BBL The Knockout Sydney Thunder v Adelaide Strikers @ the MCG Sun 23 Jan 1845 ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh the toss is critical, but I feel Perth are more likely to be able to win losing the toss than either potential opponent. They are the clear stand out with the Sixers being a bit shaky recently.
Yeah was just reminiscing about how we picked against the conditions and against our form last year because we were deadset on it raining and wanted to chase a DLS

It royally screwed us

6ers were hit with covid late weren't they?
I think they copped the Edwards brothers with COVID, and from memory lost a key batsman like half hour before their match which would have thrown them a bit. Still a very capable side though depending on the lineup available.

A team that has Sams and Cutting in the top 6 shouldn’t be winning this comp. Glad they’re gone

Sams 0/47 and 1 (2) makes you smile 😊

Did lol though that after Sam’s took the catch, an over after dropping a soda, the commentators were talking him up stepping up in the big game, yeah he really stood up with bat and ball 😂😂

Momentum means alot in T20s.. Strikers will beat Sixers but the final will be a good one.

You see this argument every year in the AFL finals where people actually think the team who scraped into 8th and upset 5th are going to go on and beat the side who was clearly in the top 4 all season long and lost to another top 4 team in week one.

its one of those LBWs where if it’s not given in a club game when teams are umpiring themselves it will lead to fights!

I know, I was umpiring Sub Turf when I was 18 and I hated having to adjudicate on LBs, because you could feel 11 people turning on you if you didn't give the decision they wanted

Really enjoyed the rest of it though

Especially getting into proper position for a run out. I always made sure I did and made the correct decision every time. I know this because I never had any negative feedback when I gave run outs.

Nowadays, umpys get the biggest cop out ever with run outs with third umpire because they have a safety net

I shake my head when a guy is out by the length of the Flemington straight and they still send it upstairs

Last edited:
I think they copped the Edwards brothers with COVID, and from memory lost a key batsman like half hour before their match which would have thrown them a bit. Still a very capable side though depending on the lineup available.
Yep & they lost Steve Smith, due to not signing him, Oh.

The decision decided the season for 2 sides. Thunder definitely would have won.
I didn't know the rule, but if it is true that if any part of the ball touched the grass it's not out, IMO it looks like that clearly happened.

That's cricket though, you get some your way and you get some against you.

It's not a great look for the competition though some of the standard of umpiring we've seen, even with review.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The decision decided the season for 2 sides. Thunder definitely would have won.

Maybe but there was the incorrect no ball call where Ross hit a six off the free hit. I think in the end their fielding cost the Thunder. Even with Khawaja in I still think we had a few to many as the new batsman still came in made runs.

I
Not out if laws of the game we’re followed.
I have no dog in the fight.

My take on it is, once the soft signal was given out, there has to be conclusive evidence the
ball hit the grass.

On one angle it looks like it might've of, another angle it looked as if the fingers were under the ball.
So not conclusive in my mind.

If you get rid of the soft signal, the 3rd umpire gives it not out.

a44b5417ee653993f3314c08b59968d8.jpg

This is the BBL|11 team voted by the coaches

Sent from my Louis Vuitton Jaffle Maker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back