List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just won a bet with myself that some genius would come up with this scintillating joke. Just amazing work pissing on players who have to play on a part time basis in a league that is a handful of years old. Top marks for your rapier sharp wit.
What was the joke?

Just won a bet with myself that some genius would come up with this scintillating joke. Just amazing work pissing on players who have to play on a part time basis in a league that is a handful of years old. Top marks for your rapier sharp wit.
I just won two bets with myself.
Someone would come up with a joke and then someone would get offended.

Did an interesting exercise on the main board recently, breaking down the 22 into sections.

B: Hardwick(25), Hartigan(30), DGB(19)

HB: Scrimshaw(23), Sicily(27), Jiath(22)

C: Bramble(24), Wingard(28), Day (20)

HF:
Gunston(30), Koschitzke(20), Moore(22)

F: Bruest(31), Lewis(23), Brockman(19)

Foll: Reeves(23) O'Meara(28) Mitchell(28)

Int: McEvoy(32), Worpel(22), Impey(26), Ward(18)

Green = In their prime. 23-28 years old.
Red = Needs replacing soon. 29+
White = to early to make a call on. 22 and under
Bold = Top 15 picks.

Biggest question marks on players like Phillips, Howe, Shiels and Frost, and whether we see them much when DGB, Maginness, Ward, MacDonald, Newcombe and others will probably be given games ahead of them in my opinion. So I left them out, but still couldn't fit Nash, Newk and Maginness in, who I think Sam will most likely play early.

Overall, really happy with how our list is shaping up after it looked very top heavy only two off seasons ago.

We don't have a Hartigan replacement on the list yet, but as good as they've been, if Gunston, Breust and McEvoy retired at the end of the year we've at least got understudies who've shown some promise in Jeka/Kosi, Brockman/Moore and Reeves/Lynch already on the list.

So I think a tall defender is definitely needed at the end of 2022.

Different players with different roles. It’s frost v dgb for mine.

Typically yes - but Frost is the same height and practically the same weight as Hartigan so I don’t think it would be a huge stretch for him to play fullback. He’s a much better player than Hartigan so he’d be my preference.

The possible best 22 SYL has posted has shown one thing however - Box Hill is going to be extremely fun to watch this year.

Two separate training reports have noted Callow outbodying Hartigan. If Hartigan can't handle a 19 year old Box Hill player I am not convinced he has a role in the best 22.
This is a pretty bad take to be honest. No defender is going to win 100% of contests against tall forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If all our flankers and rebounding defenders are good to go I can’t see Hartigan getting picked before Frost.

Hartigan is a far better lock down gorilla defender. They are not like for like for mine.

I don't see how we would not play Hartigan unless McEvoy played a kick behind the play.

Will be very interesting to see what Mitchell does and if he does anything materially different to Clarko re personnel in positions.

Lots of people have Day on a wing but read somewhere he is training with the defenders, so will be interesting to see who gets the starting wing spots.

Did an interesting exercise on the main board recently, breaking down the 22 into sections.

HF:

Bold = Top 15 picks.

Biggest question marks on players like Phillips, Howe, Shiels and Frost, and whether we see them much when DGB, Maginness, Ward, MacDonald, Newcombe and others will probably be given games ahead of them in my opinion. So I left them out, but still couldn't fit Nash, Newk and Maginness in, who I think Sam will most likely play early.

Overall, really happy with how our list is shaping up after it looked very top heavy only two off seasons ago.

We don't have a Hartigan replacement on the list yet, but as good as they've been, if Gunston, Breust and McEvoy retired at the end of the year we've at least got understudies who've shown some promise in Jeka/Kosi, Brockman/Moore and Reeves/Lynch already on the list.

Only qualm I have here is that I'd put money on Breust playing til 36.

Only qualm I have here is that I'd put money on Breust playing til 36.
Yeah the rules were set out by a north poster and I think it’s a bit of a general claim that plays at 30 drop off a cliff despite us knowing that that’s not always the case at all.

Hartigan is a far better lock down gorilla defender. They are not like for like for mine.

I don't see how we would not play Hartigan unless McEvoy played a kick behind the play.

Will be very interesting to see what Mitchell does and if he does anything materially different to Clarko re personnel in positions.

Lots of people have Day on a wing but read somewhere he is training with the defenders, so will be interesting to see who gets the starting wing spots.

Might be a horses for courses thing - Hartigan gets the call ups when a side has a huge key forward we need to contend with but for sides without a dominant key forward he is not as required. Personally I don't see how Frost gets left out when he finished high in our B/F last year and despite the occasional blemish has been one of our most consistent players the past 2 years. I absolutely share SYL's view though that a gorilla defender should be a focus at the next draft. Dream scenario is that Darcy Moore wants out of Collingwood and we finally pay overs to get a free agent.

Agree on Day - I wouldn't have him in the midfield just yet. I love watching him play as he has been rebounding off the half back line and just tearing it up the wings. Him on one side and CJ on the other would have teams sweating.

HF:

Bold = Top 15 picks.

Lynch more likely to be in our 22 than Reeves perhaps?

HF:

Bold = Top 15 picks.

With a whole bunch of tall forwards jostling to get in the team you wonder whether one can be thrown back …

Lynch more likely to be in our 22 than Reeves perhaps?

Unless Lynch has a monster pre-season and kills it in the practice games I would have thought Reeves is ahead in the pecking order and Lynch will need to bide his time until Big Boy calls it a day.

Unless Lynch has a monster pre-season and kills it in the practice games I would have thought Reeves is ahead in the pecking order and Lynch will need to bide his time until Big Boy calls it a day.

Not sure. Lynch looks far more versatile than Reeves and Sammy might like the fact he can go forward and give Lewis and Kosi a rest and be a genuine forward.

Cannot wait to see what he is like in the pre-season games. Am never a fan of drawing too much on a highlights video e.g. his performance against Max Gawn.

Not sure. Lynch looks far more versatile than Reeves and Sammy might like the fact he can go forward and give Lewis and Kosi a rest and be a genuine forward.

Cannot wait to see what he is like in the pre-season games. Am never a fan of drawing too much on a highlights video e.g. his performance against Max Gawn.

Much like any of our draftees leap-frogging established HFC I am absolutely here for newer players coming on strong - so if he overtakes Reeves that's only a good thing for the club. A genuine competition for sports is absolutely huge for us at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back