Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly 2 years since the first COVID case was reported in Australia. A little bit has happened since then.......

tumblr_prq2i1g3cX1uzae1ko1_500.gifv

PCo4.gif

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have tested negative again on day 6. I want to thank you all for your kind words and support.. oh that’s right you didn’t anyway I’m free as of tomorrow woo hoo. Just in time to return to work on Thursday yay.

But seriously it was good news that we had a positive case in his room with his own bathroom and 3 others in the house who didn’t get it.
Oh how the other side live with two bathrooms
Glad you are through it

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Let’s compare a closed atmosphere environment where the air is constantly being fed through multiple filtration systems that include carbon dioxide absorption in equipment that cost billions of dollars to your regular standard consumer HEPA filtration systems that attempt to filter ambient air.

Of course it’s possible to filter out particulates less than 0.3 microns. Anything is possible - it is not realistic. But in communist journalism land, where people work for free and money is no object, I guess there’s a loose definition of “realism”.
Lol
‘Communist ‘ now. Janus really has swallowed the far right agenda hook line and sinker🤣

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol.

Let's waste our ******* money on air purifiers that remove particulates at 0.3 microns when the virus itself is 0.14 microns.

It's more like 'How can we use this to fu** over the Liberal government more?'
An article you need to read to refresh your memory:

Take your observations to NASA for validation.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
South Africa last 7 days.

January 24
1,332 new cases and 88 new deaths

January 23
1,931 new cases and 114 new deaths

January 22
3,049 new cases and 114 new deaths

January 21
3,519 new cases and 103 new deaths

January 20
3,960 new cases and 139 new deaths

January 19
4,322 new cases and 156 new deaths

January 18
3,657 new cases and 100 new deaths

You look at cases reported and deaths and the ratio of deaths to cases would possibly suggest there is a issue with testing.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

January 24

January 23

January 22

January 21

January 20

January 19

January 18

You look at cases reported and deaths and the ratio of deaths to cases would possibly suggest there is a issue with testing.
There will be a delay in deaths from cases though. Deaths should heavily trail the case amounts.

ie:
1643074563410.png

If you took the numbers and lined up say Jan 4 cases with Jan 18 deaths that might get closer to estimating ratios?

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
January 4th

Cases 8078
Deaths 139
I had a quick go at lining the data up and its very difficult due to nobody really knowing the lag time on cases to deaths with Omicron. I saw one article that suggested an 8 day lag time but I think it was for the earlier variants. If we assume we need to push that out for Omicron due to the mildness and increased resilience I made a very rough estimate of 25 days to line it up - this was total guesswork though based on trying to find a pattern that fit the data...

1643076886471.png

Edit: I guess my point here isn't that the above is particularly good or accurate, but that its very difficult to say and certainly looks within the realms of possibility.

Lol
‘Communist ‘ now. Janus really has swallowed the far right agenda hook line and sinker🤣

Communist = believes in a fantasy land where money is no object and that people will work for free so that what can be done with equipment designed to operate in space with a budget that runs in the billions can be done everywhere.

People need to get in the real world and stop posting articles from NASA about the efficiency of their HEPA filters as if they mean anything to the HEPA filters installed anywhere else. Completely different application, completely different environment. It's like saying you can travel from Adelaide to Melbourne in 11-12 minutes by plane because the SR-71 Blackbird can travel at 3,500 km/h. Completely unrealistic and disingenuous to even mention it.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

January 24

January 23

January 22

January 21

January 20

January 19

January 18

In USA I think if you are past 28 days after a covid19 diagnosis, even if still in ICU or hospital, it is not registered as a covid death for official figures. A bit weird when death can lag infection by a fairly long time in some cases.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Communist = believes in a fantasy land where money is no object and that people will work for free so that what can be done with equipment designed to operate in space with a budget that runs in the billions can be done everywhere.

People need to get in the real world and stop posting articles from NASA about the efficiency of their HEPA filters as if they mean anything to the HEPA filters installed anywhere else. Completely different application, completely different environment. It's like saying you can travel from Adelaide to Melbourne in 11-12 minutes by plane because the SR-71 Blackbird can travel at 3,500 km/h. Completely unrealistic and disingenuous to even mention it.
Um

Attachments

• CBDF04A6-0789-4D50-8A30-78684876DEEA.jpeg
    CBDF04A6-0789-4D50-8A30-78684876DEEA.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 30

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My little grandson’s childcare centre was closed over Christmas. He usually attends a couple of days a week.
Due to the break and other things he didn’t attend for 4 weeks, he went to plenty of places like you mention here. Not a sniffle.
First week back, a group on a different day had a covid positive child and they all had to have a week off.
Second week back, RSV. Off again sick and now has spread it to his mother.
Anyone with young kids would know that viruses and bacteria soread like wildfire in those types of situations.

Oh wow case closed. So your grandson was off, when it wasn't kicking off and then back when it was at full swing, one kid in another group had Covid, where did that kid catch it then? oh being out and about maybe? Did they catch it at sports etc? I take it every kid in childcare then got Covid right?

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There have been 23 cases of Covid-19 recorded among the crew of HMAS Adelaide, which departed Brisbane on Friday to deliver humanitarian aid to Tonga.
Wonder if they will turn that around as they did the plane on the weekend.

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Scramble, scramble, scamble... oh wait the findings weren't about special over-the-top NASA filters.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oh wow case closed. So your grandson was off, when it wasn't kicking off and then back when it was at full swing, one kid in another group had Covid, where did that kid catch it then? oh being out and about maybe? Did they catch it at sports etc? I take it every kid in childcare then got Covid right?
Yes a few other in the infected child’s group tested positive.
As for RSV….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back