Where will Fremantle and West Coast play most of their home games this year?

So the Eastern states have been recording 60 , 70 ....80 deaths per day recently.

Are you saying that is less than influenza?

And that is with high double vaccination rates.

If covid isnt a problem as you make out why do so many experts and government disagree with you?

attachment.aspx

So 36 influenza deaths in 2020.

The below is reporting 909 covid deaths in 2020.

Well that disproves the theory covid is no more dangerous.

And in 2020 covid didn't have a full 12 months peak activity.

2021 figures will be interesting.

I note now your resorting into changing history and the facts I posted

please go refer my actual posts and please respond accordingly

I accept this was an honest mistake

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
You would imagine they will want tourists for Easter. I think opening 8 weeks after the original 5 Feb date would be the latest they are closed for.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
McGowan being forced to attend court in Sydney might just speed up the border opening otherwise he has to quarantine on return 🤣

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
You would imagine they will want tourists for Easter. I think opening 8 weeks after the original 5 Feb date would be the latest they are closed for.
They don’t care nor rely on tourists over on the west. The only thing that is important to them is mining. Would be good if he invested some of that mining gold into their hospitals. I can’t see them opening up until after the winter peak.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Of which the AFL should refuse.
It’s either no restrictions whatsoever or no games played in WA until that point in time.

Well that would be what NSW did and look how that turned out.

Dumb suggestion.

Plenty of reasonable protocols to implement to slow the spread and not end up in a Code Brown like Victoria.

And businesses can operate across borders.

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
My money would be for Freo to return to the Gold Coast, seemed popular amongst players and playing at Metricon might give some sort of advantage compared to playing at other teams home grounds in Melbourne.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
You do realise there's other sport on television than AFL ;)

I'll say it once and I'll say it again--- Perth is the 4th largest TV market in Australia and is insignificant in terms of advertising dollars. IF the Perth TV advertising market was valuable, there would be a shift in the time slots to make the games more accessible to the Perth audience, but they don't.
Well at least you didn't bring Vince Russo in this argument lol.

Yeah WA is the 4th biggest Market. Theres 2.6 million living in WA. Had COVID not been existing, WAs population would be over 3 million by the end of the decade.

Not as big as Victoria, NSW or Queensland, but its still a significant slice of the financial pie.

GWS giants can average 8-10,000 people a game in a 25,000 seat stadium, but the AFL knows of they become good, they will lure casual fans. Just look at the 2016 AFL preliminary final between Giants and dogs.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Where did I say get rid of them, but as for bankrolling the competition pfttt and I agree get rid of the leeches like Gold Coast, gws and north
AFL wont get rid of gold coast or gws.

Same reason why AFL wont get rid of the Richmond tigers. Its about tv money.

GWS makes finals, NSW casual viewers goes up.

Just like from 1996-1999 when Sydney made finals off the back of Tony Lockett. He lured viewers and bums on seats.

I look when Bournemouth were in the EPL. Their stadium only held 13,000 seats.

Didnt mean much when that club was pulling 80-100 million pounds a year on tv rights money

Waterhouzin

Team Captain
Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
McGowan being forced to attend court in Sydney might just speed up the border opening otherwise he has to quarantine on return 🤣

I actually think it will have the reverse effect, McGowan won’t want to be seen opening up before he has finished his own 2weeks quarantine upon arrival back in WA. He’d get a huge amount of negative press if he loosened restrictions right about the time he was personally going to be affected!

We likely would have opened up earlier if the current Omicron infections get out of hand - so Clive Palmer may have shot himself in the foot and now be responsible for the extended border restrictions!! (He earlier tried to force WA to open up via the Court system)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is a non issue. There will be hundreds of cases by mid to late next week and the border restrictions dropped within three.

Even as a patriotic West Australian I fail to see how we will contain an Omicron outbreak where precisely 0 other places have (short of the China approach of welding people into their houses and lying about what is happening anyway)

This is a non issue. There will be hundreds of cases by mid to late next week and the border restrictions dropped within three.

Even as a patriotic West Australian I fail to see how we will contain an Omicron outbreak where precisely 0 other places have (short of the China approach of welding people into their houses and lying about what is happening anyway)

Mark can't drop it ahead of his Sydney court case or during his 14 isolation or immediately after his isolation. Otherwise he will fear the electorate calling him out.......it's all about Mark!

if his court case 28 Feb we will have a late March open

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Coast could relocate to Adelaide as have an awesome record at AO.

Though with the recent coivd cases, they may reopen sooner than later...
Eagles mainly have a good recent record at Adelaide oval due to the fact that eagles have got some narrow wins vs port such as the 2017 elim final.

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
So I just heard Brad Hardie on a news report say that both sides are preparing to most likely hub in the early part of the season (reliable source? That I am not certain)

In the already scheduled first 9 rounds each team play 5 games in WA (including a Derby) 2 in Melb, 1 in Adelaide and 1 in QLD.

I presume if a hub becomes a reality the AFL will look at what is most economically viable not what is best for both the WA sides.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
So I just heard Brad Hardie on a news report say that both sides are preparing to most likely hub in the early part of the season (reliable source? That I am not certain)

In the already scheduled first 9 rounds each team play 5 games in WA (including a Derby) 2 in Melb, 1 in Adelaide and 1 in QLD.

I presume if a hub becomes a reality the AFL will look at what is most economically viable not what is best for both the WA sides.

If its just about $$ then Metricon for both teams. AFL owns it and its been used two seasons in a row for this very problem.

All the covid management plans and relationships with resorts etc already exist. Wash, rinse and repeat.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Surely the Eagles should be relocated to the mcg? They could even set up beds in the long room for them. They’ve been crying and whining for years about not getting enough games at the home of football, this is their chance!

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
First two rounds , Fremantle vs West Coast.

Next 10 rounds playing away games based in Melbourne.

If the borders are open, 10 home games in a row.

They won't rejig the fixture - you'll just have to play home games at neutral venues like other teams have over the last couple of years (Melbourne vs Brisbane in West Sydney, Melbourne vs Collingwood at SCG etc)

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal

Then you can expect the entire competition to move here, WA to cure COVID, and Mark McGowan to be named Prime Minister.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely the Eagles should be relocated to the mcg? They could even set up beds in the long room for them. They’ve been crying and whining for years about not getting enough games at the home of football, this is their chance!

Lol. Tell that to AFL House.

Won't happen because you Vics like to horde the MCG and don't like sharing.

Back