Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get injured and go off for the rest of the game, score goes up while you're on the bench because the goal you kicked at the 3rd minute mark of the fourth quarter ended up being the decider. Yeah that makes sense gary.
It’s the scaling that gets me. So players get added/stripped of points every game just to land on this arbitrary combined total. Talk about not accurately reflecting each individual game.

Add in the Mabo vibe scoring late in close games and the whole thing is a farce. People really play this thing because they reckon it’s a more sophisticated scoring system.

^Sorry to anyone here that also plays SC. If you play fantasy you’re alright regardless :thumbsu:
I played once in my FIL work comp that he signed up for. Knocked the organiser out in the PF and won the lot. Didn’t get an invite again 🤣🤣

It’s the scaling that gets me. So players get added/stripped of points every game just to land on this arbitrary combined total. Talk about not accurately reflecting each individual game.

Add in the Mabo vibe scoring late in close games and the whole thing is a farce. People really play this thing because they reckon it’s a more sophisticated scoring system.
I don't even understand it all and have tried to stay clear of it as much as possible? So are you saying the total points available in each game are the same? So a two hour flat game between North and St Kilda with 10 combined goals scores, will have all players points equal the exact same as a match between Melbourne and GF where 35 goals are scored? That's bonkers

Which rookie would you pick to get that average consistently throughout the year?
Obviously can't say any with clarity now, but they are always available. James Jordon, Miles Bergman, Chad Warner, Errol Gulden, Tom Powell, Caleb Poulter, Nik Cox etc etc all averaged that or more last season.

I don't even understand it all and have tried to stay clear of it as much as possible? So are you saying the total points available in each game are the same? So a two hour flat game between North and St Kilda with 10 combined goals scores, will have all players points equal the exact same as a match between Melbourne and GF where 35 goals are scored? That's bonkers
Yeah it’s 3300 total points every game has to add up to from memory. Players get scaled up or down to reach this number

Also, generally speaking I see a bit of regression in Melbourne players this season. So I'll be staying away from all bar Clayton Oliver who i doubt i'll actually start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man. Listening to The Coaches Panel podcast, which is good for a bit of high level discussion. But the way they seem to focus on Supercoach just always irks me. How is this take from the Ridley episode:

"If you wanna do the dodgy multiplication of 2020 averages for AFL Fantasy which I don't want do because it isn't reality but it does give a ball park"..

Meanwhile the 2020 Supercoach scores are apparently flawless because the "Supercoach" scoring system was merely adjusted to fit the reduced gametime.

So hold on..doing a simple multiplication (which I admit isn't perfect) is somehow terrible data and yet the fantasy land.. secret herbs and spices.. wishy washy... confidential supercoach scoring system is not subject to the exact same extrapolation of data due to a reduced game time. Come on. Seriously?

I really hate SuperCoach.

Here here!

Their system doesn't even make sense half the time, and is subject to the whims of those evaluating all the little intricacies of each player each game. How exactly can a layman be like 'uhhh hey...that doesn't seem right?'

Played around with my team rather than working and currently sitting with the following

Def: Hall, Crisp, Whitfield, Dawson, Sinn, McDonagh
Mid: Steele, McCrae, Mitchell, Jelly, Daicos, Ward, Erasmus, Clark
Ruck: Grundy, Darcy
Fwd: Duncan, De Goey, Thomas, Coleman, Pedlar, Hollands

R2 and F4 is my struggle with this. Darcy and say Coleman/Curnow/Henry or Draper and Butters. Would be amazing if Coleman got a nice half back role

Played around with my team rather than working and currently sitting with the following

R2 and F4 is my struggle with this. Darcy and say Coleman/Curnow/Henry or Draper and Butters. Would be amazing if Coleman got a nice half back role
What was the final number of ruck trades last season?

You gotta feel confident going in with Darcy. So long as he has a pulse they're wheeling him out there

Gotta ask, Tigers peeps, kozi tigs2010 Cotchy9 - with Lynch having issues and Chol and CCJ out the door, who plays that second forward role now?

Does Balta move forward? Ryan or Cumberland get more game time? Colina get time as a ruck and Nank play more forward? Or things go back to 2017, and Riewoldt plays with Dusty, a Caddy type and a bunch of smalls? If so, Clarke or Rioli a chance then too?

Curious, as it seems like there's scope for a couple of debuts Round 1 now...

Gotta ask, Tigers peeps, kozi tigs2010 Cotchy9 - with Lynch having issues and Chol and CCJ out the door, who plays that second forward role now?

Does Balta move forward? Ryan or Cumberland get more game time? Colina get time as a ruck and Nank play more forward? Or things go back to 2017, and Riewoldt plays with Dusty, a Caddy type and a bunch of smalls? If so, Clarke or Rioli a chance then too?

It sounds like Lynch will only miss a week or two of pre season. Still 7 weeks until round 1 so I would think he suits up round 1 pending no further setbacks. Word is that Balta has beentraining with the forwards though

Didn’t know Lynch had issues so I’m not the guy to help you 😂🥴

I may have my navy blue glasses on but Charlie Curnow seems a no brainer. He's fit, best 22, won't attract the #1 defender and might (finally) have a midfield that can deliver him the ball.

I may have my navy blue glasses on but Charlie Curnow seems a no brainer. He's fit, best 22, won't attract the #1 defender and might (finally) have a midfield that can deliver him the ball.
Sold*

until I completely change next week*

**tonight

Anyone worried about Darcy still having his knee stepped during pre season? I mean it’s probably just a conservative measure, but it feels like a ticking time bomb
It's fine .....seems to be precautionary ....you can't see FREO allowing Darcy to train if there was the slightest issue

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back