influence on a young team trying to push back up the ladder.
I have a feeling if he sexually harasses a female club employee he would be shown the door.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have a feeling if he sexually harasses a female club employee he would be shown the door.
Yeah but as long as they’re not employees he can go as far as sexually assaulting them with no repercussions right?
I acknowledge the cheap shot at Freo but we’ve actually realised culture is important and cut all of the cancerous dickheads out of our club, both on and off field.

Back